Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

My EF3 results on my VIII

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012 | 09:49 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by cursedsm
I did it with the turbo on the car. Easyiest way is to do it with air but if you dont have air use rope. You will want to turn it into the wga about 3 turns or so. Just tie a rope to just below the eyelid and hold the flapper closed and pull. Kinda a pita sometimes but works well. Just don't add to much preload or the wg wont open at all. That my friend is not good.
I can see myself trying this out as well. Even if it is from a "check things out" perspective, it is worth the try.

For the hybrid boost, I would stay on the path that you are with the 3-port EBC assuming that is what your tuner prefers.

All in all, I am glad that you have got this bad boy (or girl) on the road.

I used to live just outside of Spanaway off of Pacific Avenue by the Brookdale Golf Course.
Old Sep 28, 2012 | 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

No way I just moved from there haha I'm living in Roy now
Old Sep 28, 2012 | 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

The delayed boost spool might be related to the Wastegate...does it have the Turbosmart wastegate?
Old Sep 28, 2012 | 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DsmGuy86
No way I just moved from there haha I'm living in Roy now
Awesome!
Old Sep 29, 2012 | 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

thanks again levar and you too curse you guys helped me in the beginning while i was still trying to figure out what an 02 dump does hahaha
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

thanks again levar and you too curse you guys helped me in the beginning while i was still trying to figure out what an 02 dump does hahaha
That seems like yesterday when I gave you that information.
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo unknown
The delayed boost spool might be related to the Wastegate...does it have the Turbosmart wastegate?
Yea it does I don't think they put the 5lbs spring in so it's on the 17lbs spring

Originally Posted by Levar
That seems like yesterday when I gave you that information.
I know thank you again man o and wheni toxic fab stuff comes in ( manifold and 02 dump) I'm oing back to English to be tuned and I'm switching to e85 I'm hoping to break 515 awhp I cant wait to see how it does and hope I can fix this boost issue I haven't tried to preload the wga yet, I'm worried about doing it messing my tune up and running into some knock and bad issues lol
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

I know thank you again man o and wheni toxic fab stuff comes in ( manifold and 02 dump) I'm oing back to English to be tuned and I'm switching to e85 I'm hoping to break 515 awhp I cant wait to see how it does and hope I can fix this boost issue I haven't tried to preload the wga yet, I'm worried about doing it messing my tune up and running into some knock and bad issues lol
I think you will need both a double pumper and intake manifold to make that happen, my friend. For the double pumper, obviously I would say Buschur. For the intake manifold, I would recommend the Curt Brown extreme ported intake manifold as it cannot be beat for the price. As for the pre-load issues, I agree with you about not messing with it. I would have the ER fellahs take a look at it when you get your next tune.
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 03:06 PM
Evolving Member

I think you will need both a double pumper and intake manifold to make that happen, my friend. For the double pumper, obviously I would say Buschur. For the intake manifold, I would recommend the Curt Brown extreme ported intake manifold as it cannot be beat for the price. As for the pre-load issues, I agree with you about not messing with it. I would have the ER fellahs take a look at it when you get your next tune.
Already on the double pumper buddy ER has there own double pumper that I'm goin to use and since I'm stuck on the stock 02 housing I think the toxic fab 02 dump/ housing should free up quite a bit on pump they think I could make close to 450ish maybe a little less on pump 92 so in hoping the e85 should boost me up as long as I break 500 I would be pumped this thing is a beast now so I can only imagine once I fix this spool issue and jump another 100 hp will deff keep me happy for a while at least till I build the block but I'm no longer deployed so funds are a little shorter lol
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Already on the double pumper buddy ER has there own double pumper that I'm goin to use and since I'm stuck on the stock 02 housing I think the toxic fab 02 dump/ housing should free up quite a bit on pump they think I could make close to 450ish maybe a little less on pump 92 so in hoping the e85 should boost me up as long as I break 500 I would be pumped this thing is a beast now so I can only imagine once I fix this spool issue and jump another 100 hp will deff keep me happy for a while at least till I build the block but I'm no longer deployed so funds are a little shorter lol
Fantastic. Are you on the stock bottom end? You will have to keep that torque in check until you build it. The O2 dump will, without question, free up a lot of power and you can safely estimate a safe +75whp on E85.
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Fantastic. Are you on the stock bottom end? You will have to keep that torque in check until you build it. The O2 dump will, without question, free up a lot of power and you can safely estimate a safe +75whp on E85.
Yea stock block so Aaron and I talked it through to keep tq as safe as possible but my girl has already set aside a little piggy bank for some nice rods so we can push this thing much harder for next years shoot out although I think its time to strengthen some driveline parts as well I'm hoping my comp stage 2 can hold up for a while with the 500ish hp levels

How's megaton doing
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Yea stock block so Aaron and I talked it through to keep tq as safe as possible but my girl has already set aside a little piggy bank for some nice rods so we can push this thing much harder for next years shoot out although I think its time to strengthen some driveline parts as well I'm hoping my comp stage 2 can hold up for a while with the 500ish hp levels

How's megaton doing
I am actually thinking about selling Megatron. I am moving back to Texas next month and need the money to safely make the transition.

With the EF3 on a 2.0L, the torque should be late enough in the powerband where you will be alright. Take a look at the EF Turbo thread to see where peak torque is experienced with the EF3. I understand about having a rod stash but it is not that simple as you might as well get the entire bottom end built. Are you staying with a 2.0L even when you build it? As for the drivetrain, you and I have the same clutch and I was making 475wtq and did not have any issues. Your drivetrain will be just fine as long as you are not doing dead stop runs. Keeping things in motion significantly reduces strain, my friend.
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

This is true yea I want to stay on the 2.0 I think maybe one day I'll do a 2.4 build but for now planes on the next few years is build the 2.0 to over 650 I know I'll need a different turbo for that but like I said a few years down the line I wouldn't mind having the tranny built and have 4.11 gear ratio too

Yea I read your fs thread was sad when I saw it since I followed megatron for quite some time now I hope you move to Texas is smooth an easy buddy
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

This is true yea I want to stay on the 2.0 I think maybe one day I'll do a 2.4 build but for now planes on the next few years is build the 2.0 to over 650 I know I'll need a different turbo for that but like I said a few years down the line I wouldn't mind having the tranny built and have 4.11 gear ratio too

Yea I read your fs thread was sad when I saw it since I followed megatron for quite some time now I hope you move to Texas is smooth an easy buddy
As for Megatron, the more I look at him in the garage, the more I want to see things through. Since I am moving back to Texas, I believe that I will have him sent to KevinD and the Evolution Dynamics fellahs as they helped me greatly with my first EVO.

For the 650whp, yes, you will need something along the lines of the 6262.

As for the transmission, I, too have plans to get a built transmission with IX first gear (assuming I keep Megatron).
Old Sep 30, 2012 | 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

As for Megatron, the more I look at him in the garage, the more I want to see things through. Since I am moving back to Texas, I believe that I will have him sent to KevinD and the Evolution Dynamics fellahs as they helped me greatly with my first EVO.

For the 650whp, yes, you will need something along the lines of the 6262.

As for the transmission, I, too have plans to get a built transmission with IX first gear (assuming I keep Megatron).
Yea my girlfriend and I have decided to go the 6262 route or even an FP black seeing Tom has gotten some serious power from that's turbo I'm unsure the route I want to take I know I love the stock frame set ups but the 6262 is so enticing to me

But for right now I just have to hope that preloading this wga will help me spool faster them 5k my buddy's hTa 3062 spools faster lol

I hope megatron stays alive with you I would like to see that bad boy go

Quick Reply: My EF3 results on my VIII