Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Ricky's 2.4LR FP Black Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^...Looks Good.

Wat power goal r u trying to get?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You sir need this!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-tuck-how.html
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Thanks for posting that, haha.

We've been discussing the need of a tuck, at this point my goal is to get the car driving again. I'll come back to cleaning the bay up once i'm confident in the cars reliability. But that'll give me a good start once i'm at that point, thanks.

Chaz, at this point i'm not quite sure. I'm having it tuned by Aaron, he's pretty certain that it won't be able to hit 500, on pump, although i've seen other builds get above 500. However, without an o2 dump, s3 cams, and a better flowing IM i'd be happy with 450 for its intial tune.

Edit:WOW, your tuck looks amazing. I've deleted a small majority of what I want to in my engine bay so when I have time i'll do that. Evo's are a bit daunting. I did the tuck in my GSX, which was very straight forward. It seems my evo has double the amount of wiring and the additional Mitsubishi BS option offered from factory. Were there complicatons you ran into? The only things I can see actually cutting out at this point will be the emissions, as I already have most of it removed.

Last edited by SHSLKing11; Jan 21, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SHSLKing11
Thanks for posting that, haha.

We've been discussing the need of a tuck, at this point my goal is to get the car driving again. I'll come back to cleaning the bay up once i'm confident in the cars reliability. But that'll give me a good start once i'm at that point, thanks.

Chaz, at this point i'm not quite sure. I'm having it tuned by Aaron, he's pretty certain that it won't be able to hit 500, on pump, although i've seen other builds get above 500. However, without an o2 dump, s3 cams, and a better flowing IM i'd be happy with 450 for its intial tune.

Edit:WOW, your tuck looks amazing. I've deleted a small majority of what I want to in my engine bay so when I have time i'll do that. Evo's are a bit daunting. I did the tuck in my GSX, which was very straight forward. It seems my evo has double the amount of wiring and the additional Mitsubishi BS option offered from factory. Were there complicatons you ran into? The only things I can see actually cutting out at this point will be the emissions, as I already have most of it removed.
Thanks man! The only thing I cut was the EGR stuff as I had it all removed already too. Honestly, I really didn't run into any complications. The way that I did you only have to cut and re-connect like 3 wires just to route each plug separately. I could've gotten a ton more aggressive with it, but only it's the difference between a weekend and two weeks of work, and only I would've noticed a difference.

The Evo harness is filled with a ton of crap and it really is a pain to work around, especially compared to DSMs.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Blue91lx
Thanks man! The only thing I cut was the EGR stuff as I had it all removed already too. Honestly, I really didn't run into any complications. The way that I did you only have to cut and re-connect like 3 wires just to route each plug separately. I could've gotten a ton more aggressive with it, but only it's the difference between a weekend and two weeks of work, and only I would've noticed a difference.

The Evo harness is filled with a ton of crap and it really is a pain to work around, especially compared to DSMs.
That's the truth, seems like my Dsm harness took me a couple hours. I'm going to come back to when the car recieves a few more mods as it'll be apart and easier to do.

Excited to just drive it again...

Last edited by SHSLKing11; Jan 21, 2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:08 PM

Well. We got the car started. Everything seems to be in decent order except a few concerns, that is extreme oil pressure. Reading at 110psi. Is that normal for most motors? I know cold starts are that way. So I'm hoping that's all it is. And the loudness of the gsc lifters. I read something about some gsc lifters not allowing the valves to function properly, I know they're new but I've never heard it quite like this. Going to address this today and make sure the valves are closing, reactionevo is also going the bleed them again to ensure that wasn't the issue.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well,like Ricky said,we got the car started the other day...it had a dead hole(number 1)...I rebled the lifters since i suspected an issue with them..still had a dead hole...swapped the injector,resistor pack, and coils...still no luck..took the valvecover back off and pulled the lifters on cylinder 1..found the issue..one of the gsc lifters was defective..

I swapped that out and it runs perfect now..going to take it for a spin tomorrow and check it over closely but she is about ready to tune..

got his out of the garage and its onto the next one:-)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

wow, good work. you def kno how to crank them out

btw thats normal w/ fp's intake pipe. i personally had to rotate it towards the front of the car. you should def look into going SD.. i shoulda from the get go, someone will always be willing to buy that FP intake.. on and its 3"
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:51 PM

nice looking car, and sucks what happened to the wheels
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Since Ricky never updated this i guess i will...it made 460/430 on a ER speed density tune on 92 octane pump gas,hes been driving the hell out of it and having fun...now he's already talking about an o2 dump and s3's...the addiction never ends haha