Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Mad Cow

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015 | 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by fjm9898
Yes made them myself.
You probably dont have the same wheels as me or else you looking at a 2+inch fender pull. lol
These are stupid wide and not good for anything but tooling around town. I have another set of wheels for when i want to go quick. they dont fill the fenders out like these do.
Damn thats sick dude. Yeah i have the cosmis on order 18x11 +8. Currently im running 18x10.5 +15 with a 20mm spacer. Im glad i came across your build thread as i had no idea how to treat the front end. You sure gave me some great ideas

Old May 21, 2015 | 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Then i would stop what your doing right now and wait for those wheels. That wheel needs a 30mm spacer to clear the brakes. Add the half inch in width and 17mm difference in offset and your not going to fit under those fenders you have pictured and your going to have to start over.

Furthermore i hope you plan on being a low and slow guy. the handling on the car with the offset so negative is quite crap. The scrub radius is completely shot. Mac Strut style suspensions like we have hate negative offsets and -22 is quite extreme. You can get away with this on a double A arm car, but not us. This is why i have 2 sets of wheels and am fine with the track wheels being an inch inside the fender and looking really goofy. Its a very poor choice in wheel for our car. only reason i am running it is that i actually bought them for another car i am building, but decided i did want them sitting around for years till the other car is ready. Then i ended up having to make this Wide Body. That car is going to see very few miles with those wheels.

At this point i am really wishing i didnt put them on and build my kit around them. Every time i see people post about Cosmis XT-206s on a Evo i tell them to steer clear. Helped a friend when he got the 18x9.5 and we still had to get the b-magic 35mm over fender and cut a **** load of his front bumper away to get them to turn without rubbing. They are awesome wheels but not happy on Evos. Oh and you get to make a custom way to mount your headlights since you get to hack that bracket apart for tire clearance. Oh and more, i am going to tell you now, you are going to need to cut back a good 3 inches of your bumper to get them to turn. Looks like crap from the side due to the huge wheel gap. I am basically never going to take another side shot of my car ever again unless the wheels are turned lol. Like i said, i wish i never did this. I dont want to be a buzz kill, but i am just warning you, if i knew what i do know, i would of never of done it and suggest you heed my advice. Your current setup looks plenty wide and leave it at that.

Last edited by fjm9898; May 21, 2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old May 21, 2015 | 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Dang, pretty crappy situation with those wheels lol. The car looks like a damn track monster, have you been taking her out or have plans to in the near future?
Old May 21, 2015 | 08:13 PM

Cheers mate, thanks for the tips and the heads up

I ordered them because of the look lol. My race wheels are the ones i have mounted now but i liked the look of the cosmis and thought I'd give em a shot. Looks like a FS ad will be put up soon lol.

I understand what you mean about trimming the bumper. Thanks again for the advice.
Old May 21, 2015 | 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

No problem. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but trust me, they really arent worth the hassle and making your car drive funny. I know Cosmis, being such a young company, is working on more offsets to expand their catalog. Maybe one day their wheels will be more evo friendly and you can go snag a set then and not have to deal with what i did and put me to shame haha. Give it time and you should see the xt-206 in more offsets.

I really went out on a limb with them. It was 5 months of work to get to the point of making everything fit and i had to hack up alot of the car.

Yes i will be tracking, that is the main purpose of this car. i just need to stop spending money modifying it and start spending it to actually race it haha.

Last edited by fjm9898; May 21, 2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2015 | 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Old Jun 17, 2015 | 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Man thats a lot of trouble just for some wheel fitment... But each there own.
Old Jun 17, 2015 | 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

And this be the only. lol
I think i accomplished my "being different" goal. Just more work then i was expecting haha.