Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Back on the saddle '14 GSR this time

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice setup man. I went ***** out when I got my 14 x as well.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:47 AM
T6
Evolving Member

Thank you Rocket!

I have a few questions for you guys... When i am done with 3/3 (rest of power, turbo, manifolds and al that jazz) I am thinking cosmetics with weight reduction as icing. I do not care about weight reduction to go out and remove my backseats and my AC. However... Here is what I am thinking:

AMS CF Roof
VIS Hood and Trunk with OEM style CF wing.

The Ams CF roof is pretty much THE best option when it comes to being extremely useful and functional especially since I have a steel roof with a sunroof. So that will for sure happen. However... When it comes to Hood + Trunk, that's where I need you guys' help.

I am NOT going with any "MADE IN CHINA" when it comes to these parts so Seibon, Rexspeed is out of the question.

I am also looking into getting a real FQ400 body kit from the UK but I understand it is a PITA for sure. I am not interested in the GT400 kit, so if I am getting a body kit, it will be the OEM FQ400. I will also be getting a custom catback made to fit that IF i go that route but anyone know of a Vendor on here that can make this happen? I will only grab front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper along with the diffuser of the FQ400. So minus hood + trunk.

Appreciate the input!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^why not get the fq400 hood as well. Or the test&service if you wanted the carbon one.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:26 AM
T6
Evolving Member

An update... ON decisions and parts. I've decided to skip the body kit stuff as it isn't worth ordering them. However, will be getting the AMS CF roof as well as a OEM design CF spoiler (brand not determined, still a ways to go for that).

I have finally ordered my Whiteline Front Sway, Whiteline RCK (roll center kit) and Eibach Pro Kit. Also have ordered the Perrin PSRS as well. I will install the Front Sway, bushings and the Pro Kit in the garage either alone or with another friend but the RCK I will have Cobb @ Plano do that and align her before the badass cruise on Dec 7th.

In the mean time...

I've gotten my LED DRL's pro installed as well as getting some stuff painted. Fuse box covers, engine cover (cant say i love it that much), battery positive cap, power steering line and the front Mitsu emblem to all match the UICP color. I will do a DIY on the firewall shield to match it as well OR find one to replace it... Pictures are below.

Last edited by T6; Nov 15, 2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I like the LED fogs! Mitsu should have kept them that way from the Prototype X back in the day.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 07:07 PM

Those fog lights are sick!!
Old Nov 20, 2013, 04:34 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Friday and Saturday, will be installing: WhiteLine front sway bar, Whiteline Rear Sway bar bushings and saddles, Rally Armor Mudflaps, and Eibach Pro kit.

Should be a fun time!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 05:28 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Update on the install...

Front sway bar took hell of a lot more work than originally anticipated. The rear engine mount and snaking out/in the old/new sway bar was quite the pain but I got it done... A buddy of mine helped me with dropping the under brace and snaking the sway in but that was about it.

I also got the front springs replaced with the Eibach Pro Kit and installed front mudflaps. Tomorrow, will tackle the rear springs and the mudflaps. I probably will also change the rear sways' to soft from medium. Then she will be finally ready to go... She has been up on stands since Friday afternoon, feels like forever since I got to drive her... lol. Here are some pics below, a bit crap quality but my garage has been 20-25F since Friday...

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i6...ps26c23845.jpg

December 4th-5th and 7th weekend is gonna be a fun couple of days. December 4th, I will see if my T-Case is overfilled from factory at the dealership as well as redeeming my free oil change for purchasing the car. On the 5th, I will be dropping her off at Cobb @ Plano for Whiteline RCK (roll center kit) installed, Perrin PSRS (i might switch it to Whitelines system on the fly at cobb - we shall see, and an -1.50 F + R and 0 toe alignment.

On the 7th there is a great cruise and will be the perfect time to test out my new suspension
Old Dec 11, 2013, 06:55 PM
T6
Evolving Member

Just a quick update... I did end up going to Dallas for Cobb so they would install the Whiteline RCK and the Arm Bushings - Inner Rear Position but due to winter storm heading down... I only got an alignment and head back home to AR. Since I also have the stock summer advans, while not being a terrible drive... was not the safest. Anyhow, since the storm did hit.... I havent been able to drive my baby . Mean while... I've gotten the Perrin shift knob and install it. Pics are of my alignment, Perrin PSRS vs Whiteline Arm Bushings - Inner Rear Position (same thing) and the shift knob! Shift knob, I actually would suggest if you don't have one that you do not love. They are or were on sale when I got it and half of what other shift knobs go for. It is a little heavier than the stock one which works perfect. I haven't driven with it yet, just shifted in the garage lol.

Old Jan 1, 2014, 06:14 PM
T6
Evolving Member

With the travelling season and snow/ice... I've decided that it was best to grab some winter tires just in case and it turned out as a fantastic drive. I ordered some Blizzaks and got them mounted the morning I left out of town.

I soon will be ordering:

MAP Recirculated downpipe,
ID1000CC PnP Harness only (already have the injectors),
Torque Solutions Thermal Intake Manifold Gasket,
Walbro 255lph fuel pump.

I already have: Whiteline RCK and Front Lower Control Arm Bushings - Inner Rear Position, Cobb 3'' black turbo inlet sitting in the guest bedroom waiting to be put on so those 4 things will be added. Then there shall be only the follow left to get but I will be sending in my own core for them instead of buying them especially since I only will have less than 10k miles on them before I do the rest of the build (hopefully). OR I find some amazing deals on them. I did for the intake mani but was sold before I could grab it which made me sad .

Left to get (will ship off my parts to MAP):

MAP rev3 64mm oem intake manifold porting,
MAP oem Exhaust Manifold porting,
Mil.Spec 64mm Throttle Body,
MAP EF2.5 3'' non-anti surge, compressor and turbine porting.

The DP, Intake Mani, exhaust mani and the turbo hotside will be all coated black by SPC @ Arlington, TX.

Once I complete my power, I will enjoy the hell out of it and once I begin to have the itch to do some more stuff... I will be doing:

AMS CF roof,
Akrapovic full exhaust without downpipe,
VIS CF oem style wing
and who knows what cosmetic/touch up interior/exterior stuff lol

Here are some pics: