Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

razorlab's simple build(s)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2020, 01:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by kikiturbo
every modern one.... we were blessed with some real nice powerfull fwd cars from the likes of renault that really drove well and were tail happy on demand... Latest offerings are, sadly, dull if the conditions are not right..
Sadly we never got any hot hatch renaults here.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
any thoughts on switching back from the gti to a veloster n? is hyundai still using some variant of the 4b11?

i was just watching this video,

and i really like the veloster
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Technical course and N torque benefit. If Nordschleife different story. N is still impressive especially when price is factored. I am running the JB4 piggyback on my Hyundai N-line. The budget I30 offering for the USA. I missed my Fiesta ST and it fills the void.
Let's get Bryan in a Hyundai....heck he's had 2 Ford FiSTs.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 242 Likes on 218 Posts
yea no doubt would be different at somewhere like road america, but still keenly interested on this little guy, particularly the dct version.

i agree though!!!
Old Dec 22, 2020, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
yea no doubt would be different at somewhere like road america, but still keenly interested on this little guy, particularly the dct version.

i agree though!!!
New wet-clutch DCT 8-sp 1/4 mile: 13.4 sec @ 105 mph and that is before Bryan learns to tune them..
Old Dec 22, 2020, 02:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Did my first tweaks to the ECU. These wake up real quick. This is my first rev with zero tweaks on the street. I just tweaked the tune at my desk and then went and did some pulls on the road. I added more boost out the top, 15psi instead of 9psi stock. Richened it up. Running less timing than stock. Still a lot in this but I don't want to kill the stock clutch so I am just going to keep tweaking 5k+

The peak torque is off as the wheels spun on torque onset. Tuning a FWD with no diff in 40* ambient temp and semi damp roads is fun. lol

The following users liked this post:
LetsGetThisDone (Dec 22, 2020)
Old Mar 9, 2021, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, where did this thread go? It just says nope now? I would love a simple build for my new Evo X.
Thank you!
Old Mar 15, 2021, 02:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by razorlab
With the New Jersey MVC (equivalent of DMV) closed because of Covid, I really have no drive to finish the car so I haven't touched the car in a month.
Well, if you can believe it, it took five months of calling a billion people, sending a billion different documents, and lots of waiting to just get a duplicate California car title for the Evo, so I can now get a NJ title for it, then get it registered. This has been a total pain in the *** process so far.

First I have to get it running again... I haven't looked at the car in the same amount of time, I think I forget what it looks like...

The following 3 users liked this post by RazorLab:
Crzykdd (Apr 29, 2021), EVO196 (Mar 15, 2021), whtrice (Mar 16, 2021)
Old Mar 26, 2021, 06:40 AM

Well, if you can believe it, it took five months of calling a billion people, sending a billion different documents, and lots of waiting to just get a duplicate California car title for the Evo, so I can now get a NJ title for it, then get it registered. This has been a total pain in the *** process so far.

First I have to get it running again... I haven't looked at the car in the same amount of time, I think I forget what it looks like...

Damn i just bought my 10 ralliart sportback waiting on title n sticker before i transfer it out from cali to Colorado... Crap not you got me worried.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 06:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Chikou_10Ra
Damn i just bought my 10 ralliart sportback waiting on title n sticker before i transfer it out from cali to Colorado... Crap not you got me worried.
If you have the CA title already it should be fine, mine was lost because of the bank sending it to my old address in CA. So all this time and energy was spent proving I actually owned the car, and doing it remotely from 3000 miles away. It was a pain in the ***.

Good news is I went to NJ DMV yesterday and changed the CA title to NJ and now have NJ plates for the Evo. Time to get it up and running again!
The following users liked this post:
deylag (Mar 27, 2021)
Old Mar 26, 2021, 07:02 AM

If you have the CA title already it should be fine, mine was lost because of the bank sending it to my old address in CA. So all this time and energy was spent proving I actually owned the car, and doing it remotely from 3000 miles away. It was a pain in the ***.

Good news is I went to NJ DMV yesterday and changed the CA title to NJ and now have NJ plates for the Evo. Time to get it up and running again!
Bought it from dealer they didn't have title on hand crossing fingers it will be soon.. Cool going to follow thread
Old Mar 26, 2021, 07:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats, hopefully I get to see this machine around town soon
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Took the car cover off today. I don't think I have looked under the cover for maybe 10 months. I forgot what the car looked like.

The reason I took the car cover off is I actually have a deadline now to get the car running again. We have an accepted offer on a house and if all goes well, we are moving in less than two months! So I need to get my *** in gear.

Seeing the car again for the first time in 10 months, realizing how clean it is and the condition it's in actually got me interested in it again. I'll try to document my (now time constrained) efforts to get it running again...

The following 3 users liked this post by RazorLab:
ctfpevoVIII (Apr 11, 2021), EVO196 (Apr 11, 2021), mikemike396 (Apr 11, 2021)
Old Apr 11, 2021, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Took the car cover off today. I don't think I have looked under the cover for maybe 10 months. I forgot what the car looked like.

The reason I took the car cover off is I actually have a deadline now to get the car running again. We have an accepted offer on a house and if all goes well, we are moving in less than two months! So I need to get my *** in gear.

Seeing the car again for the first time in 10 months, realizing how clean it is and the condition it's in actually got me interested in it again. I'll try to document my (now time constrained) efforts to get it running again...

Car looks great!!
Old Apr 11, 2021, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Looks Spotless for being under a cover for that long where are you moving too?

Quick Reply: razorlab's simple build(s)