Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

razorlab's simple build(s)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2021, 01:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,570 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Very nice. My car needs a brake upgrade, need to bring myself to drop the cash lol
Old Jun 7, 2021, 01:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Very nice. My car needs a brake upgrade, need to bring myself to drop the cash lol
For the CT9A, look at the AP Racing kits as well. They are supposed to be great. I was actually looking to do that with my CZ4A but they didn't have any proven kits for the platform at the time.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 05:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,570 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Essex Parts has the 4 pot kit that clears 17" wheels, or the 6 pot kit with 372mm rotors that is $4500. I can get stop tech through turn14 at a significant discount through my shop. So I'm leaning that route.
Old Jun 20, 2021, 07:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Evo made it the 90 miles from NJ to our new house in NY.

The most it's driven in two years. Only issue is that the fuel pressure got stuck at 62-64 psi at idle and cruise which made some bits of driving in traffic a little interesting and I also couldn't give it much throttle as the car felt really unhappy. So I just cruised in the slow line while my wife followed me.

Going to guess maybe the fuel filter got clogged or something similar. Going to pull the filter when I get some time. Right now we are tripping over boxes and furniture.

New garage is bigger but needs some TLC.

Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was there a big difference when you upgraded to 6 piston big brakes? You plan on upgrading the rear?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 09:33 AM
EvoM Guru

Pulled the inline filter out today. Totally clean with no blockage. So I guess I need to pull the radium hanger that I literally just put in, out of the tank, and see what's going on. My surge tank is not showing any pressure so I doubt it's anything in there. Never a dull moment with this car.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Didn't work on the car to figure out the fuel pressure issue but I did work on the garage that the car sits in. We just bought a house in the mid-hudson area of New York and the 55 year old garage slab has seen better days.

It was either pay a crazy amount of cash to demo and pour a new slab or try out some tiles to hold me over until I pay for a new slab. I ended up ordering half the amount of tiles to see if it would work well with the floor condition and I would happy with the outcome.

I installed them today and I have to say it is way beyond my expectations. I was so impressed I ordered the other half the second I finished the work today.

The following 5 users liked this post by RazorLab:
codgi (Jul 7, 2021), ctfpevoVIII (Jul 6, 2021), EVO196 (Jul 5, 2021), Jaraxle (Jul 5, 2021), whtrice (Jul 14, 2021)
Old Jul 6, 2021, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Didn't work on the car to figure out the fuel pressure issue but I did work on the garage that the car sits in. We just bought a house in the mid-hudson area of New York and the 55 year old garage slab has seen better days.

It was either pay a crazy amount of cash to demo and pour a new slab or try out some tiles to hold me over until I pay for a new slab. I ended up ordering half the amount of tiles to see if it would work well with the floor condition and I would happy with the outcome.

I installed them today and I have to say it is way beyond my expectations. I was so impressed I ordered the other half the second I finished the work today.

looks great goes nice with the color of your car! What did it cost to do that side of the garage and where did you buy?
Old Jul 6, 2021, 05:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ctfpevoVIII
looks great goes nice with the color of your car! What did it cost to do that side of the garage and where did you buy?
Thanks!

That bit, which is a little more than half of the garage, was 290 tiles and it cost $800.

Overall, it is going to cost right about $1400 to do the whole 24'x21' garage.

I purchased them from Garage Flooring LLC. I am 99% sure these are the same as Racedeck. They even came in racedeck branded boxes.

The following 2 users liked this post by RazorLab:
codgi (Jul 7, 2021), ctfpevoVIII (Jul 22, 2021)
Old Jul 21, 2021, 08:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Figured out the high fuel pressure issue.

For some reason, when I went to tweak my pump controller mapping last month for the larger pump, it totally erased the proper map sensor scaling and I never noticed it. Put in the proper map sensor scaling and it's back to normal pressure again at idle and cruise.

Glad I checked that first before I started tearing things apart again.
The following 5 users liked this post by RazorLab:
Crzykdd (Jul 23, 2021), EVO196 (Jul 22, 2021), Jaraxle (Jul 22, 2021), osetsky (Jul 21, 2021), whtrice (Jul 22, 2021)
Old Jul 22, 2021, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Figured out the high fuel pressure issue.

For some reason, when I went to tweak my pump controller mapping last month for the larger pump, it totally erased the proper map sensor scaling and I never noticed it. Put in the proper map sensor scaling and it's back to normal pressure again at idle and cruise.

Glad I checked that first before I started tearing things apart again.
Nice, about time you had a simpler fix for something.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 03:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by whtrice
Nice, about time you had a simpler fix for something.
Welp, not so simple. I took it for a spin today and it's not increasing fuel pressure in boost. I am also getting a weird signal from the map sensor when I calibrate it through the torqbyte software. HOWEVER, the map sensor is logging perfectly fine in racecapture and in spec with my OEM sensor so I don't think it's the sensor itself.

So now I am thinking there is some connection problem with the 0-5v line from the map sensor to the torqbyte controller. I swear it's never-ending with this car. I literally haven't been able to just enjoy this car in like 3 years. Redonkulious.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Welp, not so simple. I took it for a spin today and it's not increasing fuel pressure in boost. I am also getting a weird signal from the map sensor when I calibrate it through the torqbyte software. HOWEVER, the map sensor is logging perfectly fine in racecapture and in spec with my OEM sensor so I don't think it's the sensor itself.

So now I am thinking there is some connection problem with the 0-5v line from the map sensor to the torqbyte controller. I swear it's never-ending with this car. I literally haven't been able to just enjoy this car in like 3 years. Redonkulious.
Oh crap...I thought you'd be off to the races. Sounds like an electrical gremlin now. You proved it isn't the MAP sensor by logging. The torqbyte controller and or connections? Since software was the previous issue is their another setting that could be compromised as well?

Last edited by whtrice; Jul 22, 2021 at 06:57 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 07:47 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
It's always something...and oh boy aren't electrical bugs fun. The ground for the torqbyte module solid?
The following users liked this post:
Jaraxle (Jul 22, 2021)
Old Jul 23, 2021, 09:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Went to go get the Evo inspected today. It passed which is good so now I can actually drive the car when and wherever I want.

The odd thing is now the car runs just fine, increases fuel pressure in boost and everything. *shrug* If anything, now it's about .7 richer at WOT, which doesn't sound crazy as I went from the 450 to the 525 pump.

I forgot modded cars can be temperamental. I just don't like having a high horsepower car run so temperamentally... I Will still dig into things to make sure everything is 100%.

Also, I forgot how crazy fast this car is, even on 24psi, which is 100 whp down from my 29psi map. lol.

Quick Reply: razorlab's simple build(s)