Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

my first ix mr

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2014, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats up everyone? Starting from the beginning I picked this gem up at a local toyota dealer with 61,000 miles. my first ix mr-64uarlf.jpg Car was I/TBE/MBC had paper work saying it was tuned my Turbo Trix and made 353whp back in 2007. my first ix mr-mk75hkm.jpg The hood was a nightmare, it was a vented VIS carbon fiber, the clear was so faded it was white. So first on the list was wet sand then wet sand then more wet sand then finished off with some more wet sanding. Oh then a layer of clear, duh. I don't have a picture of the hood at first but here's after some sanding. my first ix mr-wmohkeq.jpgmy first ix mr-dks9clt.jpg I wish I had a real before and after because it's night and day. These two are getting closer to a finished product. my first ix mr-ddjyl8a.jpgmy first ix mr-joaeocn.jpg And then BOOM! my first ix mr-o27a4wc.jpgmy first ix mr-vtcb26u.jpg Could still use a good buff at the moment but it looks 1000x better then white, hah. After this it was time to move the gauges, they were on the A pillar and I'm not a fan of this so they went from. my first ix mr-8w99edt.jpg To where the stock radio was located and I moved the radio to the stock MR gauges and ditched them. my first ix mr-kgxswvs.jpg I also ditched them gauges because I wanted defi's then said FUDGE THAT I'll buy red prosports. So there's a boost, oil pressure and a AEM wideband there currently. my first ix mr-bzeso8s.jpg Next it was time for tires and brakes so I did some research on here and came out with some Hankook vents v12 evo and stop tech pads, rotors and stainless steel lines. my first ix mr-p81q95f.jpg my first ix mr-yfxxvfs.jpg And yes, I HAVE to take care of this caliper clear problem still. Then from there I did a littler here a little there like new MR floor mats(stealership didn't include any), vortex generator, window visors and some knockoff shorty antenna. After all this I decided it was time to make some noise, MAperformance O2 dump it was. my first ix mr-nnhiyaw.jpg But then I got out of control, I parked her and just starting buying buying buying. Omni 4 bar map sensor Grimmspeed 3port BCS FIC 1100cc inj Sparktech non cdi COP Ets 3.5 in intercooler kit with short route Ets intake Ets mini battery kit ARP exhaust mani studs(i broke three of mine ) GSC S2 cams ARP head studs Then the things I still need are valve springs, just thinking gsc beehives. OEM head gasket Timing belt kit/ gates kevlar timing belt And I want to get my exhaust mani ported or buy a stock ported one! I still have to figure out fuel pump i was told there is a walboro in there but i have no proof so I'm gonna have to check or maybe buy something. Then it's tune time, I live right outside of northeast philly in pa and was thinking about calling up iveytune in Linden NJ. Anyone recommend anywhere? Im actually starting to get IMPATIENT! I want to drive my car haha. My goal is 400whp what do you guys think? doable? Heres a couple more pics! my first ix mr-554kvzi.jpg my first ix mr-zfxhpon.jpg my first ix mr-zbgxqq5.jpg

Last edited by dumpdbasethound; Jun 20, 2014 at 06:38 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Car is coming along very well
Old Jun 21, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice simple mods!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
You should be able to hit 400whp on 93oct. Definitely on E85
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Def 400 on e85 maybe on pump.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by bstgsr
Car is coming along very well
Thank you!

Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
nice simple mods!
Thanks and yeah that's what I wanted something easy that's not gonna kill my wallet hah

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
You should be able to hit 400whp on 93oct. Definitely on E85
Originally Posted by rjfg
Def 400 on e85 maybe on pump.
E85 isn't easily available around here but since it's not my daily it has me thinking, but if I don't I'm stuck with 93oct. Some evo owners around me and trying to push me towards meth but I'm still unsure. The thing is tho my buddy has a brand new aem meth kit he installed on his built tc but never used, he said I can have the kit and 4 gallons of meth for 200 bucks if I help him take it off which is a steal!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

If it's not your daily then just go for E85!
Nice little Tacomas you have there, I want to pick one up as a daily.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 09:56 PM

If it's not your daily then just go for E85! Nice little Tacomas you have there, I want to pick one up as a daily.
That's what I keep thinking but then if I want to go somewhere like a meet that's far or to the shore I'm beat! And thanks I love my tacoma the red one is mine the black one is one of my roommates, almost all of my friends daily some type of toyota from older pick ups to 4runners they caught the bug from me hahaha.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

I had an 03 Tacoma(Srunner) that was very fun and reliable. Nice little trucks.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:17 PM

I had an 03 Tacoma(Srunner) that was very fun and reliable. Nice little trucks.
Why'd you ever let it go!? haha I couldn't ever let this one go I've never had any major problems with it beside the frame rot, but toyota's recall helped that with a brand new frame
Old Jun 23, 2014, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dumpdbasethound
Why'd you ever let it go!? haha I couldn't ever let this one go I've never had any major problems with it beside the frame rot, but toyota's recall helped that with a brand new frame
Well because it was 2wd and it snows alot where I live. Could barely drive the thing around even with snow tires and 400lbs of sand in the bed. And I really wanted an Evo
Old Jul 11, 2014, 02:12 AM

Welp its been awhile and I've picked up some more parts. I decided on GSC hi rev valve springs with titanium retainers, so I picked them up. I also picked up all my timing belt stuff I just got gates everything and grabbed a OEM head gasket too. My heads off to the machine shop on monday HOPEFULLY. Im definitely running meth because E85 is borderline impossible to get around here well its not impossible its just sorta a PITA. Im also looking into maybe an FP black I changed my mind about my stock turbo, and FUEL PUMP I'm just going to run a buschur double pumper kit. I guess my power goals changed a little bit on this build, I'm willing to push the stock block so FUDGE IT! What do you guys think about running a double pumper and FIC 1100's should I do a rail and a FPR too? Or will the stock one do the job? Idk what job i want it to do but deff more then my original goal of 400whp
Old Jul 11, 2014, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Honestly, you will not hit 400whp on 93 oct & stock turbo. For the tune, I would suggest giving Krazy House Customs a call & setup an appointment with Petey. They are no longer vendors on here but his screen name is PeteyTurbo.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Honestly, you will not hit 400whp on 93 oct & stock turbo. For the tune, I would suggest giving Krazy House Customs a call & setup an appointment with Petey. They are no longer vendors on here but his screen name is PeteyTurbo.
Yeah that's why I was thinking of running meth to hit my goal, but plans have changed and I won't be running a stock turbo but I'm still running meth so I should have no problem. And I had a buddy who wasn't happy with krazy house.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lookin good man!

Quick Reply: my first ix mr