Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2022, 01:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno99
PRODUCT BENEFITS
Penrite Running In Oil is a premium mineral, SAE 15W-40, non friction modified, low detergent
& dispersant engine oil, designed for the critical running in period for both new, re-built
and crate engines. It contains an advanced anti-wear additive pack featuring HIGH
ZINC (exceeding 1600+ ppm levels) for ultimate engine wear protection during these
first stages of engine use.
CAN BE USED WHERE THE FOLLOWING SAE VISCOSITIES ARE
RECOMMENDED
15W-40
20W-40
20W-50
SAE 30
Yep there ya go. It is all good stuff regardless of who makes it as long as it protects the way it is suppose to thats what matters to me. I choose Schaeffers being I noticed that my oil temp is lower doesn't run as hot as vr1 or brad penn as well. I know teams that run our springs in whatever racing they are in swear on it. If its good enough for cars with more power then mine and teams that spend 10 times what I spent on my motor then its good enough for me.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for that info, i am going to look into Schaeffers and HPL oil and change for this year!
Old Jan 17, 2022, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

I believe you can get Schaeffer's on Amazon. There are places that will carry it but hard to find. Best bet is to go on their website and look for dealers that carry it.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 03:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well not really much to update. Last I heard block was in line to be assembled. That was 2 weeks ago or so, so who knows. But I hope this works because this stuff showed up today well at least part of it did. I already had the Ic7
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Apr 6, 2022)
Old Mar 14, 2022, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well today is a good update. My day has been ****, and I had to email Corey about the car but I did get a good response and some pics. I was told engine would be assembled soon and he was getting ready to start but for your enjoyment

The following 2 users liked this post by CurseDSM:
staywide8 (Mar 15, 2022), TimInselman (Apr 6, 2022)
Old Apr 1, 2022, 05:11 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well today has been a rough day for me. I have been stupid busy with my personal life being my mom passed away on valentines day and getting stuff done for the funeral and taking care of my father. Work has been extremely busy as well. But today I get this

So Mandi told called me today and said that it was built and will be ready to go in the car next week. Head was going on tonight and all the rest will be going on as well. I will keep you guys updated as I get them.
deylag (Apr 4, 2022), TimInselman (Apr 6, 2022)
Old Apr 4, 2022, 04:20 PM
EvoM Guru

I wouldn't call this an update, but I did go and order a aluminum drive shaft today. I ended up ordering from Englewood driveshafts. I like the fact that it uses the chrome molly in the front half of the driveshaft and the aluminum in the back half. Being your front part of your driveshaft takes the blunt end of the tq, having that upfront would seem to help with it not killing the aluminum off the launch. This wasn't planned it was in the moment thing I guess. And with the power I will make this will help with keeping my trans and t case in tact till I am able to get those done as well. I will take some pics when it arrives.
deylag (Apr 4, 2022), TimInselman (Apr 6, 2022)
Old Apr 18, 2022, 04:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well I just got conformation that my driveshaft will ship in the morning. I am excited to get it here and to take a look at it and to check it out. I haven't heard anything from the shop since April 1st. I am hoping that the engine is in the car by now. I know there is a lot to do with putting it back together but I am hopeful that it will be done soon.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey man,
Our condolences to you & your family, on the passing of your Mom & you definitely have a lot more patience than I do when it comes to dealing with shops. Wish you the best of luck the rest of the way.

Angel
The following users liked this post:
CurseDSM (Apr 19, 2022)
Old Apr 19, 2022, 04:48 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by EVO196
Hey man,
Our condolences to you & your family, on the passing of your Mom & you definitely have a lot more patience than I do when it comes to dealing with shops. Wish you the best of luck the rest of the way.

Angel
Angel, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. It has been a really rough time for my father and I but we are doing good to say the least. When your married to someone for 50 plus years its tough to just let it go ya know. It is still tough for me as I do shed tears even typing this to you. I think about her everyday in one way or another, sometimes in laughter sometimes in tears. Sometimes its hard at work cause I will just start crying for no reason. Honestly the car is the last thing on my mind the last few months and I know everyone can understand why. I was really close to my mom as I am to my dad so its been hell needless to say. Again it means the world to me that you though enough about my moms passing to pass condolences. I can't thank you enough being it just means so much to me.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 01:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well I have some good news as of yesterday. My driveshaft has shown up from Bill Englewood driveshafts. I am going to leave it in the box for now being once I get the car back it will be easier to move around till I can get it to my buddys with a lift to put it in. As for the car my housing I had coated, they said the compressor wheel does not spin with it on. They have to slowly remove some of the coating as it goes on. The other bad *** housing I got for it instead of that one doesn't fit being they sent it for the s369 lol. So I have a s372 cover going to the shop in replacement of that one. Now I am confused being the shop that rebuilt my turbo said they do not do the s371 anymore so did they upgrade the wheel for me and not tell me? That would be sweet if they did. Idk I will find out more possibly tomorrow.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I just saw that Slowmo only has one Tech at this time. hopefully they get your car done soon.
Old May 11, 2022, 02:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I just saw that Slowmo only has one Tech at this time. hopefully they get your car done soon.
One tech or not, the car has been there close to a year and a half.
Old May 11, 2022, 02:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
A local shop here had my buddys car from December 2020. He finally gets to go get it next week. would of had it in February but they used the old lifters and one seized so head had to get re-built and new cams order. Its crazy how long shops are taking to get stuff done these days.
Old May 11, 2022, 02:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah and I understand slowmotions problem, covid hit, it went through the shop, people don't wanna work being government keeps giving lazy people money to stay home and so on. I'm trying to be as patient as I can, and I know it will done and done right and I will be happy with it.

Quick Reply: Evo update