Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 10:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
Want to hear how you like the ACT Twin. What version did you go with?
Originally Posted by staywide8
Also interested in which one?
Why did you have to rebuild it so many times. I'm on about 4 years on my triple with 800 hp.
I went with the t2s-m01. Rebuilt it the first time due it needed to be changed cause it started to slip. Spent the cash on all 3 plates and both intermediates and pressure plate that goes below the purple cover.

Got it all together and I had to adjust it and as I did that I adjusted it to far and the center section of the clutch ate out all the splines in everything I just did. All within 10 seconds of starting. So I had to buy center section gear, all 3 discs, pressure plate, both intermediates and a new tob and a new cover being mine was pretty warn.

Drive the car for a few 100 and decided to put my ignition system in and car went to slowmotion and here I am yet again with everything toasted as you see above.
Old Aug 19, 2022, 08:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Well clutch arrived today. It has been super busy day for me being I went and picked up the Evo from my buddy's shop. He has had problems lately with people standing on his parts cars, trying to break in to them and vandalizing stuff so he said be a good idea to just come get it to be safe.

So car sits on the trailer full of parts. I have to go through what's there and see what is what. Stuff that has to go back to him will stay in the car, and stuff from slowmotion will go in the garage.
I will take some pics of the clutch tomorrow after the kids soccer game cause I know u guys wanna see it.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 12:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Well here is a start. I didn't bring any tools to take it apart lol
Old Aug 22, 2022, 04:08 PM
EvoM Guru

I took some pics that my buddies wanted. Basically just taking it apart piece by piece.

The following 2 users liked this post by CurseDSM:
staywide8 (Aug 22, 2022), TimInselman (Aug 23, 2022)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 04:16 PM
EvoM Guru

I also took the car to the car wash today and gave the engine bay a good spray out. It needs more of a cleaning but I only had 5 bucks in quarters lol. I did what I could and it looks a little better but there is alot of work to be done. They didn't put any of the mesh on the front of the fmic which I feel they could have left on. They cut my bumper as well and Idk but I think they could have done without but oh well can't change that now. With where my catch can is mounted they got lazy and didn't put my strut tower bar back on. Idk if they didn't have enough line to do what they wanted to, but it looks short. Strut tower bar will go on with the catch can in its spot. They took my power wire for my amp and put it in the back seat so now even when I get to drive it I have no music. Not happy about that being it was a ***** in itself to squeeze in there with the engine in the car.

With not having much time after work I didn't get much accomplished but tomorrow I will try to work on the dash. I need to set it up the way I want to first before I start to take cluster apart. I wanna convert to jdm hid lights but it looks like I will need a whole new harness being I do not have plugs for the fog lights. I know there are threads about it but I haven't had time to really read through them. Headlights are next really on the list. I can do those and remesh the front bumper cover so that maybe on the list of things to do tomorrow after work. I will have more updates as the week goes along.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 02:02 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
I feel so bad for you
Old Aug 23, 2022, 03:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by rustykan
I feel so bad for you
No need to feel bad man. This is why we are on this forum together. People I am sure will learn from my failures. Building a car like this from where I was isn't easy. Specially when you trust in a shop to do the right thing and they end up taking forever and not fixing what I sent it in for in the first place.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 03:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Well I was messing with my Ic-7 dash today trying to get everything I want. This is what I came up with. Sorry about the pic, its still sunny in the house and I couldn't get the reflections out.
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Aug 23, 2022)
Old Aug 23, 2022, 04:04 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm

Well I was messing with my Ic-7 dash today trying to get everything I want. This is what I came up with. Sorry about the pic, its still sunny in the house and I couldn't get the reflections out.
mine is still in the box. I just seen my buddy's in person and damn they look good in the 3d printed surround.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TimInselman
mine is still in the box. I just seen my buddy's in person and damn they look good in the 3d printed surround.
Yeah mine is too. I was going to go out and put it in the car and take a pic of that but I was having to much fun. That was the G version of what I am using for messages. The one I have for over rev says Shift YOU **** ! lol, low fuel says need fuel dumb ***, funny stuff like that. I just wish they had a way of putting the acd lights on like the AEM one can do. That would be bad ***.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 04:41 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Yeah mine is too. I was going to go out and put it in the car and take a pic of that but I was having to much fun. That was the G version of what I am using for messages. The one I have for over rev says Shift YOU **** ! lol, low fuel says need fuel dumb ***, funny stuff like that. I just wish they had a way of putting the acd lights on like the AEM one can do. That would be bad ***.
LMAO never thought about making messages like that.. yea not having the ACD lights is a downfall on the Haltech. hopefully they do a update and add a feature we can use to have them later on.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 05:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TimInselman
LMAO never thought about making messages like that.. yea not having the ACD lights is a downfall on the Haltech. hopefully they do a update and add a feature we can use to have them later on.
Specially when they can put them where it shows what gear your in. Do we really need to know what gear we are in?
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Aug 24, 2022)
Old Aug 24, 2022, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 142 Likes on 127 Posts
Getting a little Ferrari vibes with that yellow tach lol. Very nice!
Old Aug 24, 2022, 08:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by RobbieOh
Getting a little Ferrari vibes with that yellow tach lol. Very nice!
Thanks man, yeah I will change the background once I get it in the car. I'm not a fan of the yellow but we will see.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 07:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
keep up the good work buddy

Last edited by harry wilson; Aug 28, 2022 at 05:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo update