Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2021, 08:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by staywide8
Hahaha. Shes not changed. Do what they say, so if there's an issue, theyll stand behind it. When they tuned my car, they RECOMMENDED head oringing. I asked why, they didnt really explain it well, and I decided against it due to longevity of that head being used. Fast forward to after tune. Corey takes it out to test boost, and shoots a freeze plug out the front of the block. I ask them to fix it, since I hadnt taken the car. They told me it'd be a month or so before fix and it was due to not going with their choices. Just a head up!
I mean I get it but I don"t see the difference in a Gates belt to a HKS belt other then a 100 dollars difference in price. I mean I get it it's what the shop prefers and all but it's like come on ya know.
Old May 18, 2021, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Show me when a gates belt has failed then maybe i would understand.
Old May 18, 2021, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I havent seen that belt fail, but I have seen the pulley fail they dont want to use.
Old May 18, 2021, 03:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Well another little update that has nothing to do with the car but still an update. I was informed today that my injectors will not be sent out till 5/30. It is like wtf is up with Id lately.
Old May 18, 2021, 03:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Thats basically waht I had said to them. But I guess they have their reasons and I will do what they want me to do being this is their bread and butter so to speak. I trust in the shop, I trust in them guiding me to do the right things being thats what I am paying them for. I have no reason to doubt them in any way, being they have done nothing but treated me well and that goes along way with me.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 04:49 PM
EvoM Guru

Update

Well today I talked with Mandi and she had let me know that Manley has a 4 week wait as of today on the rods. She looked at Summit Racing and they say the 18th to ship. I am cutting this close being there is only 2 months left for the shootout. Idk what to do here. I can look for different rods, but I am not sure what to use for what they want to build. They said they bent Corrillo rods, haven't used K1, Callies, Weisco, Magnus, or Oliver. So with that said Idk if I wanna pay more money for different rods, or just wait out the 4 weeks. I don't know if I can stay positive if I wait till after the 4th of July. That doesn't give them much time to get the car built, tuned and delivered. Plus I do need time to drive the car to get use to it and the new power it has. I mean I can be comfortable with maybe a 100 extra hp but were talking 500 extra hp. Mandi said she is going to contact Manley again on monday and see if there is any change in deliver time. If there is, we may be looking for a new rod.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Did they just order the rods or was she just looking for an update and they told her 4 weeks?

Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Did they just order the rods or was she just looking for an update and they told her 4 weeks?
I ordered them late Jan, early Feb
Old Jun 5, 2021, 04:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Update

So I just got word today my injectors were sent out yesterday. They will be at the shop June 9th. So I told Mandi I would give her till Monday to see what is going on with Manley. If they give her the same answer I found the rods I need on believe it or not Amazon.. I thought about asking her if the 156mm would be fine and just go with a standard rod 2.2 but she said wait to see what we can get info on. So with all this said, we will see what she says about ordering off Amazon. Downside to all this is, they are 150 bucks more then what I paid through Slowmotion so I guess we will see.`
Old Jun 7, 2021, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

Does Amazon not price match?
Old Jun 7, 2021, 06:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 372 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Update

Well today I talked with Mandi and she had let me know that Manley has a 4 week wait as of today on the rods. She looked at Summit Racing and they say the 18th to ship. I am cutting this close being there is only 2 months left for the shootout. Idk what to do here. I can look for different rods, but I am not sure what to use for what they want to build. They said they bent Corrillo rods, haven't used K1, Callies, Weisco, Magnus, or Oliver. So with that said Idk if I wanna pay more money for different rods, or just wait out the 4 weeks. I don't know if I can stay positive if I wait till after the 4th of July. That doesn't give them much time to get the car built, tuned and delivered. Plus I do need time to drive the car to get use to it and the new power it has. I mean I can be comfortable with maybe a 100 extra hp but were talking 500 extra hp. Mandi said she is going to contact Manley again on monday and see if there is any change in deliver time. If there is, we may be looking for a new rod.
Backorders can be challenging to work thru. I'd prefer the Carillo for a well tuned car making 1000hp . Easier on the bearings and strong. If you are going beyond that a set of Aluminum rods and shorter service interval would be a good idea.

I'm running a set of carrillo's in each of my cars . 500/700lb ft with proper tuning. They make nice stuff.

Last edited by Abacus; Jun 7, 2021 at 08:37 AM.
The following users liked this post:
staywide8 (Jun 7, 2021)
Old Jun 7, 2021, 09:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Abacus
Backorders can be challenging to work thru. I'd prefer the Carillo for a well tuned car making 1000hp . Easier on the bearings and strong. If you are going beyond that a set of Aluminum rods and shorter service interval would be a good idea.

I'm running a set of carrillo's in each of my cars . 500/700lb ft with proper tuning. They make nice stuff.
I won't run aluminum rods in a street car. I had mentioned to them that I'd run corrillos but they said they had bad luck with them that they bent a set of them. I am open to using them being I know they make good stuff
Old Jun 7, 2021, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
I won't run aluminum rods in a street car. I had mentioned to them that I'd run corrillos but they said they had bad luck with them that they bent a set of them. I am open to using them being I know they make good stuff
They're not an aluminum rod. They are a super strong, lightweight rod good for 1000 plus. Its also Carrillo.
Old Jun 7, 2021, 10:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by staywide8
They're not an aluminum rod. They are a super strong, lightweight rod good for 1000 plus. Its also Carrillo.
Thanks for the correct spelling. I am aware they aren't an aluminum rod. I plainly said I would not run an aluminum rod on the street. Then I said I wouldn't go against the Carrillo rods, but the shop said they bent one and is hesitant upon using them again for their builds.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

I feel bad saying this but at this point i am annoyed for you!

Quick Reply: Evo update