Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 05:59 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
I feel bad saying this but at this point i am annoyed for you!
lol don't be annoyed for me it just happens. We got a hold of Manley and they said rods are being made and will go out shortly. How shortly idk but Summit racing said they will have them in hand by the 18th so it's sooner then later. It's just the unknown that bothers me ya know. I am waiting for them to get the car in the shop to take out the old motor so I can get stuff out for coatings and my turbo rebuilt.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 04:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Well I got an emil from Mandi today. She had told me a couple weeks ago rods should be coming in according to Manley. Email said as of 7/8 rods eta 8/17. Yeah 2 days before I leave for the shootout they are going to maybe send rods out. Wtf Manley. I also at the end of July she is leaving Slowmotion. I was quite sad being I talk with here every few days and I will be kinda sad lol. Thats all I have for now more to come when I get more info.
The following users liked this post:
turboboy1988 (Aug 10, 2021)
Old Aug 11, 2021, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Any updates? Have you talked to who ever is the new Mandi?
Old Aug 11, 2021, 02:42 PM
EvoM Guru

Any updates? Have you talked to who ever is the new Mandi?
Well the latest update I have was rods were suppose to be there July 30th and aren't. Corey told me (who is now answering the phones) tomorrow Thursday the 12th so who knows. Pistons are coated and I told him great that's done how about the head and valves? Cars not in the shop yet and I understand why.

Sorry I'm doing this from my phone being I do not have power. But he did say he will put the car on the list to go in so they can get the turbo, head, and whatever else out so when rods do arrive they can get **** done.
thepoint4life23 (Aug 12, 2021)
Old Aug 12, 2021, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 303 Likes on 238 Posts
What Manley rods do you need? I have a set of 2.2 H-tuff BNIB at home. # 15022R6-4
Old Aug 13, 2021, 06:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
What Manley rods do you need? I have a set of 2.2 H-tuff BNIB at home. # 15022R6-4
I don't have the part number off the top of my head but they are the 162mm.

Part# 14422R6-4
MAN-14422
MAN-14422R6-4

Last edited by CurseDSM; Aug 13, 2021 at 07:56 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 09:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well things are starting to move along. I ran into Corey at the shootout on Sunday and I was like who is this guy talking to me like he knows me lol. I was wearing a Slowmotion shirt and so was one of the kids and my girlfriend. I think one of the guys who I was talking to on Friday told him who I was. Anyways i had bought a drive shaft loop being I have a stock driveshaft and I don't want it to destroy the bottom of my car if it ever breaks. So i was walking along and he came up to me and just started talking lol. Anyways update is motor is out of the car, rods I am assuming showed up but with my gf there he knew to be secretive about it. The head and compressor cover will be sent out to Line2line this week for coatings. As of everything else he said about another 4 to 6 weeks for everything to be done and tuned. I have my fingers crossed that it will be sooner being summer is going to start to come to an end.
thepoint4life23 (Aug 24, 2021)
Old Sep 28, 2021, 04:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well it has been a while, but things are starting to progress. As this past friday my head, valves, and compressor housing are at line2line for coatings. I am going to guess my short block has been assembled and or in the process being Corey did say something about just waiting on stuff that went out. Turbo was also sent out and has arrived at Forced Inductions for inspections and or rebuild. Sorry for the long wait between updates but its the best I got for now. I was told coatings will be about 10 days round trip. Turbo like I said is at the shop and is going to be looked at and they will let me know what is wrong and fix it. Hopefully more updates coming soon. Again sorry for the wait.
osetsky (Sep 28, 2021)
Old Oct 2, 2021, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

What color are you coasting things?
Old Oct 2, 2021, 01:33 PM
EvoM Guru

What color are you coasting things?
It's thermocoat. I'm doing the valve faces, combustion chambers for heat protection. Being I am a flex fuel car 93 and a big turbo won't play nice so it's for protection really. It is the same coating as my piston tops it's a goldfish color.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 03:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

well things are progressing. today i got word that the turbo is done and being sent back to Slowmotion. I did get this pic of the shaft.

Oops, thankfully yeah its a little burnt, but they said its ok it will be fine but just not to heat it up like that to many times. They said it could be from not cooling down the turbo long enough. I said it has never seen boost why would it need to cool down? I think last time I drove it I heated up a wastegate line and the turbo had infinite boost although I did not boost the car that could be the reason this happened. Idk its on the way to the shop and thats all that matters. Just waiting on coatings and back to the shop head and stuff goes and on to final assembly.
thepoint4life23 (Oct 12, 2021)
Old Oct 18, 2021, 03:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well I just got the call today that my head, valves, and compressor cover are all coated. They were shipped out today (10/18) back to Slowmotion. Forced Indjuctions kinda threw me a curve ball though. They make a compressor cover that changes the a/r or the compressor housing from .51 to .81. For 200 bucks I may try it out. If I don't like it I have the stock compressor cover to put back on. If it does work like I hope it does I will have that coated and put back on my turbo. Starting to get excited.

Here is a link to basically what the cover is on a s369. I had mine upgraded to a s371 but they said it will work just a little tweeking.

https://shop.forcedinductions.com/fo...4-housing-copy
thepoint4life23 (Oct 19, 2021)
Old Oct 20, 2021, 03:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Another update:

Corey hasn't gotten the head yet but he said he would send me some pics being I wanted to see how the coatings looked. So, being head isn't at the shop yet I have a pic for you guys to check out.

So this is my compressor housing. Oem Borg compressor ar is .55 this one is .81. So yes it does flow a bit better. He said Mike from AWD motorsports (name from the past) put one of these on his s366 and made 50 more whp. So I am pretty excited. I will upload more pics when Corey sends them that way you guys can check out what my head looks like all coated up.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Good to see you making progress!
Old Dec 17, 2021, 04:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well it has been a while and I am not sure what is going on at the shop, being I don't know if they are short handed or what but I got these today. Not much of an update but some car **** for you guys. Head is done, block is being honed and should be put together today or at least thats what I was lead to believe but I know things can change. So with that said starting to move forward. I was hoping to get a shot of the pistons as well but she didn't send them or take them. But thats ok just get it done.

SoSoEVO (Jan 13, 2022)

Quick Reply: Evo update