Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2021, 09:27 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts
What is the matt coating in the chambers and the clear coating on the sealing face of the head?
Old Dec 18, 2021, 11:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by cdrinkh2o
What is the matt coating in the chambers and the clear coating on the sealing face of the head?
The head is freshly surfaced that's why it looks like a clear coat. There is no coatings on the head other then on the valve faces and combustion chambers. The coating is called ThermBar.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 07:13 AM
EvoM Guru

So I have been thinking about doing a Haltech ic7 for a few months now and I wanted to come up with a better solution then just having it mounted to my steering wheel and having my stock cluster behind it. I wasn't sure if the ic7 did all the functions that a stock cluster will do and it seems with the new updates it does. It now has features like turn signals, fuel level and things like that, that are needed in a street car. So with that said I was thinking about doing something like this. What do you guys think. This will allow me to not clutter up my dash with guages I don't need all in one spot.

Old Dec 21, 2021, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
So I have been thinking about doing a Haltech ic7 for a few months now and I wanted to come up with a better solution then just having it mounted to my steering wheel and having my stock cluster behind it. I wasn't sure if the ic7 did all the functions that a stock cluster will do and it seems with the new updates it does. It now has features like turn signals, fuel level and things like that, that are needed in a street car. So with that said I was thinking about doing something like this. What do you guys think. This will allow me to not clutter up my dash with guages I don't need all in one spot.

I wish I had you on Facebook. I have the dash installed in my 8 with everything working. I used the dash surround as well. Looks better than factory and works awesome.

Edit-added pics. Vid wont upload. Also, gauges ar now gone.

Last edited by staywide8; Dec 21, 2021 at 07:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Dec 22, 2021)
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Dude thats bad ***. Yeah I don't do social media at all.How much of a pita was it to get everything to work?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Dude thats bad ***. Yeah I don't do social media at all.How much of a pita was it to get everything to work?
I know most of the wiring setup-wouldnt be hard to duplicate. Still finessing the fuel sender. I'm close, just not perfect yet. You'll need a couple resistors too
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:36 AM
EvoM Guru

I don't see why it wont read off the stock wire coming from the sending unit itself. I have an aftermaket sending unit so I am sure they can tap onto that line and back to the ic7
Old Dec 21, 2021, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

I don't see why it wont read off the stock wire coming from the sending unit itself. I have an aftermaket sending unit so I am sure they can tap onto that line and back to the ic7
It does read off the sender. It's about knowing voltage levels to fuel levels
Old Dec 21, 2021, 09:21 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by staywide8
It does read off the sender. It's about knowing voltage levels to fuel levels
Oh ok that works looks like 240 ohm resister is needed.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Oh ok that works looks like 240 ohm resister is needed.
Buy the haltech fuel conditioner, wire it in and I should have voltages set to give you at that point.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 06:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Buy the haltech fuel conditioner, wire it in and I should have voltages set to give you at that point.
dude thats bad ***. That makes things so much easier. Yeah let me know what you find I am paying off some bills and i will see what i can pay for when its all said and done.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 09:32 AM
EvoM Guru

So I was talking to a MAP rep who has one of these in his car running a 2500 and he was telling me that you can run everything through the can stuff. He said he was going to make sure with the evo8 if how your doing it needs to be done that way or if the can stuff can work. I asked about the fuel conditioner and he said not needed that the Haltech uses the voltages in the ecu. Idk he said he has a buddy who works at Haltech and he is going to give him a call and tell me everything that needs to be done so I can confirm everything. Did you get your dash plastic from 3drs? I think they are the only ones who make a dash for the evo. If so how were they to work with?
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Dec 22, 2021)
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm going to be installing this setup into my 8 soon any tips on the wiring for blinkers and Fuel gauge etc.?

Edit: I should of read more of the post before posting.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:17 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I bought my surround from Mako Motorsports. it looks good but I'm not sure how it is for mounting as its not in my car yet. My buddy has a Aem Cd5 in his Integra with the Mako surround and it fits real nice..
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TimInselman
I'm going to be installing this setup into my 8 soon any tips on the wiring for blinkers and Fuel gauge etc.?

Edit: I should of read more of the post before posting.
Reading from Haltech it says you can use the can plug in your ecu if your running a standalone and it will read the fuel level stuff. I am waiting on a call back and a conformation from Haltech to verify. Blinkers are hard wired into the back of the Ic7

Quick Reply: Evo update