Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Evo update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 201 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TimInselman
I bought my surround from Mako Motorsports. it looks good but I'm not sure how it is for mounting as its not in my car yet. My buddy has a Aem Cd5 in his Integra with the Mako surround and it fits real nice..
Wish i would have found that eariler. The one I bought is from Australia. Yep didn't think to look on where it was from but it was almost double after exchanging U.S. to Aussy money. Oh well you live and learn I guess.
The following users liked this post:
TimInselman (Dec 22, 2021)
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mako is in Australia as well. I paid like 200ish for mine from them
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:52 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Sweet I am running a Elite 1500. I thought blinkers and fuel both had to go directly to it. wiring the fuel gauge to ECU is probably easier to do..
Old Dec 22, 2021, 01:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TimInselman
Mako is in Australia as well. I paid like 200ish for mine from them
I paid like 365 after everything with shipping
Old Dec 22, 2021, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by cursedsm
Reading from Haltech it says you can use the can plug in your ecu if your running a standalone and it will read the fuel level stuff. I am waiting on a call back and a conformation from Haltech to verify. Blinkers are hard wired into the back of the Ic7
It all needs wired in. A resistor that make the alternator charge, the blinkers, headlight indicator, parking brake and fuel level sender. The fuel conditioner expands the range of the fuel sender. It makes it easier to avoid big fluctuations in what the sender shows voltage wise. I also used the mako motorsports.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 04:49 PM
EvoM Guru

This is the video I was watching earlier about all of this

Old Dec 22, 2021, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

This is the video I was watching earlier about all of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDq31UVsq6E
On the Evo, everything I said is true. Remind me...I'll put together a wiring diagram
Old Dec 22, 2021, 05:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by staywide8
On the Evo, everything I said is true. Remind me...I'll put together a wiring diagram
Lol you been through it I'm not calling you a liar by any means. I appreciate all the info you have given to me about this. Knowledge about all this means alot to me being this is a big investment and anything or anyone who has been through it and their input means a ton to me.
Old Dec 28, 2021, 09:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well I went and bit the bullet. I ordered my IC-7 dash today. I was going to wait till after the new year but cc with 0% interest for 18 months is burning a hole in my pocket lol. I ordered that and a Vibrant 12695 catch can.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Any update when the motor will be done? You nearing the finish line.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 07:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by thepoint4life23
Any update when the motor will be done? You nearing the finish line.
I talked to Mandy the other day. It was odd being she called me but she said covid got the shop hard and they are really short handed at the moment. She said Corey is doing 4g blocks this week and said mine should be done this week or early next week she wasn't sure where in line mine was but she said in the next couple weeks.

They are going to complete the work I have paid for and give me the car back so I can break in the engine and then I can bring it back for dyno time. I am not really happy with that being it's hard enough to take time off work as it is to do so. They don't wanna touch the dash at this time being they are so behind and just want to get the car finished . That's the latest hopefully pics will come soon being the girl who takes them now will e back to work Monday.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

I talked to Mandy the other day. It was odd being she called me but she said covid got the shop hard and they are really short handed at the moment. She said Corey is doing 4g blocks this week and said mine should be done this week or early next week she wasn't sure where in line mine was but she said in the next couple weeks.

They are going to complete the work I have paid for and give me the car back so I can break in the engine and then I can bring it back for dyno time. I am not really happy with that being it's hard enough to take time off work as it is to do so. They don't wanna touch the dash at this time being they are so behind and just want to get the car finished . That's the latest hopefully pics will come soon being the girl who takes them now will e back to work Monday.
Why not just dyno once they put it together? They've done that to mine and countless others.
Old Dec 31, 2021, 04:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by staywide8
Why not just dyno once they put it together? They've done that to mine and countless others.
To answer that is they have more work then workers right now, they want me to put miles in the break in being the piston skirts need break in. That and the fact they have had it nearly a year and know I really would like to have the car back. So give the car back put whatever miles on it that it needs bring it back to tune it so they can finish other work that is backed up with the limited workers left. That is my guess and I get it, I really do it's nothing to get a car to come back in and give it a tune being it will already have a base tune on it.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 04:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Update:

Well over the weekend my ic-7 arrived along with my catch can that I just sent out to Slowmotion. I did ask them why they would want me to put break in miles on it when they can just drive it around the block and tune the car? Ic-7 is smaller then I thought. I havent heard on any type of shipping yet or no tracking for the dash plastic but I emailed the guy and said hey I know you said plastic is being painted and finished up but any update on tracking. I also told him I understand its only a few days after the holiday and all I was just looking for an eta so I can keep my eye out for it.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Dont see why they can just run the car do a quick test drive change the oil then tune it. From what i have been told the motor will seal with in the first few mintues. They can also do a quick break in on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Evo update