Notices
Riverside Mitsubishi - Riverside, CA [Visit Site]

Kick Ass MR Pricing!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yodaman
I highly recommend everyone stay away from this dealership. Spent the last couple of days trying to reach a deal with Frank. Apparently if you would like any car that they don't currently have (1 white with tech, 1 base red and 1 black with tech. Which may or may not be at the dealership I haven't seen them). If you would like any other color they will charge you $1500 to go get it, but it doesnt end there apparently they can't just get any car because if you want aero kit apparently according to them it is not POSSIBLE to get aero kit from the factory so you will have to pay for aero kit + labor to install it. Try talking numbers with Frank I think he believes 1+1 = 3. About 8 generations of numbers later I realized these guys are just a sham and they don't have many MRs to sell so they are just screwing with customers for the fun of it.

SCM I am ON MY WAY!
Originally Posted by yodaman
I would like to also add how unprofessional Frank was after I decided I had enough of his doubletalk. After the phone was hung up he called me back twice, once to tell me he wouldn't sell me a car and when I hung up again he called back to tell me to go f myself. You would think someone in a sales position would have a slightly more mature way of handling rejection.

Ben a.k.a "yodaman" was a very hard person to deal with from the get go. We gave him simple EVOM pricing and he could not handle it. We offered him 1 thousand dollars below invoice even though that sale ended the June 30th for the vehicles we have in stock. any other vehicles we would charge $500 over the invoice to get the vehicle.

Ben a.k.a "yodaman" wanted a fully loaded MR with the Tech package and the Aero kit package. We simply told him we didnt have the car and that we would locate it and get it for him, a few hours later we called him and let him know that the car can be obtained and that the car would be Rally Red Mr with the tech package with NO AERO KIT!. In order to have the aero kit it must be purchased and installed!!! (we would have to dealer trade to get the car)

We offered Ben a.ka. "yodaman" the following pricing;

Base MR (Rally Red)
$36,813.83 - invoice
- 1000.00 - 1 thousand below invoice (because its in stock)
$35,813.83 - total

Tech package MR (Rally Red)
$39,045.83 - invoice
+ 500.00 - to get the car
1999.00 - $1,499 + $500 labor and installation
$41,544.83 - total to get the car the way he wanted it!!!!!!!!!!

very simple very plain jane as well. up front about it and no haggle. because the car didnt come with the "AERO KIT PACKAGE" doesnt mean you have to yell scream, and curse at us. Were doing you a favor and saving you money anyway.

i'll be honest were really easy to work with, with simple pricing already set. also were just as human being as you are and can only take so much crap from some people. Yes we did tell Ben a.k.a "yodaman" to get lost, that we would not sell him a car because of his rudeness and arrogance. He also said we didnt know any ****, how does the customer know more than we do.

Ben just for the record i've been around 4g63's since 03, found the forums in 2005 and been selling Mitsubishi since 2004. its a slap in the face hearing that over the phone when you just joined the forums in March. keep in mind that there are no hard feelings between us and if you'd like you can call us and we can see what we can do.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

please call us for any pricing or vehicles and colors in stock that we have.

we get so busy with customers here that we rarely check the forums. so please call!!!!!!

thanks
Old Jul 4, 2008, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

The above is simply a lie, that is not the price they offered and if you think they will offer you those prices you are fooling yourself. The sales person here is so knowledgeable they want to charge you $1500 to go get the car and an additional $500 to install an option you are requesting to be on the car they go get. Oh I forgot the reason is because Frank says you cannot get any evo with the aero kit installed from the factory, it has to be installed at the dealership RIGHT, and you know oh so much more than I do. Any Evo customer knows more than these wannabes.

Stay away from these very typical car salesmen.

I'll be picking up my car from SCM on the 19th.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by veilsidefd3s87

Ben a.k.a "yodaman" wanted a fully loaded MR with the Tech package and the Aero kit package. We simply told him we didnt have the car and that we would locate it and get it for him, a few hours later we called him and let him know that the car can be obtained and that the car would be Rally Red Mr with the tech package with NO AERO KIT!. In order to have the aero kit it must be purchased and installed!!! (we would have to dealer trade to get the car)

When I spoke with Frank he insisted they would not be doing a dealer trade and that the reason it would cost $1500 was because they had to pull the car from corporate, that corporate just had them sitting on their lot and if a dealer wanted them they had to pay $1500 for it. When I called BS on this Frank absolutely insisted this was pure unadulterated truth. I don't have to be a member of any forum for 5 years to know a bad sales lie when I hear it.

i'll be honest were really easy to work with, with simple pricing already set. also were just as human being as you are and can only take so much crap from some people. Yes we did tell Ben a.k.a "yodaman" to get lost, that we would not sell him a car because of his rudeness and arrogance. He also said we didnt know any ****, how does the customer know more than we do.

Ben just for the record i've been around 4g63's since 03, found the forums in 2005 and been selling Mitsubishi since 2004. its a slap in the face hearing that over the phone when you just joined the forums in March. keep in mind that there are no hard feelings between us and if you'd like you can call us and we can see what we can do.
Just more contradictions here. "yes we did tell Ben to get lost" "Ben no hard feelings between us and if you'd like you can call us and we can see what we can do." . Anyone else notice the BS meter fly off its hinges and across the room? It's a slap in the face that a new Evo X customer has only been a member of the forums for 4 months? How long do you think someone should be a member of a forum before they are allowed to buy a car from you?

Just for the record the price that Riverside actually gave me was 42,500. The price alone is not a bad deal, what is a bad deal is when you ask the sales associate to explain how they arrived at that number and they are unable to do simple math over the phone and just make up excuses etc and when the numbers don't add up ask the customer "Why don't you just buy the car from Edmunds.com then? Since they have the pricing" That was a nice touch Frank, asking the customer why they don't buy from somewhere that doesn't sell cars to prove what point?

Seriously if anyone wants the real story on the dealership it is just too much to convey over a forum post, you have 3 options.

1. Pm me and I will give you my phone number and give you the true Hollywood Frank story.

2. Call Riverside and deal with crappy salespeople for 2 or 3 days before you get fed up with their doublespeak and give up any hope of trying to reach any sort of deal because you don't even want to see these bozos in person.

3. Call South Coast Mitsubishi, get an actual no-haggle no # BS deal and go pick up your beautiful new car skipping the agony of steps 1 or 2 (ok I am not that bad to talk to)
Old Jul 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

very simple very plain jane as well. up front about it and no haggle. because the car didnt come with the "AERO KIT PACKAGE" doesnt mean you have to yell scream, and curse at us. Were doing you a favor and saving you money anyway.
ROFL... up front... no haggle...

Does that include the $1500 "no haggle fee" to get it from the manufacturer?

LOL

Hey after I get my MR from you where should I get it serviced?

Cause you sure don't have the techs to work on an MR.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Exactly. I should probably also mention when I first called I talked with Havier. Who told me getting the car you want is the easiest part and we can absolutely give you the prices from online. He told me he would call me back within an hour or so because the guy who would be locating the car wasn't in yet. When I didn't get a call back 6 hours later I called and reach Havier again when I asked what happened he said well the deal changed and it would cost me $1500 to go get the car, when I asked to speak to the manager he gave me to good ole Frank. I spoke with Frank and he came up with the 42500 number which didn't seem to add up so I had asked him to do 42000 even since that was still $1000 over what I calculated to be $500 over invoice. I got no call back and so I called him the next day and he said " Yeah we got busy and the manager said no to your deal".

That is pretty much when the deal broke down because I wanted an explanation of how they were reaching the 42,500 number and no matter how hard they tried they couldn't add apples and apples to make pineapple burritos. So I think that frustrated them that a customer actually wanted an explanation of the total instead of just forking over a check. Maybe eventually this dealer will get a clue and hire some knowledgeable people who know it is not in their best interest to try to swindle every customer with a dime in their pocket.

Strange how there aren't any positive stories on here about how great your customer service is.... huh weird. (Don't try to do it at this point with a 0 post count new member Frank haha).

Last edited by yodaman; Jul 4, 2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Frank called yesterday to clear something up. He isn't charging $1500 to get a car they don't have, it just happens to cost $1500 more for a car they don't have Which obviously is a HUGE difference and he felt it necessary to call me to clear that up. That is also evidenced in Frank's post.

After we cleared all that crazy confusion up he asked if I could do him a favor. I feel like I really owe Frank a lot after the customer service he has provided to me so why would I not provide him any favor he requested, can't think of any reason. He requested I don't post on the forums anymore. Since Frank and I are best friends of course I agreed to this.

Now that Frank and I are best friends doing each other favors and all he then apologized to me, I told him that wasn't necessary and if he felt an apology was appropriate he should apologize to all of the previous customers he has swindled publicly and not just apologize to his best friend Ben who does favors for him. I don't see any posts here so I guess he didn't take my friendly advice.

Is my sarcasm at all transparent?
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

hmm, i guess its socal mitsu then.. lol

I dont know man, ive been waitting.. looking for the perfect dealer to go get my mr in december. The only dealer that ive found that has very good deals without the "hassle" of buying a new car is socal.. If riverside is seriously giving the MRs at that price then im sold. Anyways, anyone bought an MR yet from there? need some positive reviews lol.. so far nothing but bad
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I figured the same thing man . I am flying out to cali to buy the car and figured I would give riverside a chance cause there pricing looked so tempting. Sometimes what looks too good to be true is.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i live in LA, so Socal is pretty close to my house. Im just waitting to pay off my gixxer 600 before jumping on the evo wagon. Its going to be a long 5 months lol.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

That is about as long as I have been looking for a new car. 2 more weeks!

Cool dog in your avatar btw.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

I don't have a dog in this fight, but last time I bought an evo the dealer got it traded from a long ways away and I didn't pay them extra to do it. As far as myself and the dealer were concerned that is part of what the "destination charge" covers.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Here's and idea. If they have the MR you want in stock, then purchase from them. If not, then take it to south coast. Plain and simple and isn't $1,999.00 for the aero kit what it costs anyway. You should expect to pay full msrp if you would like to have things your way.
Old Jul 5, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

The numbers changed every time I called Riverside, I doubt you can call and get their advertised prices on any car in stock or not. And if they had a nice selection of cars sure I understand charging extra to get the car you want, but they have 3.
Old Aug 11, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

What are the restrictions on shipping a new car internationally?

Quick Reply: Kick Ass MR Pricing!!!