Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

My 280z.. Engine Swap... Smog Exempt

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2005, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 280z.. Engine Swap... Smog Exempt

After my dad yelling at me.. and threatening to cut me off, we made a deal that if he found me a new Lancer RalliArt 5 speed, i would sell.

Well.. I got the lancer ralliart, but 2 buyers both backed out for stupid reasons... SO NOW I NEED TO SELL.

I have pictures, taken at different stages of my restoration process, and other times. I just got the car back from a Shop where I spent $560 rewiring the whole car (yea.. well just about the whole car.. all rewired).

The Good:
-1975 280zx N/A Shell and Chassis
-1983 280zxT (turbo) engine.. fully built, under 60K
-F54/p90 turbo engine-
-turbo zxt internal regulated alternator and 240sx fusible link conversion.
-3" mandrel exhaust, borla muffler 4"
-81-3 Nissan NA trans 5spd
-240mm Exedy Heavy Duty Clutch
-280zxt R200 3.54 gears
-Factory turbo hoses replaced with silicon ones
-ss brake lines, brembo front rotors
-240sx rear disk brakes with ebrake
-KVR carbon fiber pads all around.
-Tokiko shocks and springs
-1" front sway bar
-Dynamat EVERYWHERE
-"JDM" 2-piece rims
-H4 conversion with relays
-No matter WHAT you do... No smog needed in CA :-)

LOTS of extra parts for the car... I even had to throw some unncessary parts away, but still have 2 boxes+ of just extra parts you can use.

The Bad:
still some wiring issues (speedo, and reverse lights.. headlight's lowbeams worked but today stopped, Will probably have this fixed this week however since the shop was supposed to fix it).

Rust. there is only surface rust on most part, however some parts (as u can see in pics) are rusted on doors, and fenders. I was going to replace the 2 doors, and 2 fenders.. but never had a chance to afford them.

I know some of you have seen the "ghetto" pics... but that has all been cleaned up for the most part... new wiring put everywhere.

Price: $4000, but very negotiable for a quicker sale, i put a LOT of time and effort into this car, and looking around the condition of this car is not bad at all, compared to some, and compared to some of the "stock" 280z's it is a bit cheaper, or around the same price.

So.. anyone interested?
I might be able to consider a trade... just let me know what you want to trade.

other minor thigns i cannot remember, but will mention EVERYTHING i can before any sale.. just e-mail me with more questions.

PS- PICS: http://www.royroy.tk I will put some new ones up sooon.