Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

UPDATE: 05 MR in CO FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UPDATE: 05 MR in CO FOR SALE

I updated the other post, but the title left a little to be desired as my MR is now for sale. I'm planning on an eBay/trader/who knows approach in the next few days, but before I do that I wanted to make sure that any evom members had a shot at it before the bidding started.

05 Evo MR, just rolled 4K miles today (7/23/05). Serviced at dealer (big shock as it's free.) HKS RS and Tanabe Ultra Medallion on car, and staying with car. Have a MR wheel waiting to be put on to replace the one that I scratched (minor scratch, but it might show how picky I am about my car), comes with car.

Unfortunately I'm moving to the mountains where the car would sit under much snow most of the winter and not be driven much. And the monthly is a bit excessive for what I need up there. The car is GREAT, nothing is wrong with the car...but I'd say something just might be wrong with me!!

For the car as stated, 31K. I also have some extra parts that can go, and the 31K does NOT include any shipping. I'd prefer to not ship it actually, but if that's what I need to do, it'll happen.

PM with any questions or for direct contact info. I have some pics in the other thread, and I'll try to get some in the next couple days that are completely up-to-date (but it's nothing different, well, except for the one scratched wheel.)

Thanks for any feedback or support on this sale.
-Tom

p.s. mods, you can delete the previous thread that had the *might be for sale* in the title
Old Jul 23, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: car is to be traded (oof, I hate it too) on Monday. If somebody wants it, it HAS to go for $31k or I don't benefit at all from selling it to an individual. I'm getting just under $30K for it on trade, and the taxes I'd pay if I bought the *new* (not new, but other) car amount to about 600 bucks (and the fact that I'd have to hastle with the title and all that for an individual sale.) If you want it for the 31K, I'd need serious intent (read in money in hand) by Monday (which I know isn't likely, but I'm tossing it out for anybody interested.)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

What will your newly traded vehicle be ?

... Don't want to have to break out with Homer Simpson.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

I don't wanna talk about the *new* vehicle. Makes me too sad...OK OK. I'm getting in a few year old Explorer. I need a 4x4 that I don't have a payment on, and I found one in great shape. It'll be a tough switch after the 03 Evo and the 05 MR, but I expect to drive about 2000-3000 miles a year, so it's worth it to not have a car payment (as I won't be able to afford one in a short while.)
Old Jul 24, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

selling your mr to get a 4x4...whats wrong with the awd.anyways good luck
Old Jul 24, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

It's not the AWD that's bad, especially with my winter tires. It's the 22K I owe on it that's bad...and that it will sit under a lot of snow for 5-6 months a year up there...and won't be able to get me down the *real* mountain roads in the summer...but it's mostly the payment/insurance/registration fees that I need to rid myself of. Anyway, I hate it too, but what can you do. I'm quitting a high-paying job, for..well..I dunno yet. A place in the mountains is all I know for sure so far.