Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.

Well, I am kind of tired of being broke. I have 3 kids and a wife and 4 vehicles. I love the Evo but it is a toy that I will never be able to finish/afford. The selling price is what I want. I a owe a little bit more as I bought it locally in Miami before I knew about the South Coast. So whatever, I eat a couple of grand and get out of a $600/month payment. The car has 9,XXX miles on it. It has had the oil changed 5 times already with Mobil 1 10W 30 and gnuine mitsubishi oil filters. The car has NEVER been raced and never went through the gears. It was dynoed at Central Florida Turbo when TTP did a tune on it and that is it. The mods on it are tasteful and not over the top. The car has been to a couple of shows but withough gullwing doors, didn't win anything. The pics are two months old so there has been some changes. The car is currently sponsored by written contract with AEM, DC Sports, and Seibon. Verbals are with Forge Motorsport Lujan Motorsports. I am not sure what the rollover deal is with the sponsorships but I will put the buyer in contact with the appropriate people.

The reasons for selling. Well, I am broke. I am trying to find a better paying job but we are remodelling our house, 3 kids, and I don't drive the car that often. I would love to keep it so if anyone wants to donate $10K to a decent guy, feel free to. I don't need to hear that South coast sells the MR for $32K. I don't need to hear that "modded cars are always raced" because it hasn't been. The car has been taken to Cocoa, Florida 3 times and then to work, then to Orlando twice. That is the reason for the miles and that is the only time the car saw driving. Local folks are encouraged to buy but all are welcomed. I won't reply to this thread as I am sure there will be SOMEONE with their $.02 about the car that could drive me over the edge. Instead, SERIOUS BUYERS...E-mail me at: kris_poff@bellsouth.net. For those wondering. I want $34K for the car. Considering the mods, and the vehicle, I think that it is pretty fair. Thanks in advance.

Kris

Mods:
Forge Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Forge Radiator Hose kit
Forge Intercooler piping kit
Forge RS BOV
Forge UNOS MBC
Forge billet power steering reservoir
AEM Short ram intake (Polished)
DC Sports titanium strut bar
DC Sports 3" turbo back exhaust
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Agency Power billet motormounts
HKS 280 Exhaust camshaft
Fidanza silver adjustable cam gear
ARP headstuds
Tanabe GF210 springs
JDM headlights
JDM Tail lights
Seibon carbon fiber hood
Team Dynamics Racing Pro Race 1.2 FQ400 wheels
UK Red mitsubish badge (rear)
UK Black evo 8 badge (Just says "Evolution" though)
10% window tint
Pioneer DEH-8500mp
Fresh from the powdercoater: Valve cover, radiator brackets, and Alternator shield

On Order: (Expected in a week or so)
RnR .50 trim turbo kit with thermal coated manifold
-.50 trim precision T3/T4 turbo
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-External dump
RnR FMIC
42nd Draft Design gauge solution
-3 gauge panel
-Stewart Warner Boost gauge (40 psi)
-Stewart Warner EGT gauge
-Stewart Warner Oil Temp gauge

The vinyl lettering is off of the car right now. The new badging on the trunk is on. These pictures like I said are about 2 months old. By the way....The car WILL NEED TUNED once the kit arrives. The cam just got installed and haven't even been ran yet as well.

Attached Thumbnails What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.-evo1.jpg   What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.-evo2.jpg   What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.-evo3.jpg   What the heck...FS: 06 GG Evo MR.-evo4.jpg  

Last edited by kr1s; Aug 5, 2006 at 07:50 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

nice ride man hope it sells
If i win the powerball tonight i will be picking it up this week man....
Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

LOL! If I win the Florida Lotto...I will be keeping it!

Depression has the best of me right now. I got turned down for a job...Feel crappy. I am broke...Feel crappy. (The wife says WE'RE not broke....But I don't have any Coach purses...I get PB&J sandwiches!)....So I am just BLAH...Someone take it from me.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

All,

I appreciate the PM's about wanting parts but I am not parting out ANY aspect of the car down to the smallest nut or bolt to the turbo kit. Thanks.

Kris
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
bump for a very nice car and a great guy.... Good luck with the sale.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice car. willing to part?
Old Aug 6, 2006, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

but u know, south coast mits is selling it for 32k. kidding, its a great considering all the things that are put into it. i hope someone takes it home from ya. i bet you hate to let it go. good luck
Old Aug 6, 2006, 02:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck, and i feel you. Sometimes it's a little hard knowing that your car is Bmw,acura, lexus money. And it is a luxury item. My gf is always biching about how i spend soo much one on my cars, but it's my passion, good thing i don't have a wife or kid, or else i might have to turn my passion to tuning moped's.

Last edited by mrbkkt1; Aug 6, 2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Does that price include the parts that are on order...if so I think that price is wayyyy more than fair..its a steal!
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Yes it does! I will install the parts...The buyer will just need a tune.

kris
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:02 PM

You were in the same boat as I was. But it seems like you shouldn't of modded a car and be expected to pay for it.

That's how I got into trouble. I'm sure if you sell most of your aftermarket parts, you can keep the car if you truly do love it , no?

To each their own, but you have quite a bit of mods for a brand new car, maybe that's the reason you can't afford it?

Goodluck, but I've seen the light but it was too late. Just trying to help you keep the evo.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 9xfaster
You were in the same boat as I was. But it seems like you shouldn't of modded a car and be expected to pay for it.

That's how I got into trouble. I'm sure if you sell most of your aftermarket parts, you can keep the car if you truly do love it , no?

To each their own, but you have quite a bit of mods for a brand new car, maybe that's the reason you can't afford it?

Goodluck, but I've seen the light but it was too late. Just trying to help you keep the evo.

Keep in mind that most of the mods were from sponsors. I had something that brought in a little extra money a month but it kind of fizzled out. Oh well...It's just one of those things.

kris
Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn Kr1s, take your medication and call me in the morning. You can do this. Just slow down on the mods. I will agree not to sell you anymore parts if it helps you keep your car.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Damn Kr1s, take your medication and call me in the morning. You can do this. Just slow down on the mods. I will agree not to sell you anymore parts if it helps you keep your car.

He he! I have just never been soooooo sh!tty than right now. in terms of work. The thing was, I had some income coming in while I was going to colloege. I ended up buying the Evo as I graduated and TOTALLY didn't take into account that my extra $1K/ month was disappearing! So I kind of made a purchase that I couldn't afford!

I mean, I am living...The kids are just in potato sack school outfits! It isn't TOO bad...I just don't have too much money to play around since I did a couple of "mods" to the car.

Oh well...such is life! I will ***** myself out...I am sure if I make $5 a pop, I can come up with a month's car payment in 5-7 months!

kris