Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Rare 2003 EVO VIII, Blue by You with Sunroof

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Rare 2003 EVO VIII, Blue by You with Sunroof

I'm sad to say I have to sell my rare excellent condition BBY EVO VIII with sunroof and factory HID, it has been a part of me for the last 3 years. Some background on me, I'm a professional adult with a B.S. and M.S. in Engineering. I'm also married and have never received a ticket with this car. The car has never been launched, drag raced, or enter in any timed competition event.

The engine has never been modified, the ECU has never been reflashed, and the boost has always been controlled by the stock ECU (Boost controller has never been installed). Oil has been changed every 2500-4000 miles with Mobil 1 10w-30 and an OEM Mitsubishi oil filter. The engine does not burn any oil, oil is checked everytime I refuel for gas. Car has 61XXX miles on it and the performance increases by the day. Timing belt was changed at 59000 miles by the Mitsubishi Dealership. I changed the spark plugs as well at this time with the OEM parts. Engine idles and runs very smooth. No check engine lights. Car is very reliable, I have taken it on several road trips exceeding 400 miles from Los Angeles to Phoenix and Sierra Mountains. In the city I get about 20-21 mpg and 25-26 on the highway. It is possible to get more than 300 miles per tank! Clutch was replaced at ~45000 miles with stock everything, no chatter!

The transmission does not make any abnormal noise and does not grind. 4th/5th gear synchros were replaced at around 30000 miles under warranty per the technical service bulletin about this problem. I have never had a problem since. Gear oil is replaced every ~10000 miles with Redline MT-90 75w-90 GL-4 synthetic gear oil. Whoever started the rumor that synthetic lubricants are bad for this tranny is full of crap. I'm a chemical engineer, feel free to ask me how oil is made. Transfer case and rear diff changed approximately the same time with the Mitsubishi Diaqueen gear oil. The drain plugs have never had any chunks or significant shavings, maybe a couple of specs.

Body is in excellent condition, please see the attached pictures. The car has a clear bra on the front bumper, hood and mirrors. The car is waxed about every other month, and washed weekly. Car is stored in a garage overnight and in a parking garage while I'm at work.

The car has the following modifications:

- *** rear poly urethane trailing arm bushings
- *** rear poly urethane toe control arm bushings
- *** Powerflex poly urethane engine mount
- *** Goodrich SS brake lines
- *** SS clutch line
- *** JIC Cat back Exhasut (Cat is still on the car)
- *** XM Radio, antenna is mounted inside the car at the edge of the back window. Barely visible, excellent reception.
- *** Brembo Slotted Rotors
- *** PWR Aluminum radiator
- *** Agency Power Intake
- *** Rare FQ400 rims with relatively new Michelin PS2 235/45/R17
- *** new OEM struts/shocks and springs (as the original ones were taken off at 500 miles and replaced with coilovers)
- *** Relatively new Ferodo DS2500 Brake pads (front/rear)

KBB is $21745
Selling for $19750 with the FQ400 rims and above parts. One of the best kept EVO's out there, come and see it!
2 DAYS LEFT ON EBAY!

Shipping is available.

If you have any questions please call me at 310-717-5925. I have more pics and can provide references on the condition of the car. Some of the below pics are from a photoshoot in which the car was used for and advertisement.

Please be fair to my post by not posting your opinion on the price of the car.

Thanks

Josh

Last edited by evoracerx; Jan 31, 2007 at 03:10 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Nice BBY...I guess mine is rare too!
Old Dec 15, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

One more pic of the coilovers. The car is set up with a ride height of 355mm F 330 mm R fendor to wheel center distance. -35mmF, -25mmR from stock. Spring rates are 10kg F, 8 KgR. Setting 12 and 11 are very comfortable on the street, use setting 5, 6 on the track. Toe is set to zero F and R. R camber = -1, F camber = -1.2. Spent 3 years and way too much of my time and research to come up with these settings. Car is very neutral.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Rare 2003 EVO VIII, Blue by You with Sunroof-dsc00041.jpg  
Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
May I ask why you consider this rare?
Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blue by ray
May I ask why you consider this rare?
I think they made LESS BBY then the other colors. That is my guess.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

Ok last off topic post...so then my BBY is rare especially since it has less miles??
Old Dec 15, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Ok last off topic post...so then my BBY is rare especially since it has less miles??
Maybe rare because it wasn't abused like most of them are.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

Please keep on topic, but to answer your questions, BBY was only available from 03 to 04. Go to your local meet and you will see maybe 1 if your lucky. Mine also has a factory sunroof and HID's with out the expensive SSL package. It's also got a bunch of rare goddies in it and isn't abused.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoracerx
Please keep on topic, but to answer your questions, BBY was only available from 03 to 04. Go to your local meet and you will see maybe 1 if your lucky. Mine also has a factory sunroof and HID's with out the expensive SSL package. It's also got a bunch of rare goddies in it and isn't abused.
Once again I apologize for the off topic posts that I made but I was just trying to understand your rationale. To my understanding the 03-04 only came with sunroof and HID's GSR (unless you bought the RS) and I agree there aren't many BBY's.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Once again I apologize for the off topic posts that I made but I was just trying to understand your rationale. To my understanding the 03-04 only came with sunroof and HID's GSR (unless you bought the RS) and I agree there aren't many BBY's.
My car is an 04 built in May of 04 actually and I have no sunroof and HIDs. I dont have the SSL. 03 u could get the sunroof optional and HIDs were standard and no RS. 04 came the RS and the, GSRs all came HIDs(my car) then there was the Sun Sound Leather package GSR. Then 05 all the above with the MR added. IXs dont have standard HIDs with mostly different interiors besides obvious cosmetic changes to make an IX.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

My '03 BBY has NO sunroof........
Old Dec 16, 2006, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Nice car.....free bump....i really wish i could afford that suspension.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

this is a california car? guessing by the area code?

any more pictures you could send to boostedboxer@yahoo.com ?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Please check pm.

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 2006, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Yes, I live in southern California

Quick Reply: FS: Rare 2003 EVO VIII, Blue by You with Sunroof