Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2003 Dakota R/T Club Cab

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Dakota R/T Club Cab

I'm posting to put my 2003 Dakota R/T Club Cab up for sale. I realize I have basically no other posts at this site, so I can provide references to other sites I've been more active at, which include selling other high priced vehicles.

Asking Price: $10,700 or best offer. No Trades

In any event, here's the deal with my truck.

Year: 2003
Make: Dodge
Model: Dakota R/T Club Cab (5.9L)
Mileage: Approximately 57,500 as of 1/10/08

The Bad: The motor has been completely replaced. (It was replaced with a motor from a wrecked R/T) There is a long enough story and I will document that below this post. The Service Engine light is on, throwing a P0422 code. I was told this has to do with the cat's, and with the engine problems it likely overheated them. The tailgate also has a small-ish bump/dent on the top, a result from my motorcycle slipping off the ramps and landing on the gate when I was loading it. There is also a small dent on the passengers side door. The front and rear tires are mis-matched, due to Kumho no longer making the tires that were on it.

The Good: When the motor was replaced, and before it was put into the truck, it received a new Radiator, Water Pump, Thermostat, and Timing Belt. The rear tires are brand new as of 1/17/08. The front tires have approximately 80-85% tread. An alignment was done when the tires were put on.

Pictures:

Picture of the Tailgate "Dent/Bump"

The Story:
Believe it or not, I am actually the original owner of this truck. Sometime in late 2004, I 'sold' it to my step-brother because he was hard-up, I wasn't really driving it, and wanted to help him out. For almost 2 years he paid me consistently each month (he was supposed to cover my payment each month, etc.) and we didn't have a problem. Consequently, he lost his job and the problems began. Long story short, he get mixed back up in drugs, stopped paying me and here we are. When I picked it up (August, 2007), the motor was pretty much dead. I was told it overheated for quite a while, passed the point of mechanical failure. I brought it to Dodge, and they politely told me it would have been covered, but because it was overheated and apparently driven while that occured (negligence), they couldn't be liable. Frankly, I wasn't in a position to argue because I wasn't driving and couldn't state for sure what actually happened. I brought it to the shop which ultimately said they could try to replace the head gaskets and check for other damage, but it's possible the block may have cracked, etc. I am no gear-head, so they recommended finding a replacement motor and putting that in. (Done and done.) The motor was replaced on 8/27/07, and has been running good and strong since then.

I have the receipts for the motor replacement, the water pump, radiator, thermostat and belt. I also have the receipt for the new tires and alignment, including its current specs.

Answers to Some Questions:
1. Why am I selling? -- I'd like to purchase the new Evolution X. I've had a few in the past, and want another. I can wait to sell this before I get on though.
2. Why put so much into it just to sell it? -- Because I am driving this regularly until I do sell it. Regardless of the condition it was in when I received it, I try to keep my cars running strong and in good mechanical order.
3. Why mis-matched tires? -- Because the tires that were on the truck when I got it back are no longer made by Kumho. Two had plenty of tread left and I couldn't justify spending another $450 to replace them when they were good.

I can be reached here via posts, PM's or you can email me. (sneakychaos@gmail.com) The truck can be seen at any time, I live around Wilmington, DE. and work close to Painters Crossing, in PA. (20-25 minutes from Philly)