Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

F/A: (NE) 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool F/A: (NE) 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Here's a very clean 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX in Kalapana Black with 127,500 miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=130211881168

Here are the details...

This turbocharged, all-wheel drive (AWD) Eclipse was the first delivered to the region and has had only one owner. It has faithfully served as a daily driver since it was new. As you would expect of a car that was driven, it is not perfect, but it has been fastidiously maintained and has no drivability issues. The paint is in excellent condition for the car's age, and there is no rust on the body. The boost was never turned up on this car. It's getting harder and harder to find a 1G GSX in this unmolested condition.

The timing belt, balance shaft belt, water pump, and idler pulley were just replaced. Over the past 18 months new front brake pads and rotors, front drive axles, valve seals, valve springs, titanium retainers, no-tick lifters, battery, and headlight bulbs were installed. All drivetrain fluids have been recently changed as well. Here are some of the more recent service records.

The modifications are minimal and include a 3" Thermal R&D exhaust, custom 3" downpipe, free-flowing catalytic converter, ported and ceramic-coated 2G exhaust manifold, K&N intake air filter, Taylor ThunderVolt spark plug wires, and custom countersunk VDO Vision 6-gauge array. The gauges are boost, oil pressure, EGT, water temp, volts, and a clock. There are also Sparco Monza racing seats installed on custom seat brackets. The rest of the interior including the headliner has been reupholstered with actual Sparco fabric to match the racing seats. A Momo Millenium steering wheel, Redline Goods leather shift-boot and handbrake-boot, and a Kartboy aluminum shift-knob complete the look. At night the VDO gauge lighting matches the amber color of the factory instrumentation. The suspension remains stock and the wheels are 17" Konig Holes with Pirelli P7000 Supersport (225/40ZR17) tires. The front bumper, foglamps, and hood are covered with VentureShield clear protection film.

The custom car audio system was designed for sound quality. A Sony Mobile ES CDX-C90 headunit is installed in the glovebox. The CDX-C90 was the flagship of Sony's Mobile ES line and boasted such audiophile features as a copper chassis, quad 20-bit Burr-Brown D/A converters, and no internal amplification. The headunit feeds into a Sony XDP-4000X programmable digital pre-amplifier installed in a custom enclosure in the trunk. A Tributaries TOSLINK fiber-optic cable is used to connect the two units. There's also a Sony XA-300 auxillary input adapter installed in the armrest with RCA and USB inputs that allow you to play music from your iPod or laptop. The auxillary adapter is connected to the headunit using a Sony UniLink cable. The stereo is easily controlled from the transmission console using a Sony RM-X90 rotary remote. A Sony RM-X9 handheld remote is also included. A rocker-switch on the transmission console raises and lowers the glovebox. Speakers include MB Quart Premium 6.5" 3-way components with external crossover in front, MB Quart Discus 6x9" co-axials in rear, and a Treo SS 12" subwoofer in the trunk. These are powered by an MTX Audio Thunder6304 4-Channel amplifier and an MTX Audio Thunder6500D Class-D mono-block amplifier. Supplementary power is provided by an AudioForce 12V mini-battery. Everything is connected with Stinger wiring. There are also Dakota Digital gauges installed to keep track of amplifier temps and battery voltage.

If you're interested, bid or contact the dealer with an offer. Please don't make me offers. Unfortunately, I'm so busy this month at work that I couldn't handle the sale personally, but I will try to answer your questions.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by speedomodel; Apr 7, 2008 at 06:23 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bump for a good seller.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

fuggin sick!! i wish this car was closer.... ive been eyeing this one for a while now... waiting for you to sell it... its so clean!! DO WANT... lol

how much $$$ are you asking? seriously... this is probably the cleanest 1g ive ever seen....
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DSMorBUST
fuggin sick!! i wish this car was closer.... ive been eyeing this one for a while now... waiting for you to sell it... its so clean!! DO WANT... lol
Thanks, man. PM'd ya. It'll be a sad day when it drives away.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for a one of the nicest 1Gs you'll ever see.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by speedomodel
Thanks, man. PM'd ya. It'll be a sad day when it drives away.
ugh... tell me about.. i made the mistake of selling my first one, early 92' TSi AWD to a kid that was apparently a moron.

i remember when he left my driveway, he stalled-out... i shouldve known it was a sign of things to come.. as it so happend, later that night... i get a call from the NJ STATE POLICE.. asking me if my car was stolen or if I really sold it to this kid... I was pissed!!

then, as fate would have it.. a few months later.. the car was for sale again.. the kid got so many tickets.. lost his license.. and his parents made him sell it..

anyways... BUMP for a super clean 1g DSM.... someone is going to be LUCKY.. i hope they take good care of it.. like i said before.. if this was on the east coast.. id be all over this!

Last edited by DSMorBUST; Apr 7, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

That story is exactly what I hope doesn't happen.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

good luck on the sale.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

James you are good people and I know how meticulous you are with your cars. Good luck with the sale. I wish I had room in my stable.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys.

Here are some more shots from the past.

Old Apr 12, 2008, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Old Apr 12, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

I have always wanted a GSX for a DD, this one is prolly out of my price range since its so clean, good luck with the sale!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

ttt.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

it really would help if you posted an asking price. I'm in the market for a fun daily driver to get me around for a year until I buy a GTR. I'm not even willing to make an offer until I know what you want to get out of the vehicle. Just my $.02.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn that thing is clean.

Quick Reply: F/A: (NE) 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX