Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS (TX): 2003 Well-Modified Evo, 34.4K miles, $22K

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 04:20 PM
ez
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOLD - FS (TX): 2003 Well-Modified Evo, 34.4K miles, $22K

** SOLD **

Images and details here:

http://ntexasevos.org/ethansevo

Thanks!

Last edited by ez; Jul 21, 2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old May 17, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

I know there's ppl that are gonna be to lazy to click the link and i thought it wa s since lookin car so here:

34,400 miles
$22,000
ethan@ntexasevos.org
Dallas, TX
General

Always garage kept
Always adult owned
Never abused
Meticulously maintained at early intervals - plugs, oil, etc.
Almost all parts receipts included
Over $15,000 in parts alone
Corbeau racing seat and Zeitronix system NOT included in sale
OEM Recaro driver's seat included with Schroth DOT legal 4-point harnesses installed
OEM seatbelts retained and fully operational
Top quality, heavy duty fluids in brake system, engine, gearbox, transfer case, and differential
This is a special car. As an engineer, former race shop owner, and president of the North Texas Evo club, I take real pride in the work put into this car. Although there are a lot of bolt-ons, this car is more than that. This car has never seen a shop as all the work was methodically performed by myself and the previous owner. There are a few really nice custom fabricated parts installed - most of which I machined myself.

The modifications on this car were selected not because of popularity, but because they work well together and were not overpriced. The car is in great condition, but it is NOT intended to be a show car. The car has signs of use, rock chips, little scrapes, etc. It was built and modified to be driven. The car accelerates and corners very well even in street trim. And there have never been any wrecks or accidents of any kind.

The engine was rebuilt at 5,000 miles with bulletproof parts (pics / receipts included) in anticipation of a much larger turbo setup. The Revolver cams are nearly impossible to find these days. This car has tons of potential beyond the little White Rabbit currently installed. And you just have to hear the car loping at idle...it turns just about everyone's head and people tend to gather around.

The interior is nice, but there were also modifications to the driver side floor pan and carpet to accommodate the racing seat and mounts. I have sealed the holes with sealant and welded the factory floor pan seat risers back into place and reinstalled the OEM seat. Consequently, the carpet has a few small sections missing under the set and by the bottom door threshold. Also the rear inner fender lips were carefully trimmed to accommodate the larger wheels and tires without wrinkling the paint by stretching the fenders.

The car has also been very reliable in performance trim. Last summer, I led NTEC up to a 14 plus hour road trip to drive the twisty mountain roads of the Arkansas Talimena Skyway Run. There were a couple of guys with minor mechanical issues, but this car was not one of them!

The car will be fine to drive indefinitely, but there are a few improvements it is ready for. With the power it makes, the OEM clutch may become an issue in the future. The car could use an aftermarket intercooler as well to compliment the White Rabbit turbo. Braided stainless brake lines for the rear would be recommended at some point.

The car legally passed state inspection last fall without "help". However, the catalytic converter is hollowed out. The car also needs some further tuning and preferably an aftermarket engine management system. It's running in forced open loop mode right now due to the aggressive Revolver cams installed. Since the engine is ready for a huge turbo in the future, aftermarket EMS would be the logical next step anyway. The Walbro 255 fuel pump failed, so the OEM pump is back in it for now. I check the fuel pressure gauge often - you'll want to install another high volume pump soon.

Feel free to contact me with serious inquiries.

Details

Engine:
2.0L, Wiseco forged racing pistons w/ SwainTech Gold coating (ceramic top) and SwainTech PC-9 skirt coating, Eagle H-Beam forged rods, SwainTech PC-9 coated rod bearings, JET-HOT coated oil pan, turbo oil return, and heat shield, custom fabricated 6063 al oil pressure sender mount, Mobil One 10w-30 oil, 42Draft Designs aluminum coolant temp sender housing / adaptor, OEM coolant temp sender retained so you can see coolant temps before and after the thermostat, ARP stainless oil pan bolts

Head:
R.A.W. Racing ported and polished head (stage 4), Ferrea 1mm oversize stainless valves, Revolver 262/264 cams, Revolver springs and retainers, ARP Head Studs, Cometic MPLS Headgasket, ARP stainless intake and exhaust studs

Fuel:
Perrin fuel rail, Precision 680cc injectors, Aeromotive 1300 series fuel pressure regulator, Aeroquip pushlock return lines, custom fabricated 6063 al fuel pressure sender mount

Intake:
Buschur Racing ported intake manifold and 65mm throttle body, Golden Eagle vacuum manifold, Buschur Racing upper IC piping, 1G crushed diverter valve, Buschur Racing lower IC pipe, Buschur Racing induction pipe w/ open element filter

Exhaust / Turbo:
Forced Performance White Rabbit turbo with HD actuator, Alamo Autosports stainless tubular exhaust manifold, Tubular O2 housing, Rhys Millen Racing 3" downpipe, 3" hollowed out 3" Catco converter, AMS 3" catback exhaust

Driveline:
Perrin adjustable short shifter, OEM shift knob, Aluminum shifter mount and brass cable bushings, Stainless clutch line, Buschur Racing 90 durometer front and rear (rear included not installed) engine mount bushings, Redline Heavy Shockproof, MT-90, and 75w-90 fluids

Chassis / Suspension / Brakes:
Megan Racing Track Series coilovers w/custom spring rates - 700lb/672lb (12.5K/12K) F H&R, R Megan springs, 5mm H&R hub-centric spacers and H&R extended studs up front, Cusco Rear Carbon Fiber upper strut tower brace, RMR front lower K brace, Whiteline front roll center kit (included not installed), Goodridge front braided stainless brake lines, Motul RBF600 fluid, ceramic street / Raybestos ST41, ST43 F/R (track only) racing pads.

Wheels / Tires:
Racing Sparco NS-6 Cheetah 18x9.5 wheels, almost new Kumho MX 275/35R18 tires F/R

Electronics:
HKS EVC V electronic boost controller, HKS Type 1 turbo timer, ECUFlash tuning software/OEM ECU, KnockLink, Battery relocated to trunk, Custom CNC'ed aluminum battery tray, brand new Optima Red Top 34/78 1,000CA / 900CCA battery, full engine grounding kit

Interior:
Custom fabricated 6061 Aluminum throttle and brake pedals, Pioneer speakers, Custom KnockLink display, custom HKS EVC V setup, custom Stewart Warner silver face / red backlit fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, and coolant temp gauge setup on the dash, 2" Schroth DOT legal 4-point harnesses, OEM seatbelts retained and fully functional

Exterior:
De-badged rear end, S2000 short antenna

WHP / WTQ:
313WHP / 318 WTQ on Mustang Dyno at Precision Dyno Tuning - @24psi, Before the turbo upgrade (stock turbo). Built solid and ready for tons of power from a larger turbo setup.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Ethan, not sure if you remember me but you gave me a ride in that sweet evo once (outside MSR)... nice ride - sorry to see it go! wut are you planning as a replacement? "X" by any chance?
Old May 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
ez
Evolving Member

I do remember you...thanks. It's been replaced with a Corvette for about 8 months. It's a sweet car and I will miss it for sure...

Originally Posted by raf_EVO
Ethan, not sure if you remember me but you gave me a ride in that sweet evo once (outside MSR)... nice ride - sorry to see it go! wut are you planning as a replacement? "X" by any chance?
Old Jun 4, 2008, 12:47 PM
ez
Evolving Member

Bump
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
ez
Evolving Member

Bump