Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB::fully built 05' evo 8 or 9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by simons3z
certified inspection and dealership certified inspection\check
haha sorry but then its Warranty is Voided Sorry thats what happens to all Evos with anything not stock on them But yes they may be able to tell you that it is running good and all, but be prepared for Clutches since Evos are know for those and getting probably a good tune Right off the bat soon... Both of My Evos got New clutched since I bought them and with in a few months of me buying both of them too and my Newer one has been eating up gas like crazy with its power thats what you get with a 35R lol 15 mpg Daily Driven GL with your car man you will find one that has been taken care of a 03 or 04 would be easier tho, but give it a little time and you could find a good 05 or 06.. If I where you I would look for a Stock one if your ready and willing to drop 4k off the bat when you get it.. Just my suggestion since I have owned and stil do own a few Evos
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
haha sorry but then its Warranty is Voided Sorry thats what happens to all Evos with anything not stock on them But yes they may be able to tell you that it is running good and all, but be prepared for Clutches since Evos are know for those and getting probably a good tune Right off the bat soon... Both of My Evos got New clutched since I bought them and with in a few months of me buying both of them too and my Newer one has been eating up gas like crazy with its power thats what you get with a 35R lol 15 mpg Daily Driven GL with your car man you will find one that has been taken care of a 03 or 04 would be easier tho, but give it a little time and you could find a good 05 or 06.. If I where you I would look for a Stock one if your ready and willing to drop 4k off the bat when you get it.. Just my suggestion since I have owned and stil do own a few Evos
idc about the warrenty not sure if you have worked at a dealership, they can do such checks and look overs. also there is a site primarily for a certified inspection like 250 point. so you can prevent alot of things, but i understand yes the clutches\tranny cases on these things are ridiculous.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

you want to buy a fully built evo 8 for under 20k? It takes well over 20k just to build a reliable fast evo
Old Jan 23, 2009, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by apeximprt2nr
you want to buy a fully built evo 8 for under 20k? It takes well over 20k just to build a reliable fast evo
Yeah, he never said anything about reliable man. Like I said before, he'll find one Also, I can understand how this is sort of an insult to most of us who have dropped loads of money into our cars, but I guess we really cant take this personally. You dont really know what its about until you pick one up bone stock and then throw $15k into it and STILL not be done!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGG
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IDRNKV8
Yeah, he never said anything about reliable man. Like I said before, he'll find one Also, I can understand how this is sort of an insult to most of us who have dropped loads of money into our cars, but I guess we really cant take this personally. You dont really know what its about until you pick one up bone stock and then throw $15k into it and STILL not be done!!!! AAAAARRRRGGGGG
i'm looking to spend 3-5k over blue book. i understand about just throwing money and being wasted. but thats what happens. when you mod something you'll loose money in the end, its just how it works.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

OP like boys imo
Old Jan 23, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

It's not throwing money away if your doing something you love and have a passion for and alot of people on here dont care about taking the time and properly modifying a car. What exactly do you want out of a car fully built by someone else for 20k...it will be a piece of **** I dont know why you would even want something like that.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

come on guys...stop bashing him its not his fault hes a moron, he does drive a srt-4 so its not his fault he has no idea what it takes to have a "built" evo. as for trying to get a built 8 for under 20k you need to get slapped. I suggest you try ebay and get your self a evo for under 20k that is built and then has a ton of problems causing you to spend more money to fix everything. Goodluck with finding that till then do you best to blow your dodge skittle up.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1evo2h8
come on guys...stop bashing him its not his fault hes a moron, he does drive a srt-4 so its not his fault he has no idea what it takes to have a "built" evo. as for trying to get a built 8 for under 20k you need to get slapped. I suggest you try ebay and get your self a evo for under 20k that is built and then has a ton of problems causing you to spend more money to fix everything. Goodluck with finding that till then do you best to blow your dodge skittle up.
Haha....I love it!
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Take it EZ guys.

Heres one (but its not 20K):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...9-sale-wi.html
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LDOGGYDIZZLE
Take it EZ guys.

Heres one (but its not 20K):

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...9-sale-wi.html
Beautiful car man, but he did say fully built and you have a stock motor...hence me reasoning and your also asking 10k lol..
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
why is everyone giving this guy a a hard time? Have you seen what these heavily modded cars are going for price wise? It's a total buyer's market and the OP knows it. It's not disrespectful, i am sure there's a few guys who saw his post and were immediately PMing him about cars for sale in his price range and were happy to do so.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Ive seen evo' s with fully built motors and such go for 23-25k.

Everyone has their own opinion on fully built, I assume your also looking for chassis upgrades aslo? (rollbar/fullcage/coils/brakes many more to list)

Are you looking for just a fully built motor with some chassis upgrades or the whole 9 yards?

I think thats the reason why everyone is giving you a hard time, they think you're asking for a Time attack ready car.

20k for a high mileage viii with a fresh built motor and a nice turbo would be in the lower side, but maybe not.

I think the newbies should take it easy with the words.

Last edited by CAD EVO; Jan 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

theres a stroker with a gt40 03 going for 18 in wisconsin...name is hlm or something. GL
Old Jan 23, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

thanks guys and im not looking for a time attack car....if i was then i'd be looking to spend 40k i just mainly looking for engine mods, i can do the suspension.