Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB::fully built 05' evo 8 or 9

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

WTB::fully built 05' evo 8 or 9

looking to buy a fully built 05' evo 8 or a evo 9.
evo 8-under 20k
evo 9- will move on price depending on whats done\mileage. PM me info of your car\pictures. thanks
Jay
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Hey where you locate in Wisconsin. I might be sellin my evo if i get the right price. It an IX with Gt 35r 11k miles right now and siting in the garage for the winter.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by simons3z
looking to buy a fully built 05' evo 8 or a evo 9.
evo 8-under 20k
evo 9- will move on price depending on whats done\mileage. PM me info of your car\pictures. thanks
Jay

good luck brother. I think that is a low ball for those people who spent thousands and thousands of there hard earned money to be sold at a "give me away" price. If you get lucky finding one, it would be beat on hard with high mileage. I also dont think pricing an evo 8 cheaper than a ix any different is right. its the same vehicle, you have to decide if you want mivec and misc things or not. when you are modifying them it doesnt make a difference.

good luck bud
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by veilsidefd3s87
good luck brother. I think that is a low ball for those people who spent thousands and thousands of there hard earned money to be sold at a "give me away" price. If you get lucky finding one, it would be beat on hard with high mileage. I also dont think pricing an evo 8 cheaper than a ix any different is right. its the same vehicle, you have to decide if you want mivec and misc things or not. when you are modifying them it doesnt make a difference.

good luck bud
i understand its the same vehicle, but i'm also looking at blue book value, its almost a 3-7k difference from a 03 to a 05 or 06.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

You EATING DODO. You better get your money up man. Fully build for under 20k, something is wrong with it if they are selling it.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gsr0801
You EATING DODO. You better get your money up man. Fully build for under 20k, something is wrong with it if they are selling it.
i understand that, but it doesn't have to be COMPLETELY built, it can be a majority. and yes i understand thats not very much, but the truth hurts, and mods deface the value of a vehicle. Yes the market hurts, yes i have cash once the right vehicle comes along. It will and there is one out there....just have to find it.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

i understand its the same vehicle, but i'm also looking at blue book value, its almost a 3-7k difference from a 03 to a 05 or 06.

I understand, but what I was basing my opinion on was what the title said. you are looking for an '05 evo 8 or a 9 which would be 2006. Of course the kbb value of a 03 is totally different from a 05 or a evo 9. But if you have ever bought a modified vehicle before and appreciate the art in having such a high in demand car with such potential, you do not base a car by its kbb but by the appreciation, time, effort, and parts. It must be reasonable of course but expect to pay for a car fully built.

jrod sold his evo with everything on it for i believe $27,500 or more. I am sure you would like to get a steal of a deal. But wouldnt you think we would all love to have a steal of a deal as well for that same price?

not bashing or anything its just 20k or less for 9-10 sec car something isnt right. Then I think all the Honda Si lovers would ditch there ride and buy this instead of there Honda haha
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

DUDE lol Seriously I bought my fully built 03 evo in 05 for $28,000. So an 05 built for $20,000 haha only if someone is truely desperate and insane. Modified evo's dont lose value man maybe at a dealer
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

You wont get a good FULLY built evo for that price.... maybe a Evo with a bigger turbo and cams and bolt ons but not one with a fully built motor... Sorry.... But good luck anyway man..
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
You wont get a good FULLY built evo for that price.... maybe a Evo with a bigger turbo and cams and bolt ons but not one with a fully built motor... Sorry.... But good luck anyway man..
if you read other posts i said that it doesn't need to toally be built just need the majorities as you said, i would mind a full bolt on and cams with turbo, i don't mind spending 4k on a engine.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

if you read other posts i said that it doesn't need to toally be built just need the majorities as you said, i would mind a full bolt on and cams with turbo, i don't mind spending 4k on a engine.
haha Okay sorry(I'm sleep deprived and don't always read ) then ya Find one and do a compression test first thing that will tell you a lot about buying a Evo... If all the Cylinders are withing a few PSI like 5psi of each other then it in good shape... and the motor should still have some good life left in it Just something I like to go on all turboed car (mainly evos) before I buy one
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolution IVGSR
haha Okay sorry(I'm sleep deprived and don't always read ) then ya Find one and do a compression test first thing that will tell you a lot about buying a Evo... If all the Cylinders are withing a few PSI like 5psi of each other then it in good shape... and the motor should still have some good life left in it Just something I like to go on all turboed car (mainly evos) before I buy one
thanks, sorry bout the misconception. p.s. your voltex is sexy. lol id rock it
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

haha its okay and thanks man I'm glad I didn't sell it now GL with what Ever you get
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, seriously.... Please be real. Im going to be very vague bc of obvious reasons, but a buddy of mine just bought a car for a very low price that was "built", and in the very short time hes had it, he has stuck over $2k in just fixing it. Hes pretty pissed to say the least, bc all of this was not stated by the previous owner, but hey, like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for". So no need to wish u luck, bc you will find one, but hope you like working on the car and have deep pockets, cuz chances are thats probably whats gonna end up happening.
Old Jan 22, 2009 | 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IDRNKV8
Dude, seriously.... Please be real. Im going to be very vague bc of obvious reasons, but a buddy of mine just bought a car for a very low price that was "built", and in the very short time hes had it, he has stuck over $2k in just fixing it. Hes pretty pissed to say the least, bc all of this was not stated by the previous owner, but hey, like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for". So no need to wish u luck, bc you will find one, but hope you like working on the car and have deep pockets, cuz chances are thats probably whats gonna end up happening.
certified inspection and dealership certified inspection\check