Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: (WI/IL) 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, Apex Silver, Fresh restoration, $12,900 obo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:51 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOLD: (WI/IL) 2003 Lancer Evolution VIII, Apex Silver, Fresh restoration, $12,900 obo

For Sale - 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII

Up for sale is a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII in Apex Silver. I bought this car earlier this summer and recently completed a complete overhaul, sort of a modern restoration, with the intent on keeping it for a long time, but something has come up so I now have to sell it. I spent $5,000 and put literally hundreds of hours into it. I bought an Evo VIII new in 2003 and have owned an Evo X and a couple STIs, and I always missed the Evo VIII.

The car has 110,000 miles. The original owner purchased it new here in Racine, WI and commuted approximately 13,750 per year - so a little below average for its age. Over the last few months I have had every system gone through and checked and renewed. Thus, while the car has a fair amount of miles on it, it should be as solid as possible and ready for another hundred thousand miles of enjoyment.

The car was completely stock with all factory recalls and TSB's performed. The 2003 is an ideal year as far as longevity and reliability is concerned as it has the stronger five-speed transmission and the less complex and easier to maintain mechanical difs. As with all Evo's, it features a high output 2.0L turbo-charged four cylinder putting out 276hp through an advanced all-wheel drive system, Brembo brakes, Recaro seats, MOMO steering wheel and shift knob, Enkei wheels, and carbon fiber rear spoiler. It also has all options available in 2003, including the power moonroof and height adjustable xenon headlights with foglights.

The highlights of the restoration include:

Interior
- Front and rear seats replaced with black leather and suede Recaro seats from a low mile 2006 Evo IX MR.
- Door panels, center console, door panels, and headliner replaced with matching Evo IX MR items.
- Brand new OEM black leather Evo MOMO steering wheel.
- Brand new OEM black leather Evo MOMO shift knob and OEM shift boot.
- Brand new embroidered floor mats.
- New OEM cabin air filter.
- HVAC control system updated.
- New JVC HD-Radio equipped stereo (playing through upgraded speakers).

Exterior
- Complete professional detail, polish and wax.
- Clear coat on exposed carbon fiber section of rear spoiler refinished with UV-protectant clear coat.
- Light bulbs replaced.
- Hood vent repainted.

Drivetrain
- Complete car checked out by local dealer. Engine was found to be in great shape with proper compression and strong boost.
- All fluids and oils replaced with Redline products (transmission, transfer case, and differential) and Mobil 1 engine oil.
- New K&N drop-in air filter.
- All belts (timing belt, balance shaft belt, and accessory belt) replaced.
- New NGK Iridium spark plugs.
- Clutch checked, flushed and bled.

Chassis
- Shocks upgraded to Evo IX MR Bilsteins.
- New brake rotors and pads and calipers inspected and repainted.
- Full precision alignment performed.
- Front hub and wheel bearing replaced with new OEM unit.
- Suspension bushings replaced with new OEM units.
- New Continental ExtremeContact DWS Ultra High Performance all-season tires.

Other
- New battery.
- Emissions system checked out and EGR valve replaced.

The bottom line is that this is a very solid Evo VIII that features the most desirable parts offered on this platform. It has both sets of keys and remotes and the original manual and I have the service manual file as well. The body shows some minor dents and paint chips here and there. I was quoted $500 for my body shop to go through it and clean up everything, which I planned to do after the winter. Everything has been gone through and checked, cleaned, replaced, and/or upgraded. It is ready to be driven and enjoyed, either as it is or with the mods of your choice.

I am asking $12,900 or best offer. This is in line with the current Blue Book private party value, which assumes standard condition for a car with average miles and doesn't include all of the new parts and upgrades that it has received. The car is located in Racine, WI ten minutes off of I-94.

Please feel free to send me a PM or call me at (262) 412-5924 if you have any questions or if you would like to come to see it.

Additional pictures can be found here: http://gallery.me.com/jwa#100467

Last edited by JWA; Sep 22, 2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:26 PM

sooo clean, might have a buddy interested will let him know!
Old Sep 13, 2010, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good bud, glws.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:17 AM
Evolving Member

Great Price.... if you have trouble selling her I will be back in WI on leave in Dec and I will take her off your hands within a day for 13k.

I might sell my Project on Guam and start another when I get back to the states. Let me know..... if you are not in a rush I am going to put my baby up for sale on Guam.

GLWS Brother.

Last edited by demodeakin; Sep 14, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:23 AM
JWA
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by demodeakin
Great Price.... if you have trouble selling her I will be back in WI on leave in Dec and I will take her off your hands within a day for 13k.

I might sell my Project on Guam and start another when I get back to the states. Let me know..... if you are not in a rush I am going to put my baby up for sale on Guam.

GLWS Brother.
I'm sure it will be gone by then - but thanks for your service. Stay safe out there.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about trades and telling people that I'm trying to cut down my car count, but on second thought - I would consider a trade for an interesting car if the deal was right. I prefer clean, fairly stock cars though.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Does this car have a clean title?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:39 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jeff_Jeske
Does this car have a clean title?
Yes, clean title in hand.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

i might be interested on thios one....have this car ever beein on a accident??
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:25 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kanun
i might be interested on thios one....have this car ever beein on a accident??
No, no major accidents. The original owner purchased it new and used it to commute to the south side of Chicago. Apparently he was tapped while in traffic down there twice, with the rear bumper cover having been replaced after one of them. No structural damage though, just low speed stop and go incidents. Before I bought it I had it checked out and the chassis is perfectly straight and when I had it aligned the drivetrain is all at factory specs.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

bumpz
Old Sep 18, 2010, 12:10 AM
JWA
Evolving Member

I have a couple offers in the works and a couple people coming to look at the car this weekend, but the car is still available.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:47 PM
JWA
Evolving Member

This Evo has now been sold.