Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTT/feeler: 425 whp Evo X for a clean IX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johntesi
I can vouch for the car's entire history and the owner.
If you ever get serious, I can definitely throw some cash on top and see some more of the country...
John, much thanks!

This would be a much longer road trip.

BUMP
Old Nov 30, 2010, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

shoulda posted this a month ago before I dumped another 11k in my evo =/ GLWT.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by milford
no way this car is worth more then a clean low mileage IX.
Congratulations, you hit my pet peeve button.
Walk into any bank and ask for a loan, and the value on 24k mileage 2008 Evo X is roughly $5000 higher than that of a 48k mileage 2006 Evo IX.

Total both through State Farm in the state I live, and the payout for the 2008 is $5000 higher as well.

So while people can ask what they want, your statement is wrong.

It flat out blows my mind that some people want to ask the exact new car amount they paid South Coast Mitsu for a 4 year old 50k mile car.

I had my X FS for awhile and kept getting lowballed with even trade offers on clapped out cars. If I was going to trade, I wanted to find someone who took as good care of their cars that I did, but alas, was not meant to happen.

Sorry for the rantfest.

To the OP, you can leave this thread wherever you want, but you'll get a lot more traction if you let me move it to the X section, where presumably people with IXs for sale will actually be looking for Evo Xs. Here, there are just a bunch of people selling their car, but not shopping.

If you can't make out well on this deal, keep your car. It's pimp, its unmolested, and you know the history!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Such a nice car! Very tempting but if it's paid, why not just keep it. 4K-5K additional down payment for a 25 year mortgage means nothing unless you're planning to pay off your house in 1-2 years. Example: Adding 1K worth of accessories to a new car purchase would up your monthly payment by $20-$30 depending on interest for a 60 month loan. So what's 4-5K in a 25-year (300 months) loan? I could be wrong though.

Goodluck!
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
While you are technically correct finding a low mileage or near stock IX will command a premium regardless of what KBB or a bank states. The market makes the prices on all items otherwise just sell your car to a stealership and be done with it.

But for all intents and purposes the X should be worth more then a IX on paper, but we all know how that works.

One of my buddies has a 100% OEM 2006 Evo IX MR White with 50K on it. It desperately needs a clutch and some matching tires but other then that it is fine. What is that worth? If he gets the right offer he may part with it.

Originally Posted by Noize
Walk into any bank and ask for a loan, and the value on 24k mileage 2008 Evo X is roughly $5000 higher than that of a 48k mileage 2006 Evo IX.

Total both through State Farm in the state I live, and the payout for the 2008 is $5000 higher as well.

It flat out blows my mind that some people want to ask the exact new car amount they paid South Coast Mitsu for a 4 year old 50k mile car.

I had my X FS for awhile and kept getting lowballed with even trade offers on clapped out cars. If I was going to trade, I wanted to find someone who took as good care of their cars that I did, but alas, was not meant to happen.

Sorry for the rantfest.

To the OP, you can leave this thread wherever you want, but you'll get a lot more traction if you let me move it to the X section, where presumably people with IXs for sale will actually be looking for Evo Xs. Here, there are just a bunch of people selling their car, but not shopping.

If you can't make out well on this deal, keep your car. It's pimp, its unmolested, and you know the history!

Last edited by High_PSI; Nov 30, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the rantfest.

I'd have to agree with you for the most part. Some people do tend to be slightly unrealistic with their expectations and what their cars are worth. With that being said, I've definitely seen some well done IX's go for a fair price on here as well. This is definitely not something that I expect/expected to happen overnight. It will really take the right situation from both parties to make this happen.

As for moving the thread, please do feel free to move it into the X section if you think it's a better spot that will get viewed more.

Thanks for the compliments on the car, and will end up keeping it if the right situation doesn't present itself. For the mean time, I might as well leave this feeler up and see where it goes.
Originally Posted by rush63
Such a nice car! Very tempting but if it's paid, why not just keep it. 4K-5K additional down payment for a 25 year mortgage means nothing unless you're planning to pay off your house in 1-2 years. Example: Adding 1K worth of accessories to a new car purchase would up your monthly payment by $20-$30 depending on interest for a 60 month loan. So what's 4-5K in a 25-year (300 months) loan? I could be wrong though.

Goodluck!
Definitely a valid point you present. My plan really is to pay off the home as fast as possible.

Originally Posted by High_PSI
While you are technically correct finding a low mileage or near stock IX will command a premium regardless of what KBB or a bank states. The market makes the prices on all items otherwise just sell your car to a stealership and be done with it.

But for all intents and purposes the X should be worth more then a IX on paper, but we all know how that works.

One of my buddies has a 100% OEM 2006 Evo IX MR White with 50K on it. It desperately needs a clutch and some matching tires but other then that it is fine. What is that worth? If he gets the right offer he may part with it.
I'm just waiting to maybe find a happy medium somewhere.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by glomb23

Definitely a valid point you present. My plan really is to pay off the home as fast as possible.

I'm just waiting to maybe find a happy medium somewhere.

You know, paying off your home loan too quickly could be a poor choice and even poorer use of you hard earned dollars especially with loan rates in as low as the 4's. You also get to write off that interest so do not forget your income is lowered by that amount! If you invest the difference conservatively and hell even get 6% which is extremely conservative that is a 2% growth on free money you were going to give back to the bank. You need to spread the gap on the interest you pay Vs. the interest you collect.

If you purchase a home and your interest rate is say 5%, I would seriously consider investing the additional amount you would pay into tax differed/tax free vehicles such as a Roth IRA which in 35Years 3-4 houses later you would have 100% tax free growth and you will kill any bank rate you are paying. There are so many tax favored plans people just don't utilize, the Roth being the most easy to start and fund.

From 5/5/2003 to as of November 13, 2010 the S&P500 has yielded 29.4% That isn't even the best collection of funds to invest in as it represents the average risk of the market. If you actually sat down with an adviser and pumped some cash into some proper funds paying your mortgage off would be the least of your worries.

Put your money to work and think about trading with me I throw in some free financial advice

Last edited by High_PSI; Nov 30, 2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts

Sorry for the rantfest.

I mean what you say is definitely true, it's just that the market is not reflecting the actual values of these cars right now.

thats why i said if OP really needs to make some cash on the trade he should prob consider something else, cuz he's not gonna get all that much, if anything, trading to a IX right now. Esp for clean/low miles or stock.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Open to outright sales as well! Also, Exedy Twin HD will be installed this coming Thursday or Friday. BUMP
Old Nov 30, 2010, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Greg, how much would you want for it sold outright? PM me if you want... I'm just giving you a free
B U M P
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johntesi
Greg, how much would you want for it sold outright? PM me if you want... I'm just giving you a free
B U M P
PM'd ya John.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Same PM here on the outright sale please.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
Same PM here on the outright sale please.
Matt, I'm going to shoot you over a text tomorrow or give you a call.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Cool beans!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

4500 cash and my ix hahaha and we can trade straight up, you got my number, we talked about this

Quick Reply: WTT/feeler: 425 whp Evo X for a clean IX