Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTT/feeler: 425 whp Evo X for a clean IX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS/FT: 425 whp Evo X for a IX

Outright Sale Price: $30,500 without the Volks, and $32,500 with
Mileage Update: 12/25 - Car now has 15,223 miles
New Edit: Underhood and Interior pics added on Post #2 as well as page 5!

EDIT: Also want to state I'm open to outright sale as well. PM me offers please.
2nd Edit: Will also consider 05 VIII's

All fluids were changed with clutch on 12/3

Hey guys, I'm considering trading my Evo X for a IX. Reason being is my lady and I are looking into getting a bigger home and extra funds would obviously be helpful. With that said, I'd be looking for some cash on top. How much would be dependent on your car of course. I'd really prefer a lower mileage clean IX. Not really considering VIII's. Mods are okay as well as long as tastefully done. (fast preferred )

Okay, so now a little about my car... It's a 2008 GG X SSS with factory Aero Kit. Car as it sits currently has just 14,6xx miles on it. It will go up as the car is currently my daily driver, but not too much since my commute is never too far. The car has a clean title free and clear in my name. Will provide VIN# for serious parties. Work on car has been performed/tuned by Iveytune. The car made 424whp and 359tq with an FP Green and supporting mods. I'm sure they'd attest, as well as some members here on the condition I keep my car in. Alright, onto the mod list:

Power:
FP Green, FIC 900cc injectors,GM 3port, Cobb AP (with two maps for the FP Green by Ivey), Map o2 Downpipe, Rexpeed Testpipe, Megan Drift-Spec Catback, AFE Short Ram Intake with a Cobb FP Turbo Inlet, 4" ETS FMIC, AMS UICP, UR LICP.

Wheels/Suspension:
18x9.5 Matte Black Volk TE-37's +22 offset, 265/35/18 Advan Neova Ad 08's (about 80-85% tread left), Swift Springs, Perrin Rear Swaybar, Whiteline RCA.

Possibly included: XXR 522's with brand new 245/40/18 Dunlop Wintersport 3d's

Transmission:
TWM Short Shifter, Base Bushings, Exedy Twin HD Clutch

Exterior:
APR Vortex Generator, Rally Armor Mud Flaps, Ralliart Tails, 35% tint all around (minus windshield), smoked sidemarkers

Interior:
Rexpeed Dual A-pillar gauge pod with AEM Wideband and AEM Digital Boost Gauge, T1R Shift boot (looks so much damn better than the stock one), and Blox weighted Shift Knob

Last edited by glomb23; Dec 25, 2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Mileage update/outright sale price
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

EDIT: Underhood and Interior pics added. Sorry for the quality, they're from my blackberry. (can't find digital camera!)

Last edited by glomb23; Dec 19, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
you might be hardpressed to get cash on top if you're looking for a lower mileage clean ix.. may be wisest to just sell outright and use all that cash and put off cars for a little.. i only say that cuz i had a few friends who had to do the same
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
you might be hardpressed to get cash on top if you're looking for a lower mileage clean ix.. may be wisest to just sell outright and use all that cash and put off cars for a little.. i only say that cuz i had a few friends who had to do the same
I certainly do appreciate the input, and that is why I listed this as a feeler. I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect to get some cash on top though for a clean IX. It doesn't have to be SUPER low mileage, but the lower the better of course. By clean I really mean no body damage, accidents,etc... I'm definitely not opposed to sell outright if the price is right either. I've seen some nice, clean, and well done IX's on here go for 22k or less. I think it'd be safe to assume I should be able to sell this for a few grand more.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

no way this car is worth more then a clean low mileage IX.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

bump for you. that is the sexiest GG X. Im just falling for X's more and more.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milford
Come on man, that's just silly to say. Even though we all know KBB is BS, and really just a reference point this car is worth more than a IX. I don't mind if you don't agree, but to say this car is worth less than even a 23k IX that's out of control. (IMO of course)
Originally Posted by Wickedwhite8
bump for you. that is the sexiest GG X. Im just falling for X's more and more.
Thanks man. Much appreciated!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

very clean x. too bad i own an 8.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Greg:

1. I love your car, don't sell it.

2. A clean low mileage IX MR will go close to what your X will only due to supply and demand. I would say if you were lucky you would get $2-3K in your pocket on the trade. A GSR should get you about $4-5K in your pocket.

3. To be honest I have had both the IX and X, both modified. The X is a better daily driver IMO. While I prefer my IX for a weekened racer.

If anything I would part your car out for some cash and keep it. In this market your not going to get the cash on top that you think you may get. Either way its a bada** car and I love it.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by milford
Why does everyone think that their evo 9's are worth 30K? bump for an awesome X!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 245 Likes on 220 Posts
Originally Posted by glomb23
I certainly do appreciate the input, and that is why I listed this as a feeler. I don't think it's too unrealistic to expect to get some cash on top though for a clean IX. It doesn't have to be SUPER low mileage, but the lower the better of course. By clean I really mean no body damage, accidents,etc... I'm definitely not opposed to sell outright if the price is right either. I've seen some nice, clean, and well done IX's on here go for 22k or less. I think it'd be safe to assume I should be able to sell this for a few grand more.
no not all - i just meant it may be a little difficult. good luck with the sale!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03evo8gsr
very clean x. too bad i own an 8.
Thanks man, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Srt-4 Turbo 7
Greg:

2. A clean low mileage IX MR will go close to what your X will only due to supply and demand. I would say if you were lucky you would get $2-3K in your pocket on the trade. A GSR should get you about $4-5K in your pocket.

3. To be honest I have had both the IX and X, both modified. The X is a better daily driver IMO. While I prefer my IX for a weekened racer.

If anything I would part your car out for some cash and keep it. In this market your not going to get the cash on top that you think you may get. Either way its a bada** car and I love it.
Frank, I really do love my X honestly. I figured it may just be prudent to test the market because of course any extra cash towards the purchase of a new home will help with mortgage . I'll honestly probably either end up trading with someone as is if the right deal comes along, or just keep it as is. I don't really feel like going through the hassle of a part out, ya know?

Again, Frank I value your opinion since you've owned both, but I might have to make a tough choice.

Originally Posted by evowner17
Why does everyone think that their evo 9's are worth 30K? bump for an awesome X!
Thanks man. I'm not sure why??? Although I've seen some truly sweet IX's sell for 20-22k, and that's a nice price range IMO.

Originally Posted by kyooch
no not all - i just meant it may be a little difficult. good luck with the sale!
It very well may be slightly difficult. I just figured I might as well test the waters as there may be someone out there who wants an already pretty well done X. Thanks man!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
This is so true. I have driven both cars at length and the X for lack of a better word is less focused then a IX. Out of the Box the IX is faster but the X is certainly a smoother vehicle all around. The thing has cruise control for gods sakes!!!

As far as a swap for a IXMR the 2-3K cash on top would be max. A low mileage example with tasteful mods would be an even trade based on rarity of the IX's.

If you really want a IX then go for it dude, but it is more of a race car. Like I said if you wana meet up I can show you my ride so you know what you are dealing with. I am a biased *** so I feel the IX is the best Evo ever besides the 6.5

P.S. Does you Evo X have a clutch upgrade?

Originally Posted by Srt-4 Turbo 7
Greg:

Last edited by High_PSI; Nov 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

I love your wheels wanna trade? lol
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To bad your in NJ, cause I might have considered.

Quick Reply: WTT/feeler: 425 whp Evo X for a clean IX