Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2006 9 MR 30k miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great seller.

Seller or Mods please lock this thread. What a joke.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry people got pissed, but...

Actually... Someone came to "look at" the car the same day I first listed it. I had no idea he was bringing cash, and expecting to drive the car home. He didn't tell me this.
When I became aware that was his goal, I balked...for two reasons. The deal was happening too quickly...something didn't feel right. It was dark, and I didn't trust my ability to KNOW that none of the cash was counterfeit. And yes, I still had all my stuff (cd's etc) in the car AND was not emotionally ready to see the car leave THAT NIGHT.

The next day, one of the same 6-7 people who expressed an interest in the car, wanted to see it. I told him it was already sold. He offered 19k. I said that one thousand dollars was not meaningful to me at that point, regarding this car. Later he mentioned 20k...so I let him look at the car, because I HAVE NO NEED TO BE DUMB, and take 2k less thn I could...for a car that has tons of money into it.

Blah, blah, blah, blah... The people complaining are unfortunately not 20 minutes away from me, like the two people who SAW the car. Both brought cash, without telling me.
I sold a car once, at auction, for (price edited out) ...being eager to say goodbye because someone brings 18-19k is not my style. These cars are world class performers that are just under appreciated in this country. In another country, I would expect a more realistic price for the car. I did under price the car. I underpriced it, to sell it quickly.
I tried to sell it through Sean in November, with an asking price of 25k.. The closest I got to a deal was 19...which at that time, I was not willing to sell for.

The bottom line is, two people who live close to me, wanted the car. The first one to get here gets it for the price they both were willing to pay. WTF is wrong with that?
Everything else is sour grapes.

Last edited by weenie; Jan 17, 2012 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Took out large number
Old Jan 17, 2012, 07:35 AM

car gone
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
Great seller.

WOW man calm down a bit. Its his car and he can do what ever he wants with it... He could have given it away for free if he wanted to no matter how much money you offered him.

Nonetheless Im sure you attempted to purchase this evo just to make money on it. No offense, but i think him selling this evo to a proper evo enthusiast is for the better

Cheers to the seller!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Sour Grapes For The Win
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

As to your comment Silver guy: A proper EVO enthusiast? LOL!!! I have a $30-$40k EVO build going on right now. Don't tell me about proper evo enthusiast.

I was upset due to the fact that he said he would contact me if he changed his mind. I know you can sell a car to whoever you want but when you say you are going to do something, do it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I know I am not def. You told me on the phone that someone came and looked at the car the same day you listed it and he brought cash and you did not want to sell the car because it meant too much to you.

You are an great seller. Car was listed for $18k and then you try to get more money out of it.
The guy has corroborated your claim that he didn't want to let it go and clarified that it was just for that day when someone showed up at night to look and suddenly offered cash to take that car at that moment.

And what's wrong with adjusting ones price to the market? Its absurd and obiously purely out of self-interest for you to think that a seller can only lower their price based on low demand and that raising a price (the car was still sold at a steal) based on serious high demand is, as you mentioned below, "a joke".

Sour grapes couldn't be more obvious.

Great seller.

Old Jan 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Guess you can't read. "I was upset due to the fact that he said he would contact me if he changed his mind. I know you can sell a car to whoever you want but when you say you are going to do something, do it."

How it was handled was not right. You do not sell a car and then raise the price. Do a little research on what the car should sell for. I could really care less about that. I spoke to him on the phone and said to him, "what price would it take for you to change your mind about not selling it." Seller said, "I will contact you if I change my mind."

This does not need to turn into a pissing match. End of story.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:51 PM

Guess you can't read. "I was upset due to the fact that he said he would contact me if he changed his mind. I know you can sell a car to whoever you want but when you say you are going to do something, do it."

How it was handled was not right. You do not sell a car and then raise the price. Do a little research on what the car should sell for. I could really care less about that. I spoke to him on the phone and said to him, "what price would it take for you to change your mind about not selling it." Seller said, "I will contact you if I change my mind."

This does not need to turn into a pissing match. End of story.
ExtremeDSM is a goof. Try and buy some parts from him - he wont give you a price, after you ask he will say make offer even though your asking what the price is. Then he will say pass on your offer, then after you ask for a price the third time he will charge you more then more then the dealer for a used stock part. I wouldn't do business with him and it sounds like he is getting a taste of his own medicine.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

^Sorry man. Don't take to kindly to unreasonable offers on parts. I already spoke to a MOD on the situation. If you don't like the price, go elsewhere. You already spoke to a MOD and now you come in this thread and post. Wow.

Let the thread die already, its not that hard.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow great car with great mods and double WOW on the price! Although it was a steal of a price, I didn't know that many people had 20k cash sitting in their wallets ready to go lol.

Would love to get better pics of the Porsche GT2 seats in the interior from the OP, if possible. I love collecting photos of EVO mods I have never seen before!

Congrats on the sale and to the new owner.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:34 PM

As to your comment Silver guy: A proper EVO enthusiast? LOL!!! I have a $30-$40k EVO build going on right now. Don't tell me about proper evo enthusiast.

I was upset due to the fact that he said he would contact me if he changed his mind. I know you can sell a car to whoever you want but when you say you are going to do something, do it.

You know, Extreme DSM...if I had known who you were, regarding parting out cars...I would never have talked to you. I did want someone to buy the car, who would love it the way it was. I also wanted that person to continue to use Sean Ivey to work on it.

As it was, there was so much interest in the car, I only had time to deal with the closest two...both of them brought cash, and wanted the car badly. I didn't call anyone back, who was further away...why would I? To be greedy? To string the local guys along, and see if I could squeeze some more money out of them? Nah. I am an enthusiast, plain and simple.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 9 MR  30k miles-evo-ext1.jpg   2006 9 MR  30k miles-evo-int1.jpg   2006 9 MR  30k miles-evo-eng1.jpg  
Old Jan 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I am parting a couple cars out that could NOT be fixed. Nothing wrong with that. I don't need to explain myself.

If the car is sold, why do you not lock the thread?
Old Jan 19, 2012, 05:41 PM

If the car is sold, why do you not lock the thread?
Because I am a Weenie, and don't know that's required, or know how to do it.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Extreme, if you want a car so bad, buy mine.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ue-bandit.html