Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

05 Evo RS Track Car -Borgwarner EFR, Dsport Cover Car, RRE, Robispec - AZ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by l888apex
Are you seriously asking if its street legal!?
i'm not sure i understand what the problem with that is. In fact, I don't think this concerns you at all. I never implied this would be driven on the streets; I just happened to notice that it has California license plates, which I found intriguing, so I figured there would be no problem in asking if it could be registered to drive on the street. Thanks for your incite, however unnecessary it was.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by evoforstevo
i'm not sure i understand what the problem with that is. In fact, I don't think this concerns you at all. I never implied this would be driven on the streets; I just happened to notice that it has California license plates, which I found intriguing, so I figured there would be no problem in asking if it could be registered to drive on the street. Thanks for your incite, however unnecessary it was.
Registered to drive on the street and it being street legal is two completely different things In California an intake or catback will automatically make a car not "street legal" but most people use them and much much more under the radar
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Registered to drive on the street and it being street legal is two completely different things In California an intake or catback will automatically make a car not "street legal" but most people use them and much much more under the radar
I figured this much...hence the part about me asking.....
Old Jun 18, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
bump for great guy and an amazing car!!! sad to see it go!
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coming from a guy who doesnt have too many evo NASA friends, but a bunch of e36 guys, i know what it takes to build a proper track car, and even how more challenging it is in an evo bc of the boosted motor.

that cage is absolutely gorgeous, I just cant stop staring at the pictures.

bump for you and glws. if you have the chance to buy a proper gt3rs track car, do it and dont look back!

cheers
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by leetEVO
...Minimal weight reduction has been done...
On the car pictured? oh wow

GLWS
Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by olmoscd
On the car pictured? oh wow

GLWS
Yes there is plenty more than can be done!!! I watched Robert Fuller over at Robispec get an Evo IX track car down to ~2,600lbs and he could have still kept going, but the car had a weight requirement!!!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 09:51 PM
EvoM Guru

to the top!!!!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:31 PM

Have any current pictures of the car? I know you said there was some minor damage to the side of the car, you take some detailed pictures of the exterior condition of the body? How's the overall body? Any major dings or dents? Car looks great!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by BubbaKush
Have any current pictures of the car? I know you said there was some minor damage to the side of the car, you take some detailed pictures of the exterior condition of the body? How's the overall body? Any major dings or dents? Car looks great!
These are the current pictures......

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/10227665-post12.html
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

So the car currently has an RRE built 2.3? I thought that had one of Buschur's secret sauce stroker motors?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 09:58 AM

Those picturess are horrible, tell me where it shows the damage you did hitting those hay bale's?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:15 AM
EvoM Guru

Those picturess are horrible, tell me where it shows the damage you did hitting those hay bale's?
Damage from what hay bales? The splitter/bumper got some light damage recently but it has already been fixed/replaced (I believe a portion of the splitter came off the bumper or something along those lines). The pictures in post #12 clearly shows the bumper/splitter intact where it WAS "damaged".

Last edited by L888Apex; Jul 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:26 PM

Damage from what hay bales? The splitter/bumper got some light damage recently but it has already been fixed/replaced (I believe a portion of the splitter came off the bumper or something along those lines). The pictures in post #12 clearly shows the bumper/splitter intact where it WAS "damaged".
You sure that was the only damage? This was what Ben sent me, aka (leetEVO).......

The has never been in an acident and the underside is clean. Its been off the track a few times;however, the only thing ever damaged was the front bumper and rear doors. The front bumper could use some paint. as it was a quick fix.

there are two sizable dents in the bottom of the driverside door and passanager door as they encountered a haybay last outing. I didn't bother to fix them as the plan was to go to Carbon skins. Not a big deal, just time.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You sure that was the only damage? This was what Ben sent me, aka (leetEVO).......

The has never been in an acident and the underside is clean. Its been off the track a few times;however, the only thing ever damaged was the front bumper and rear doors. The front bumper could use some paint. as it was a quick fix.

there are two sizable dents in the bottom of the driverside door and passanager door as they encountered a haybay last outing. I didn't bother to fix them as the plan was to go to Carbon skins. Not a big deal, just time.
The video I posted shows exactly how it sits today. Runs beautifuly etc.

I'll try to take specific pictures of the the "dents" on the rear door today.

Quick Reply: 05 Evo RS Track Car -Borgwarner EFR, Dsport Cover Car, RRE, Robispec - AZ