Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Sold

FS: IL: EB Evo IX w/ AMS Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:59 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
SOLD: IL: EB Evo IX w/ AMS Turbo Kit

SOLD!

The Story
In February 2011 I blew up my evo X motor on a frigid night from a failed FPR line. Knowing I would have a house with a garage where I could work on it in soon and having always wanted a big boy fully prepped evo race car I ran across this gem and decided to use it as a daily until I could fix my X, then turn this car into the race car I always wanted once the Evo X was fixed. Buying a house turned out to provide for more projects than expected, so I didn't fix the Evo X until early 2012. By spring I had started racing motorcycles and decided to make that my primary racing-hobby. Before stripping down a perfectly good car I waited, seeing if I would change my mind. Unfortunately that day did not come and I decided to make room for a race-bike instead.

This is my 3rd evo (Evo IX SE, Evo X, this Evo IX) and 6th Mitsubishi/DSM (2g DSM - fully built 35R, 1g DSM 6/4, 3000GT VR4). I do not plan on leaving these awesome cars any time soon, but having two evos and two motorcycles is a little ridiculous, so I've set a requirement to sell the race-evo before I can purchase a race-bike.

The Details/Mods
- AMS HTA GT3076R (big 30R) Turbo kit
- Tial WGA with external dump
- Full AMS Turboback
- AMS turbo kit intake
- AMS FMIC
- AMS LICP
- Exedy twin disk HD clutch
- HKS 272 Exhaust cam
- Hallman Pro MBC
- AMS/PTE 880cc injectors
- Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
- Stoptech front calipers and 2-piece floating rotors - really amazing brakes on-track
- WedsSport SA-70 Wheels
-- Dunlop Direzza Star Spec 235/45-17 (very low miles)
-- Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25V 235/45-17 (installed - 2 / 4 are close to needing to be replaced)
- Stance GR Pro-Plus coilovers
- Whiteline bushings (Rear: trailing arm, tow arm, f&r upper arm)
- Whiteline 24MM Rear sway bar
- Adjustable front end links
- STRI boost gauge and AEM Wideband
- DVD in-dash navigation with MB Quart reference amps, component speakers, and subwoofer in a custom molded box
- Wiring installed for Passport (this is what I use) / Valentine (I'm told this is the same) radar detectors
- Methanol injection lines / power installed. Needs pump, tank, nozzle, and controller. Removed as part of my purchase (the previous owner wanted to move these parts to his new evo X).
- HID lights
- EGR Delete
- Seibon Invader style carbon fiber hood with Aerocatch hood pins
- JDM Rear Bumper
- AMS Front lower motor mount
- Zaklee shifter bushings
- AMS Shifter base bushings
- Rexpeed CF dash cover
- OEM Mitsubishi CF / Aluminum e-brake handle
- OEM Alcantera / Leather Evo IX Seats
- Tinted windows
- 143k Miles - I was worried about the milage when I purchased the car, but a compression test revealed 125-130 psi per cylinder (which would be slightly higher without cams). This is a healthy motor.
- Tephra V7 ROM with bigmaps, launch control, map switching, and all of the other features. Tuned for 93 but will run e85 if you switch maps. I would recommend re-tuning the WOT timing for the e85 map should you decide to use it.

The bad:
-The head unit DVD/CD player will not work, but the rest of the head unit functions fine and the stereo sounds great. I used Sirius while I still had a subscription or aux-in from my phone/ipod anyway and it sounded great
-The AC will need to be fixed. Currently running an A/C delete belt. The A/C did not work when I had gotten it - it appeared because the AC clutch was worn out. A new clutch is ~$160. I received a bad gatorback belt which caused the pulley to shear off the compressor when it snapped so that will need to be replaced also. I went back to gates/NAPA belts for this car and the rest of mine.
-Front lip is cracked and front bumper has minor damage on drivers side near quarter panel from previous owner. He said his wife bumped into a concrete lamp post pulling through a parking spot at very low speed. It has never caused any issues for me and is not very noticeable. The damage is pictured below.
-The SRS light came on during a parking lot drifting session in a particularly bad snowstorm this winter. I've read a few posts about this happening and it seems wetness can trigger a fault that will light this up until it is reset (even when the fault goes away). If it is a requirement for the sale I can get this reset at the dealer and confirm it does not turn back on. I planned to remove the dash / airbags / seatbelts when race prepping the car so I was not concerned about it. UPDATE 8/21: I brought the car to AMS this morning and had the SRS fault cleared. 14 miles of driving and 2 starts and it has not come up again.

I would normally repair any of these items immediately, however since I was planning on turning the car into a race car the AC and stereo would be gone and cosmetics were less of a priority.

Price:
$16,000

No lowballs, no joyrides, no BS please. I'm in no rush to sell and a busy person, so please don't waste either of our time. If you want to see the car move make sure you bring a deposit.

The pictures
All high res copies of these pics can be found here: http://thefrost.net/ebay/20120805.EvoIXEB/

(Please note the purple-ish hue is a photographic effect)

Damage to front bumper (please see note above)

Last edited by fostytou; Oct 17, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clean car and setup should sell quick! Glws
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great price, this evo will sell quick
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Will you entertain 05 ww RS trade + cash on my end
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by N33d4sp33d
Will you entertain 05 ww RS trade + cash on my end
Thank you for the offer, but no trades please. I'm looking to sell to make room for a race bike
Old Aug 9, 2012, 07:56 AM

I will echo what has been said...this should sell w/ the quickness! If timing was right, I would be the one buying. GLWS!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Any dyno numbers available ?
Old Aug 9, 2012, 08:54 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by N33d4sp33d
Any dyno numbers available ?
I don't have any dyno numbers available. Dyno sheets weren't included with the sale (the tune is from the previous owner). He claimed it made over 500whp on meth, but I have no way to verify. The best of my knowledge is that the meth injection tune was a Kunal road tune and the pump gas tune that the car is running was done at AMS. The car runs great so I never bothered.

If it were a condition of sale i'd be willing to do a VDR log and get virtual dyno numbers, but the tags are currently expired on the car so I'd prefer to not drive too far to pull that up. The car is much faster than my Evo X which currently VDRs around 410hp, so I'd assume that it is easily in the 450WHP range... but AMS tune + AMS turbo kit is comfort enough for me.

If you would like to schedule and pay for an appointment with AMS to do 3 pulls I'd be OK with finding time to bring it to them, but I have a feeling the dyno is very booked up right now.

Either way I'll include any maps I have for the car.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 02:29 PM
olo
Evolving Member

Damn solid car sir ! Will sell quick
Old Aug 9, 2012, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

that is ALOT of car for that price! wow!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for an amazing deal, wish this was around a few months ago!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:24 AM
EvoM Community Team

Pre MotoGP weekend bumpity boo bump.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

looks great
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

still have the car? PM me.

Last edited by SmurfZilla; Aug 23, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:35 AM
EvoM Community Team

PM'ed
- Yes the car is still for sale. Lots of interest but no sale yet

Quick Reply: FS: IL: EB Evo IX w/ AMS Turbo Kit