Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2003 Lancer Evolution (TEXAS)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Levar
My friend, I am a seriously interested buyer and I scratch my head about some posts in your ad. I plan to file my taxes at the earliest possible time online and if this is still available, we have something cooking.
scratch your head at what? you can come see the car for yourself maybe then your head wouldn't be itching? yes the car is cheap, and the reason being so is that it is not cosmetically acceptable. so whats the skepticism about?

all i get since i posted it was
"why is the car so cheap?"
"come on? no BS whats wrong with it?"

should i raise the price so it seems legit?
should i deny test drives so i can scam someone?

i've owned this car since fall 2009, since then, i've never wrecked or had to replace anything on the drivetrain. the only thing i've opened up was the valve cover for the install of the cams.
so to clear things up for anyone interested, THE CAR looks like SH**, yes the wrap is HORRID. And i dont want to risk peeling it off because the green underneath isnt OEM so i honestly dont know how well it will take the pressure of the wrap when its being removed! buy and peel or whatever at your own risk.

But as a car, its never gave me any problems, like i said, im still on stock clutch, i dont go out and do runs ever weekend, i go to school and home, full time (50 mi round trip). i've never dynoed it, and i've never tracked it.

The only thing you cannot REVERT back to stock on this car is the CUT fenders but you all know that, being you are on a evo enthusiasts forum. and theres a ton of widebody evos on here.

Anymore concerns i can answer for anyone?

Last edited by Evokid8; Jan 1, 2013 at 08:11 PM. Reason: typo.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Evokid8
scratch your head at what? you can come see the car for yourself maybe then your head wouldn't be itching? yes the car is cheap, and the reason being so is that it is not cosmetically acceptable. so whats the skepticism about?

all i get since i posted it was
"why is the car so cheap?"
"come on? no BS whats wrong with it?"

should i raise the price so it seems legit?
should i deny test drives so i can scam someone?

i've owned this car since fall 2009, since then, i've never wrecked or had to replace anything on the drivetrain. the only thing i've opened up was the valve cover for the install of the cams.

so to clear things up for anyone interested, THE CAR looks like SH**, yes the wrap is HORRID. And i dont want to risk peeling it off because the green underneath isnt OEM so i honestly dont know how well it will take the pressure of the wrap when its being removed! buy and peel or whatever at your own risk.

But as a car, its never gave me any problems, like i said, im still on stock clutch, i dont go out and do runs ever weekend, i go to school and home, full time (50 mi round trip). i've never dynoed it, and i've never tracked it.

The only thing you cannot REVERT back to stock on this car is the CUT fenders but you all know that, being you are on a evo enthusiasts forum. and theres a ton of widebody evos on here.

Anymore concerns i can answer for anyone?
My friend, if you read my post for context, you will see that my comments were/are directed to those making the negative posts in your ad.

I echo all that you stated in the quote above.

I am trying to buy the car from you and yes, I will more than likely remove the wrap as I like the color the car was painted. The cosmetic issues of the car does not bother me as I believe that every EVO should have its bumps and bruises. After all, it is has rally roots.

I am just hoping that the car is still available when I get the funds together. If you had to settle on a price, can you send me that number via PM?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Levar
My friend, if you read my post for context, you will see that my comments were/are directed to those making the negative posts in your ad.

I echo all that you stated in the quote above.

I am trying to buy the car from you and yes, I will more than likely remove the wrap as I like the color the car was painted. The cosmetic issues of the car does not bother me as I believe that every EVO should have its bumps and bruises. After all, it is has rally roots.

I am just hoping that the car is still available when I get the funds together. If you had to settle on a price, can you send me that number via PM?
grasping the context or not, i wanted to clear those up for anyone lurking this ad.

yes, i appreciate your concern and interest in buying the car, but there are dozens of other people saying the same thing. money talks. if you want to make an offer, PM me. i'm not the buyer here. As a seller i would like to get my asking price or close to it, so i cant tell you what the "lowest i'll do" is.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evokid8
if you want to make an offer, PM me. i'm not the buyer here. As a seller i would like to get my asking price or close to it, so i cant tell you what the "lowest i'll do" is.
Understood.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

pic bump:

Old Jan 5, 2013, 02:45 PM

Was the blue on the seats colored black?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4wheelsqueal
Was the blue on the seats colored black?
yes i dyed them, along with the headliner black.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jan 9, 2013, 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for a decent price......glws...im sure this will be gone by the time i start looking for another one
Old Jan 19, 2013, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

thanks bump
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:06 PM

well, flipping hot. maybe i'll get lucky and be able to take her off of your hands.

_isiah
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

ttt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

HOW is this still not sold??? Holy **** super cheap. If you were closer i'd be all over this. glws This is a steal
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:24 AM
Evolved Member

I thought it was sold based on the posts here. Is it still on the market?

Quick Reply: 2003 Lancer Evolution (TEXAS)