Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2008 GG GSR w/ SSS/Aero/Susp Mods, in SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2014, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 GG GSR w/ SSS/Aero/Susp Mods, in SF Bay Area

Year: 2008
Model: GSR
Color: Graphite Grey
Miles: ~35k
VIN: JA3AW86V38U048194
Title: Clear
Asking: $24k OBO

My Evo X was my daily driver/fun car. I decided late last year to separate the too (electric daily driver/Honda S2000 fun car.) It was great fun while it lasted, but it's time for my Evo X to go. It's engine has been kept stock it's entire life, but suspension has been changed with high quality stuff, so it's ready for someone to take and turn into a high HP monster.

Here's the details on the car.

2008 Graphite Grey Evo X GSR, with the SSS/Aero and interior packages bought in Feb 09. It has seen about 8~10 track (HPDE) days at Laguna Seca, Thunderhill and Sonoma Raceway at an intermediate driver level. Engine has been kept entirely STOCK since I've owned it (other than the catback exhaust.) Most of the work has been done on the suspension, which includes:

1. Ohlins DFV Road and Track Coilovers (with about 10k mile's on them and ~6 track days). I believe I can get a free rebuild on them, but I'm not sure). Stock GSR shocks and springs also included.
2. Whiteline Roll Center Kit
3. Whiteline Rear Sway Bar (stock sway bar included)
4. Whiteline Rear Control Arms (stock RCA's included)
5. Whiteline Rear End Links (when tight they don't make noise. stock end links included)
6. Rota Grid Wheels on Fuzion Tires (~8mm of tread depth left). Three of the wheels have some curb rash on them -- hey that's why I bought Rota's and not Volks. I'll post pictures of the wheel's later. These have not been tracked (I used the stock Enkei's for track days, NOT INCLUDED.)

Other modifications:

1. Specialty-X Stainless Steel Catback Exhaust on stiffer hangers. I know some of these had a tendency to hit the driveshaft. It looks like mine did once but no longer do after the stiffer hangers were installed (I marked the driver shaft to see and none of the new marking has rubbed off.) (I can include the OEM exhaust but it's a bit rusty.)
2. TWM Short Shifter, Base Bushings and Cable Bushings. (OEM parts included)
3. Speedcircuit Front Lip for factory air dam.

Interior:
All stock. Schroth harness briefly seen in picture is not included. You do however get an RCA to microplug cable so you can listen to your smart phone. Oh Yeah!

Maintenance:
All known recalls performed (just got the master clutch cylinder recall done.)
Oil changed with Mobil 1 every 5k miles.
15k service done at dealer, including transmission oil change.
Front brake pads (GiroDisc Magic Pads) have about 8mm left.
Front disc at ~30.8mm, Rear disc at ~20.7mm
Rear bake pads (EBC Redstuff) are brand new.
Alignment is setup for track use, high on camber. I have the computer readout somewhere.

Bad Stuff:
Has never been in an accident, all VIN stickers on all the body panels are present.
Has been tracked but has performed flawlessly on track. Never mis-shifted, over-revved, over-heated, got into limp mode, hit any walls, etc...
There's a couple of dings on the car, the biggest one being a nickel sized ding on the driver's side rear quarter panel. Rear bumper has some black scuff marks right below the trunk lid. The side aero piece's are a little loose (I have the factory repair kit but never got around to fixing them, repair kit included.) The driver's side side aero got hit by an errant truck tire chunk, their's no cosmetic damage but it need's some tweaking to get it to fit flush again (shouldn't be too hard, it just popped off on of the hooks, and there's a missing chunk on the inside.) Front has usual scratch's and dings for a car, look's pretty good, although the driver's side aero front lip has some bigger scuff mark's. I'll post pictures of all these eventually.
Windshield has been replaced with the most expensive brand (which I forget it's name, A something.) It does however now have another small chip missing, but no crack that is growing (previous window had cracked after being hit by a rock.)

Car will pass smog, nothing has been changed to make it fail. I'll probably get it smogged now that I'm posting it for sale.

I will be happy to work with you to get the car inspected at a mechanic so you can buy with confidence.

I'll post some more pictures of the car when I have some more time.

Ok, I don't know why all these pictures are uploading upside down. It's not like I'm in Australia . I'll fix that (I'm guessing there's orientation info in the meta data that's not being read in the upload.)

(1/11/2014, 8:22: Reuploaded images so they are right side up, having issues getting other pics up thought, sigh)
Attached Thumbnails 2008 GG GSR w/ SSS/Aero/Susp Mods, in SF Bay Area-img_2543.jpg   2008 GG GSR w/ SSS/Aero/Susp Mods, in SF Bay Area-img_2549.jpg   2008 GG GSR w/ SSS/Aero/Susp Mods, in SF Bay Area-img_0247.jpg  

Last edited by deludedbuzz; Jan 12, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reserving for additional pictures.