Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2014, 03:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)

Up for grabs is my fully built track-ready 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII. The following material conveys the history of the car, what was done to it while I owned it, information about its modifications, what it needs/lacks, why I'm selling it, and ultimately, what I'm hoping to get for it. Let's start with the history.

I purchased this car in July of 2012. Most of the modifications the car features presently were already on the car. I drove the car for the summer and some of the fall. It was kept in a heated garaged for the winter, started every 1-2 weeks so that the E85 wouldn't corrode the injectors. In March of 2013, I decided to have everything (Engine, Transmission, Head, etc.) pulled from the car with the intent of doing a full rebuild to get a fresh start with the car for the upcoming motor sports season. One thing lead to another and I spent all of the rest of 2013 rebuilding the car completely. The rebuild process went on into the winter so it was once again garaged until spring of 2014. With the rebuild completed in the spring, it has only been taken out on sunny days for break-in driving, that's about it.

VIN: JA3AH86D54U060830

Current Modifications:
Drivetrain:
AMS 2.3RR Stroker Motor (10.1:1 Compression)
Manley Internals
FP Black BB Ported Turbo
Shep Racing Stage 3 Transfer Case
Shep Racing Rear Diff
AMS Fuel Rail
Injector Dynamics 2200CC Injectors
Head Games Head Complete Stage 3
Rev 3 Intake Manifold
JM Fabrications Custom Intercooler Piping
Slowboy Racing FMIC
JM Fabrications Oil Catch Can
Exedy Twin-Disc HD Clutch
Shep Racing Stage 3 Transmission
Busher Racing Double-Pumper Fuel Pump
APR Fuel Filter
DNP Exhaust Manifold
DC Motorsports 3" Down-Pipe
Tomie Titanium Exhaust System
Megan Racing Performance Radiator
Spark-Tech Non-CDI COP Ignition System
NGK Iridium's (One-Step Colder)
Tuned For E85
ARP L19 Head Studs

Suspension:
Stance Pro-Comp Stage 3 GR+ Coilover's (32-way/3-Way Dampening)
Front and Rear Strut Braces
C-Pillar Internal Stabilizer

Wheels:
Toyo Proxy R888's (255/35 - 18x9.5) on Enkie NT-03 Rims (Powder-Coated Black)

Interior:
Fully Custom Roll Cage
5-point Quick-Release Harnesses
Back-Seat Delete/Fully Gutted Interior
GENIUNE Bride Low-Max Racing Seats
NRG Quick-Release Steering Wheel and Hub
AEM True Boost Gauge and Boost Controller
AEM Air/Fuel Gauge
Precision Motorsports Oil Pressure Gauge

Exterior:
Voltex Side-Skirts
Voltex Rear Diffuser
Varis Front Lip
House of Colors Custom Paint Job -- M3 Alpine White
Wingless/Keyless Trunk

The car received its break-in map at EFI Logics in CT. It was later tuned once more at Prime Motorsports in NJ by JR. The car made 530whp/450ft-lb on a relatively conservative tune with zero correction on a Mustang Dynamometer. This roughly equates to ~640-650whp on a Dynojet Dynamometer (just for comparison). There's plenty of room to up the power on the car. It's built to handle more.

As the car sits, there's 3,xxx miles on all major components. Everything but the transmission was rebuilt when the odometer read 121,400. It currently reads 124,600. The engine and all freshly rebuilt/new parts have been broken in properly according to manufacturer guidelines. The clutch is new, the tires are new, literally everything is new. The turbo is brand new and has less than 100 miles on it (It was installed on 6/15/14). The oil has been replaced every 1,000 miles thus far with Valvoline VR-1 Synthetic Racing Oil. The car runs smoothly. The only mechanical issue with the vehicle is with gear number three. It is notchy upon engagement; there's some subtle crunch when going into gear. All other gears function flawlessly and exhibit no notchiness or engagement issues whatsoever. Due to the setup, it has to be baby'd on a cold start but after a few minutes it idles perfectly fine. It is completely road-legal and currently inspected in NYS. The car recently had the paint treated and it was properly detailed. There is one section on the driver-side side-skirt where unfortunately some paint peeled off. Also, the powder-coating on a few sections of the wheels is beginning to peel off. Over-all, the exterior is in very good shape.

This car will scare you with how fast it is. It's a very hard-core car. It's not designed for comfort, it's designed for lap times and quarter-mile runs. It's ready to race. It handles like a go-cart; the suspension setup and the combination with the R888's makes this thing corner harder than any other car I've ever been in. It's a very sensory driving experience; you can hear everything, you can feel everything -- there's a ton of input from the car so you know exactly what it's doing, even when pushing it. It's a true driver's car.

I'm selling this car because I don't have the time to drive it as it deserves to be driven. With myself being the sole proprietor of computer repair business, I work 24/7 and seldom have time to actually enjoy the car. I had planned on seeing many track days and drag runs but I don't see myself getting out there enough to make the car worth-while. It doesn't deserve to be the garage queen it is now. I'm hoping the next owner can really tap into this car's potential on the track. The car, if you break down each component, as well as labor and other miscellaneous charges, has almost $80,000 into it. I am somewhat firm at $23,000 as the car sits with the transmission as it is. Remember, every major component is essentially new. I have receipts and documentation showing all major work done to the car to verify this claim. I am open to trading for a late-model BMW M3, preferably an E46 or an E92. I'm not interested in parting the car out. I am located in Albany, NY. You're welcome to come see the car. I'm willing to ship within reasonable distance (most of the NE area). For further distances, something can be worked out. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I can be reached via text at 518-577-8815, a PM, or email at JustinCestra@Yahoo.com - If you email me, please make the subject "Evo VIII". Text is preferred. I am happy to address and answer all questions and concerns.

More pictures can be found at the following link:
http://imgur.com/a/eztJj - I am happy to take more of specific things upon request.

Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)-evom.jpg   High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)-evom-2.jpg   High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)-evom-3.jpg  

Last edited by TheSigmaEnigma; Sep 26, 2014 at 12:17 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 08:03 PM

Nice evo. Jr tuned my evo to and it's a monster Glws.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I like you rims and the car is nice. It makes him look huge.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 08:54 PM

JR is one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever encountered when it comes to these cars. He certainly knows his stuff. Thanks for the comments!
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:38 PM

Information about the car has been updated and the price has been dropped to better reflect the condition of the car. It has been lowered.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 09:00 PM

PRICE DROP: $24,000 - This is a steal.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 10:10 AM

Getting a lot of interest but it's still up for grabs! Shoot me a message.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 01:23 PM

Bump for this steal.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:08 AM

Bump.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 01:12 PM

UPDATE: I'm open to trading for a late-model M3, either an E46 or E92.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

So did TRE or Jacks do the tranny?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:03 AM

It's originally a Shep transmission. As I was not the original purchaser, they refused to offer me their rebuild services. So I had the transmission rebuilt at Jack's.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheSigmaEnigma
It's originally a Shep transmission. As I was not the original purchaser, they refused to offer me their rebuild services. So I had the transmission rebuilt at Jack's.
Jacks won't service it before the sale?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 01:01 PM

To be honest, I had a very poor experience with them. After telling me it would cost $120 to ship the transmission to them and then getting a bill from FedEx for $650 in shipping costs, I didn't even want to bother contacting them or shipping it back again. I'm in NY, they're in IL. I planned on eventually getting the transmission re-serviced locally as opposed to shipping it out again but I've grown too busy to undertake such a task. So I'm just trying to sell it as is. Only cost me $800 for the actual rebuild tho so it's not a very expensive task (I have receipts). Again, just don't have the time to drop the tranny, send it somewhere, wait on it, and put it back in again.

Car's worth $27,000 in a fair market, so I'm essentially offering $3,000 for an $800 fix.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:41 PM

Still for sale! Price might go lower if nobody hops on this...

Quick Reply: [FS] High-HP FULLY Rebuilt Evo VIII (~3,000 Miles)