Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Northeast]: 2003 Evo, Reliable Daily Driver (Ohio)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Evo, Reliable Daily Driver (Ohio)

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR
I do not want to sell this car at all but it has to be done in order to pay some bills off. I always wanted an Evo and bought this a little over 2 years ago and have loved it since. It has never let me down and I have pretty much daily driven it since then. I bought the car with 120,xxx on it and now it has 155,xxx. The mileage will continue to go up as I drive it 75-100 miles a day. I put about 20,xxx on it between July 2013-March 2014 alone. I wouldn’t hesitate to drive this anywhere. It is a reliable Daily Driver/ Toy. Since I have owned the car I have done several tasteful modifications to it. See the list of modifications below…

Engine:
Kelford 264/260 Cams
Precision 880’s
Walboro 255
Ported/ Shaved/ and Powdercoated Intake Mani. (Insane Awesome Job done on this)
Ported Throttle Body
EGR has been deleted
Injen UICP
Injen LICP
Greddy RS BOV
TurboXS 4” FMIC (I’ll get exact dimensions)
Injen Intake
Evo 8 Turbo with the 10.5 upgraded hotside. Both have been ported out by TurboLab
Ported Stock Mani also by TurboLab
HKS Downpipe
Helix Test Pipe
HKS HiPower Catback
Competition Clutch Stage 3.5
Lightweight Flywheel
The car is tuned on 26 LBS by Slowmotion. Made 350whp / 380wtq
Other:
5Zigen FN01-RC 17x8 Satin Black
Tein Lowering Springs
Apex’i Turbo Timer
Defi 30psi Boost Gauge (Column Mount)
Older Kenwood CD Deck
Bolt in Harness Bar
Corbeau 4 Point HarnessesDeBadged
Wingless (But has a trunk lip spoiler)
Vortex Generator
DIY Front Lip
Carbon Fiber Front Badge
Battery relocated to the Trunk
Brand new Drilled/ Slotted Rotor with ceramic pads

Cons:
-The Tires are loud, and not the “smoothest” But they are only a few months old. They are Milestar 235/45/17’s. They do grip nice and seem to be holding up great for being a cheap tire.
-2 rust spots popped up over this nasty winter. 1 spot starting on the driver side quarter panel (bubbled and now has a small spot of rust showing though), and the bottom of the trunk passanger side. I was planning to get a replacement trunk because the underside is rusty in that spot as well and it would be easier to replace than fix in my opinion. The front bumper/ front end has normal paint chips/ cracks but doesn’t look awful.
-Every once in a while reverse is weird, doesn’t “go in” all the way.. all I do is move forward like an inch and it goes right in though. There really isn’t no drivability issue with this.
-I recently got a chip on my windshield which is now turning into a crack running horizontal about 6” from the bottom of the windshield. (I have intentions on replacing the windshield)

Overall though this Is a fun reliable Evo. It make just enough power to go out and have fun and not have to worry about breaking parts and can also Daily Drive with no issues either. I trapped 115mph in the ¼ mile. I have only take it to the track 3 times personally so I’m sure it could do better. Transmission shifts smooth and Engine runs strong. Interior is in real good shape for 152xxx miles and Exterior is nothing to be ashamed of. It shines up nice and gets a ton of attention. I would be glad to answer any questions and take anyone for a drive in the car, you can drive it to only if you are serious about wanting it.
Located in Youngstown Ohio I prefer text 3307283979
$13,500
I would take trade on something in the $7,000ish range plus the difference in cash on your end.
Attached Thumbnails 2003 Evo, Reliable Daily Driver  (Ohio)-evo.jpg   2003 Evo, Reliable Daily Driver  (Ohio)-2013-06-30_18-24-27_578-1.jpg   2003 Evo, Reliable Daily Driver  (Ohio)-dsc_0393-copy.jpg  
Old Aug 12, 2014, 07:25 PM

Winshield is now replaced.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Post pics with user name and date along with vin..thx
Old Oct 24, 2014, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Can we get a vin for the vehicle