Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidWest]: MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2016, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MI: 03 Lancer Evolution, MIVEC $12,900

SOLD SOLD SOLD

For sale is a mostly stock 2003 Lancer Evolution with 124,xxx miles. It has a freshly rebuilt Evo IX engine with working MI-VEC, and all other supporting Evo IX engine components (Turbo, ECU, cams, intercooler, etc). The engine runs strong from the rebuild and the car handles awesome with its newer tires. After a good wash, the paint still shines like new. The cars interior is in great shape, with no tears or bad smells. It’s been a non smoker car with no accidents that I know of. There is no underbody rust due to the undercoating the car has. I have the clean title in hand and is ready to be handed over to the next owner.

The engine has fresh bearings and rings with only 500 miles on the rebuild. It has new timing equipment, water pump, and OEM replacement clutch from Exedy. All gaskets were OEM Mitsubishi in addition to the piston rings. Fluids were changed on the transmission, transfer case, power steering, and the coolant system. The engine runs very smooth and pulls hard.

An undercoating has been applied, so there is very little rust on the underside. However, there are a couple surface rust spots starting to form on the body. Only on the inside of the door handles and one case of paint bubbles on the passenger quarter panel. There isn't any rust showing, so it's at the very early stages and shouldn't be a problem to fix. There are a couple dings on the car, but overall the paint is in great shape. An IX front bumper and JDM rear bumper have been installed as well as a VIS carbon fiber hood. The clear coat is fading on some spots of the hood, especially around the hood pins. It was painted Rotor Glow, an OEM Mitsubishi color, and after a nice wash and wax the paint still shines like new.

It rides well on stock suspension with no clunks. The tires have 80% tread, and the brakes have a lot of life left. I had an alignment done with factory specs, as well as a front end inspection with no problems found. For a stock car, this thing rips around corners.

My Evo has never been smoked in. The interior is very clean with no stains or fur from pets. None of the seats are torn; however, the driver’s seat is showing signs of wear. It also has a sunroof installed. It works well and doesn’t leak. A/C blows cold since I had it recharged recently.

Installed mods are:
ACL Race main and rod bearings, ARP headstuds, Walbro 255, full EGR delete, Megan downpipe, Magnaflow catback, Injen intake and upper intercooler piping, Evo IX diverter valve, Full ABS delete, Sony headunit, Innovate AFR gauge, Glow Shift 60psi boost gauge, Autometer 3 gauge pod. Evo IX front bumper, JDM rear bumper, JDM taillights, JDM power folding mirrors, VIS Racing Sports carbon fiber hood

The Negatives:
Shifting fast into third gear can result in a slight grind. I think the previous owner put the wrong fluid in it. Once I put the OEM fluid in the trans, it started shifting ALOT smoother. I don't think it should be an issue, but I thought I'd mention it.
The tires cause the car to pull to the right, and create abnormal howling while driving down the road. Once I swapped my winter tires off my other car, the noise went away and it tracked perfectly straight. The more I drive the car, the more the symptoms get better. I’m guessing once the tires wear down a little bit, the issues should go away. They still handle awesome, I’m pleasantly surprised with it.
The ABS has been deleted. This could be good or bad depending on the driver/application.

Asking: $12,900
The Price is firm. I'll entertain trades. Mostly looking for something unmodifed, or a 4x4 truck. Must be willing to add cash on top, unless car/truck is of equal value.

Overall this is a clean car. It runs and handles awesome. Just turn the key and go! The title is clear and in hand. Car is located in Northville, MI
Text is preferred @ 248-818-0658
Email: Klingadge@live.com
Or PM me here
Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2926.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2925.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2928.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2936.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2937.jpg  

MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2938.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2939.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2945.jpg   MI: 03 Lancer Evolution with Rebuilt IX Engine-img_2947.jpg  

Last edited by Klingadge; Nov 13, 2016 at 04:28 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old Jul 24, 2016, 06:23 PM

Someone come buy this car! Open to reasonable offers!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 02:45 PM

Price drop! Come buy this car!!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 05:21 AM

Bump!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 06:04 PM

Bump!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 07:30 AM

Bump!
Old Aug 27, 2016, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If i had the cash bump for you
Old Aug 30, 2016, 03:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't see any price , how much are u asking ?
Old Aug 31, 2016, 03:58 AM

Whoops, my bad. Asking 13,900. I had the price at the very top in the title. I just added it to the bottom of the listing.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 11:35 AM

Still Available!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 09:09 AM

Bump!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 04:26 PM

Still Available!
Old Oct 30, 2016, 06:14 AM

Bump!