Notices
For Sale - Group Buys Have a group buy going on? Post it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Gb: 4g94 Ripp Sds $3900

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2005, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lil red '03
Hey greenie - i got a co worker that has a vw golf 1.8 T. Will this kit take it ???
my bet is quite easily, depending how much he's modded it.

I looked up 1/4 times here:

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html

let say he runs a 15s flat (.2 off stock time). Now, its projected that my setup might run a 14.5 (this taken from kills that nextgen had when the setup was on his car). now a manual supercharged is pushing 230whp at least (i'm at 194) and has alot more torque. Your launch will be better and the gearing is better, you could/would probably break into the high 13's or at least very low 14's

bottom line: focus on bigger fish, he's fried
Old Aug 4, 2005, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EHUnlucky7x9
Hey, Green Psycho, quick question... think its worth havin a FI setup put onto a Lancer nearing 50K miles on it?
sure. the supercharged is much safer than a turbo kit. true, not as safe as staying stock, but it won't drastically reduce your engine life like a turbo kit

this is because the blower works with the engine. a turbo might dump 7 pounds of boost at 3k rpm into yoru engine. now, your engine really isn't revving that high or moving that fast, so do you think it can take that much boost? it can't, its just being stuffed down the engines throats by the turbo.

a supercharger on the other hand safely and uniformly builds boost as the engine rpms climb. so it will only deliver a safe amount of boost as a certain rpm, ie 5 pounds down low and 11 pounds at redline, when your rpms at its max, turning the cam shaft and thus valves at the max, so you can safely push that much more air into the engine.

I believe there are guys with ripp superchargers on there cars with like 70k miles on the car, 40k miles on the kit. that truly is an impressive number!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenPsycho
bottom line: focus on bigger fish, he's fried
Good nuff for me man - thanks
Old Aug 5, 2005, 05:55 AM
Account Disabled

was looking up some vr6 info and came across this:

Base price: 1.8T, $19,640; VR6, $22,570
Vehicle type: front-engine, front-drive; 3-door 5-passenger sedan
Interior volume, F/R/cargo (cu ft) 48/37/18
Wheelbase 98.9 in
Length/width/height 164.9/68.3/56.7 in
Turning circle 35.8 ft
Curb weight 2950–3050 lb
EPA city/hwy mpg 22–24/29–31
Fuel-tank capacity/range 14.5 gal/290–348 mi
Passive restraints driver and passenger front, side, and head (opt) airbags

POWERTRAIN
turbocharged and intercooled 1.8-liter DOHC 20-valve 4-in-line, 180 hp; 2.8-liter SOHC 24-valve V-6, 200 hp; 5- or 6-sp man, 5-sp auto

SUSPENSION
F ind, struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar
R ind, integral trailing arms, coil springs, anti-roll bar

BRAKES
F/R vented disc/disc
ABS standard
i didn't realize they weighed that much. so figure a car roughly our weight, and at the best (vr6) making 200hp to the crank, while manual supercharged lancers are making 230hp to the wheels! hell, i think I could take a vr6 (194 to the wheels for me and autos)
Old Aug 5, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

I did some wishful thinking last night - this is a good way to blow my travel pay

SDS GB + install - $ 5000
Works stage 1 clutch - $ 329
Works flywheel - $ 399
RRM pistons - $ 700
RRM rods - $ 800
RRM LSD - $ 900
RPW s/c camshaft stage 2 - $ 489

TOTAL - $ 8617.

OUCH
Old Aug 5, 2005, 06:50 PM
Account Disabled

yeah, i was pricing pistons, rods and ported heads the other night too. its going to be quite a lot, but imagine running 18psi or so on the supercharger. hell, if it peaks at 18psi @ redline, you'll probably be close to 9psi @ 3k or so. thats pretty sweet

but first things first, get the supercharger and then go from there
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How hard is the install? What kind of tools would be needed?
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

install is pretty easy (compared to a turbo install or complete overhaul). the hardest part is probably wiring up the electronics stuff and running wires/tubing for everything.

for the supercharger itself, you just bolt up the brackets, slap on the shaft system, do the piping to the intake, and then slap on and tension the belt.

if you've never done anything seriously mechanical before, i'd say have a shop (make sure its a competent shop) do it, but alot of guys have done it themselves and if you have the right knowledge and tools (a good size tool set, sockets, wrenches, etc) then you should be good to go
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My father has lots of tools.. every socket you could want, air tools, etc. I don't know of any shops around where I moved to so I'd have to find that out. Have you had the chance to drive your lancer yet?
Old Aug 6, 2005, 01:54 PM
Account Disabled

yeah, i'd say your probably ok to install it yourself. you might need a special tool for putting on the belt

yeah, i've had the car back for like a week. I put a thread up in lancer FI if you want to check it out. I'm working on some videos too.

I've given rides to 4 other members on here, so they can vouch for it too. The power is just pretty nuts. I get torque steer up to 40 or so mph, it pulls real nice, so much better than stock or even a nicely modded n/a car (which I had). The only thing I can compare it too really is its kinda like someone slapping a v6 or v8 in your car. the powerband is real smooth, real linear and it just pulls
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

i think im interested......all i need is this kit and the guages?
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

For the most part yes. The stock internals are safe up to about 9 or 10 psi. If u wanna boost higher than that, you'll need forged pistons and rods. New head studs wouldn't hurt either.
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:40 AM
Account Disabled

yup, just the kit and of course pick up some gauges so you can monitor necessary stuff (i like egt, oil pressure and boost)

actually, the lancers stock internals are good up to and probably past 11psi (i'm running 11 psi on my setup now and that is what the turbo kits top off at). But if you go higher, you will need to build up the internals. No worries though, cause the RIPP kit is limited to 11psi, so no worries about blowing
Old Aug 9, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

well i think im gonna see how much loot i can get.....if its enough.....im in, im sick of srt 4s smoking me
Old Aug 9, 2005, 02:52 PM
Account Disabled

here's a link to RIPP's thread on the group buy:

http://www.rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1538

heres the info:

Lancer Group buy:

RIPP is pleased to have finished the 2005 upgrades the Lancer ES/OZ (4G94). As requested we are putting the Lancer OZ kit up for sale at an introductory price of $3899.95.

This kit is jammed packed with product…

• RIPP SDS (Supercharger Drive System)
• Vortech V5-Gtrim Supercharger
• RIPP BOV
• RIPP Black Box (pre-programmed fuel and timing control)
• RIPP Boost Cooler (intercooler)
• Injectors
• Fuel pressure regulator
• Walboro fuel pump
• Oil return/feed lines
• 4ply silicon couplers
• Color instruction manual
• All hardware needed

This system has proven to be the most reliable kit to date since it’s inception in late 02 we have reported zero engine failures, which is something no other kit can claim. Bolt on the security of a Supercharger and you unlock all the horsepower your car really has.

Group By terms
RIPP will require a $1000.00 deposit on 5 units by September 10. 2005 this will lock in the price for 90days in total. So you can use this time to layaway (make weekly or month payments at zero interest). Total price will be $3899.95 (retail 4199.95) a savings of $300 and a total saving of over $3000 should you purchase everything individually. If you are ready to by but want to save the money up (and are bad with saving money) let RIPP do it for you. We will provide the savings (both kinds).

Promotional sales:
RIPP will also allow 3 individuals to purchase kits on sale at the promotional price of $3999.95 ($4199.95 retail) a savings of $200 and a total saving of over $3000 should you purchase everything individually. There will be no need for a group buy situation with this sale, if you are ready to invest and want the kit now without the hassle of waiting for others to jump on board; this is the sale for you.

If you have any questions please feel free to post or contact RIPP via e-mail or directly by phone:

718-442-4723 x 10 or 11
rippmods@rippmods.com

Both sales and deposits are none refundable, a 20% restocking fee will be applied to all returned items; RIPP does not disclaim its items or any items as CARB legal check with your local law for further information. RIPP is not responsible for user or installer error after you receive the system.

If you have any questions, ask away

Quick Reply: Gb: 4g94 Ripp Sds $3900