Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Group Buy Dominick Irragi High Output Alternator for Evolutions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2007, 04:44 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not yet, with the holliday season all of the shippers are slow. These were shipped out the exact same day that the majority of retail stores had their orders shipped for the after thanksgiving sales.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't start to show up till early next week.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 02:29 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my email confirmation from UPS that my alternator was shipped today!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Me too!
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
Account Disabled

I got an E-mail confirmation that it was shipped, however when I got home, my alternator was sitting on the porch. I think the E-mail confirmations went out a bit late.

I will write a post tomorrow evening with "how to" build an upgraded alternator cable.

This weekend, I will try and post a how-to on changing the alternator. I have read on this board that some people have made it very easy by removing the front right half-shaft...

I will let you know ASAP
Old Nov 27, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

still waiting for my confirmationlalallalalalall
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

evo, I am in FL, which usually is just a 2 day shipping from TN, you are like 4 days. and remember I said they were "starting to" ship. Meaning that they all didn't go out at the same time. I believe Dom may be working his way down the list.

Don't worry people, they will be there soon :-)
Old Nov 27, 2007, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
evo, I am in FL, which usually is just a 2 day shipping from TN, you are like 4 days. and remember I said they were "starting to" ship. Meaning that they all didn't go out at the same time. I believe Dom may be working his way down the list.

Don't worry people, they will be there soon :-)
i know that it takes time i thought maybe a tracking number or some sort of email but i know it a long list
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled

Sorry guys, didn't get to the cable how-to today, work issues, and the lack of availability of copper lug ends here in Bum-F florida have put a slow down on the post.

In reading the instructions from Dominick, He says to run a 4 gauge wire parallell the factory alternator wire (from the positive post of the alternator to the positive post of the battery. He says then to run a 4 gauge ground wire from the alternator body to the "frame" of the vehicle (I believe this to mean the box-section of our unibodies), then to run a 4 gauge ground wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the same mounting point on the chassis. Then ANOTHER wire parallel with the factory wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the factory mounting point.

Now, this means there are 4 wires.

1 alternator (+) post ------------> Battery (+) post (in addition fo factory)
2 alternator chassis ------------> mounting point on box section of frame
3 battery (-) post -----------------> mounting point on box section of frame
4 battery (-) post -----------------> factory groung point (in addition to factory)

However I was considering rather than running 4 gauge wire in addition to the factory wire, just replacing it with 1/0 gauge wire. I have found some sweet, ULTRA flexible 1/0 wire, but it's rather pricy at about $12 per foot. It seems that my initial $10 estimate for the wires was a little optimistic. even the 4 gauge wire was $3 per foot!

I will still be offering to build the wires for people at cost of materials and shipping, I will also post that how-to for those that want to do it yourself. The how-to will have all the lengths and parts/materials needed.

I will make two options one with 4 gauge to piggy back the factory wire, and one with 1/0 gauge to replace the factory wire.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

awesome can't wait
Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
Sorry guys, didn't get to the cable how-to today, work issues, and the lack of availability of copper lug ends here in Bum-F florida have put a slow down on the post.

In reading the instructions from Dominick, He says to run a 4 gauge wire parallell the factory alternator wire (from the positive post of the alternator to the positive post of the battery. He says then to run a 4 gauge ground wire from the alternator body to the "frame" of the vehicle (I believe this to mean the box-section of our unibodies), then to run a 4 gauge ground wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the same mounting point on the chassis. Then ANOTHER wire parallel with the factory wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the factory mounting point.

Now, this means there are 4 wires.

1 alternator (+) post ------------> Battery (+) post (in addition fo factory)
2 alternator chassis ------------> mounting point on box section of frame
3 battery (-) post -----------------> mounting point on box section of frame
4 battery (-) post -----------------> factory groung point (in addition to factory)

However I was considering rather than running 4 gauge wire in addition to the factory wire, just replacing it with 1/0 gauge wire. I have found some sweet, ULTRA flexible 1/0 wire, but it's rather pricy at about $12 per foot. It seems that my initial $10 estimate for the wires was a little optimistic. even the 4 gauge wire was $3 per foot!

I will still be offering to build the wires for people at cost of materials and shipping, I will also post that how-to for those that want to do it yourself. The how-to will have all the lengths and parts/materials needed.

I will make two options one with 4 gauge to piggy back the factory wire, and one with 1/0 gauge to replace the factory wire.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome, good luck with the install!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

any word on if he's going down the list?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
Account Disabled

He is I believe, but if you have any questions about your order alone, I am sure you can E-mail him directly (same E-mail you paypaled to). just be warned, he typically takes 2-3 days to respond.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

thanks a ton for this.. i cant buy now, but i have been needing this for some time.. you really saved me.. one other thing, was there a core return.. sorry if i missed that.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 04:50 PM
Account Disabled

There is no core charge, keep your current alternator if there is any issues down the line.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

Got mine tonight!

Quick Reply: Group Buy Dominick Irragi High Output Alternator for Evolutions