Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

~~FS~~Canada: 08+ Lancer EVO X Fiberglass Rear bumper *with brackets, needs bodywork

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2008, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~~FS~~Canada: 08+ Lancer EVO X Fiberglass Rear bumper *with brackets, needs bodywork

I have finally gotten around to getting my old bumper back on. Make a long story short, Late last year I secured a EVO X rear bumper bodykit from www.bodykits.com for about 400 bucks inc. shipping. So excited and full of joy I stopped at nothing to get that bumper prepped painted and installed. 1000 dollars later, with astronomically high cost over runs from, super intensive bodywork prepping, fabrication of custom brackets so it can be mounted, and then painting.

Then not even 3 days of having that kit on the car, my girlfriend calls me with bad news, she told me that some 17 year old kid rear ended the car when she was driving in the east side of town. I dropped the phone, walked downstairs, and began to put gas in the old chainsaw I have downstairs in the garage.... ok that part is made up, but the thought of going on a rampage did cross my mind lol.

I saw the damage, it was bad but not fatal. One of the very few saving graces of this bodykit is that the quality is above normal strength in terms of average fiberglass. the structure of the fiberglass held together very well and only spider cracks are visible.
Second saving grace is, you can do anything with fiberglass, if you know what you are doing or have a shop that has the time, you can modify, rebuild, cut rebuild again.
In this case, the damage portions can be worked with and eventually restored.
The other bonus is, that I have retained the brackets that were made for this rear bumper, without them, you can not mount this onto your car. (bodykits.com) didnt tell you that before you bought it. Its a nasty sticker shock to find out so much work is needed to get it on.

So this is what I am selling, my old bumper, right off my car. I am now installing a bodykit lip instead. much less work.

PM me for a price
Attached Thumbnails ~~FS~~Canada: 08+ Lancer  EVO X Fiberglass Rear bumper *with brackets, needs bodywork-shopwork.jpg  

Last edited by evo_soul; Sep 4, 2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump for a nice guy that also lives in T.O.