Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Canadian]: OEM EVO 8/9 JDM MR Headlights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM EVO 8/9 JDM MR Headlights

Here are for sale a set of JDM MR headlights . Seems to be the VIII version since they are flat black on the inside .

Theses were on mon IX MR when I imported the car from Florida back in 2010 .

The pictures (that actually sucks I know ) were taken last week when i removed them . There is absolutely nothing wrong with them , works perfectly , no broken tab or whatever .
I would say they were in a 8/10 condition .
So I just dropped them off to a professionnal shop to restore them . The guy will sand , polish , clean and then will put a clear protection on the lens . Not sure how this is call , i will ask him . I will get the headlights back in a few days and they should be 9.5/10 or like new condition . I will post better pictures as well and include a paper with my username ( completly forgot before sending them . )

Comes with HID and every bulbs !

Looking to get SOLD . Expect a minimum of 50$ shipping fee , depending of your location .

Please do not ask me to take 46 pictures of differents angles . As I said , i will post new clear pictures in a few days when i will get them back . But feel free to ask me anything else ! Thank you !

Last edited by blacktab420; Feb 25, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 06:27 PM
Evolving Member

Okay , here is the deal .

I really tought the headlights would come back from the shop near as new . But it's not the case . I reallly want to be honest as possible and not fooling anyone . In fact , this will not help my sale at all , but don't want any kind of misunderstanding .

Trust me the lights are in great condition , what i'll show you is almost only visible when you have the headlights in hands so you can turn it around every side to see the light coming on every angle .

On the car , this isn't reallly noticeable , unless you put your face at 6 inches of the headlights .

the guys told me that thoses very very tiny ''stress cracks ''on the lens are results of the heat produced by the headlights bulbs . Understand that the lens is not actually cracked , but sanding them did not made disapeared it . There is no eventual problem for any moisture .

I could had just showed you pictures that did not show what I am talking about . But this is not honest so I was able with the flash on to show it . Don't freak out , it looks horrifics with the flash , but as I said , it's barely noticeable on the car , even when they are ON .

I still consider the lights in 8/10 condition . You are still getting OEM JDM Evo 8 MR headlights coming with all bulbs and oem ballast .

No one ever talked me about thoses tiny cracks when the lights were on my car ....

It really depends on the angle of the lights on it .

The shop wanted to put a light tinted protective film because they said it would mask everything but I said no . I want to sale this thing OEM but if I were to keep them , i would do this .

I dropped the price as well .

Last edited by blacktab420; Feb 22, 2015 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

I got a lot of interest on my headlights . Just to clarify , I should not use the word '' crack'' . I just can't find the right word in english . The lens are smooth just like if you were touchin a freshly waxed car . If you take you nail and pass it on the lens , you won't feel anything . No moisture at all could pass though the lens . It's just like swirl on a paint ...
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

I got the same "stress" cracks. It's definitely on the inside. Even then you can't feel a crack on the inside.