Notices
For Sale - Interior / Exterior / Sound / Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, stereo and other sound and styling components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[Northeast]: FS:OEM original WW hood

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2016, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS:OEM original WW hood

I'm selling my OEM WW hood, it's 98% mint has a couple small road stone chips but over all considering its 10 years old it's mint has original paint and all the stickers n ever the VIN sticker on it asking 650.00 Obo I'm firm on the price considering its over 1000$ to buy one from the dealer plus paint, and this one is all original with all the markings/stickers n pieces

Last edited by Giuna99; Jul 16, 2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condition not really as described

EvoM posters please be aware. This isnt to crap on this thread but there is more information unsaid here.

I do not want another user in the same situation wasting travel/time/money

If this hood was mint, i would have quick bought it for 650. It is not anywhere near mint, not even in a relative sense.

I looked at this hood 7/16/16 after multiple documented conversations with the OP about the conditon. I was abundantly clear what i expected and he confirmed it as "mint."

This morning I drove 6 hours to pick up this hood, a trunk(https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...ess-trunk.html) and what was described as many more items in excellent shape. After leaving at 3am to make reasonable time i received a text 4 minutes before arrival:

"hey I washed the hood off to make sure there was no scraps in it, n it's in 99% condition just a coupe small road stone marks, no debts or anything , just need buffed to get some of the hunk off"

This is not to slander or prevent the OP from selling the part but the hood is corroded on the underside of it and the paint underneath is bubbling - there are many chips albeit small and the leading edge of the hood has been rested on concrete or driveway; it IS scuffed along the edge. There is a gash on the underside down to the metal. The hood is in fair/good condition, absolutely not mint. The picture for example is taken in a garden, corners in the mud. I took a couple photos of the bubbling geotagged in my phone.

The situation for me after expressing disappointment about the condition then verbally turned into "i know you drove 6 hours, i dont want you to do anything you dont want to do" - which if you can imagine to someone in a dire situation may have felt like they were trapped in other words, you drove 6 hours you dont want to leave empty handed.

This is in no way "mint" for a 10 year old hood, respectfully. I just want other buyers to be aware of the lack of accuracy and subjective nature of "mint".

Obviously cell phone pictures dont show any detailed imperfections, only general condition.

Buyers beware, nice personality, nice young man but item condition is different than subjectively described in a way that you can only see up close.

Then truck I purchased was fair enough for the money, but after OP said only test fit, THEN only a month. It appears visually as considerably more than a month of use. Lots of built of dirt.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:05 AM
KJS
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^

Can also back this story up. Shady seller when I tried to contact him about some parts.