Notices
For Sale - Miscellaneous Automotive Includes miscellaneous automotive related items only.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Valentine V1 (Excellent Condition)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Valentine V1 (Excellent Condition)

Hey..

I have a V1 that has been sitting here for about a year .. I used that thing 3 times .. when i used to drive from Boise, ID to Vegas.. It saved me alot of tickets . I am sure you guys know how good the V1 is

anyways .. i want to sell it but i dont know how much its worth .. i went on ebay to check for prices and that thing still is $350+

the serial number on the V1

Unit is in excellent condition, I didn't upgrade it to that pop thing as i honestly think its not worth it

Anyways, i am accepting best offers.. didn't decide on the price but its going to be around.. $320 OBO

PM me for more info

thanks
Old Sep 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Does it have pop?
Old Sep 25, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

no

bump
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interesting info when i plugged in the Serial number

Upgrade Proposal for Your Valentine One
Serial Number 3653990698

Our POP Upgrade* for this series of V1 will produce the following benefits:

Full Coverage on POP—covers POP on two bands—specifically the MPH Industries models BEE III (Ka band) and Enforcer (K and Ka).

POP Coverage is Automatic:
There's nothing you must do to activate POP coverage. It's built in, and it operates full time.

How to identify V1s upgraded to two-band POP:
V1 powers up with test sequence of warning lights and sounds. At the conclusion of the test, just before the mode indicator appears in the Bogey Counter, you will see a sequence of “P…o…P” on V1s with two-band POP coverage.

* A new warning: When the signal-identification system determines that a current warning is, in fact, a spurious signal transmitted by another detector, it notifies you with a “dee-dah-doo” sound and terminates the warning. At the same time, the letter “J” will flash briefly in the Bogey Counter.

* Euro Mode: You will enjoy longer radar range and fewer false alarms in European driving. Euro Mode adapts V1’s radar sensitivity to the way radar is used for photo enforcement in Europe. It narrows and intensifies radar coverage to K and the sections of Ka bands applied there to photo radar. X band is not covered in Euro Mode. (V1 is already optimized for North American radar as it comes from the factory. Euro Mode is not appropriate for driving here.)

This upgrade will install the Euro Mode but you must activate it. To activate, see http://www.valentine1.com/lab/MikesLabRpt3.asp

One-year limited warranty starting at upgrade date, same as new units.

*POP Upgrade plus Euro Mode: As soon as we receive your old unit (in operable condition with no tampering of the serial number) we’ll install revised firmware and some new hardware, then return it to you in the shortest possible time with a new serial number to indicate its revised capability.

PRICE: $139 plus shipping
Old Sep 25, 2008, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

So yea 320 + 140 = 460 so yea that's way too expensive.. You can get it Brand Spanking new for 400. So considering thing depreciate in value I think a fair price for this unit would be $285 Which would bring the prince to 325$ after upgrade about 75$ off original price. But considering shipping isn't calculated I would say 275$ not including shipping. I know it's not what you're thinking but keep in mind why would people buy this older outdated model from you if they can just buy a new Radar Detector with the latest specs for cheaper. You need to subtract the cost to upgrade to get a reasonable offer.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

BTW I have one and the POP mode if you live in a urban city like Chicago is a Must. All these use around here are POP. It's totally worth it and needed.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jedi_Gill
So yea 320 + 140 = 460 so yea that's way too expensive.. You can get it Brand Spanking new for 400. So considering thing depreciate in value I think a fair price for this unit would be $285 Which would bring the prince to 325$ after upgrade about 75$ off original price. But considering shipping isn't calculated I would say 275$ not including shipping. I know it's not what you're thinking but keep in mind why would people buy this older outdated model from you if they can just buy a new Radar Detector with the latest specs for cheaper. You need to subtract the cost to upgrade to get a reasonable offer.
Jedi_Gill,

I want 285 for this unit, I am just considering the shipping and paypal fees. Did u get the point that 320 OBO?

I could easily upgrade it but the main purpose of this radar that i am using it for is long distance trips and not icity driving .. Reading the reviews about the pop, i dont think its a MUST in highway/long distance trips

cheers buddy
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

250 shipped
Old Sep 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates?
Old Sep 28, 2008, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member