Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Motive Products Power Bleeder

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: Motive Products Power Bleeder

New, never used. Bleed your brakes with ease, Model 0101, Universal for Mitsubishi and other imports. Normally $67 shipped from Motive

$50 shipped new from me.

PM me!
Old May 8, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old May 8, 2006, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm interested. got some more info/pics or a link for it?
Old May 9, 2006, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
post the pics.
Old May 9, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

do you know what number the cap is and what number the kit is? i know some kits don't come with the mitsu cap and it makes a difference. there is a universal cap and a mitsu cap (actually its a 3 prong ford cap i believe). its like another 25 to get the "special" cap.

Last edited by EvilBlueEvo8; May 9, 2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old May 11, 2006, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

The universal cap works just fine. Here are the pics
Attached Thumbnails FS: Motive Products Power Bleeder-motive.jpg  
Old May 12, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

How do you know it works just fine if you've never used this? From what I read, using the universal cap is kinda sketchy. You're better off with the Ford 3 prong cap which fits our reseviours perfectly.
Old May 12, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilBlueEvo8
How do you know it works just fine if you've never used this? From what I read, using the universal cap is kinda sketchy. You're better off with the Ford 3 prong cap which fits our reseviours perfectly.
Because I borrowed the same unit from a friend when I had a different vehicle a number of years ago. It is not "sketchy", it works just fine. I had changed my brake lines to braided SS lines and had a problem with bleeding the brakes. I ordered the Motive Power Bleeder, but fixed my problem before it came in the mail. So consequently I had no need for it.

Just because you have read something on an internet chat board does not mean it is correct, please do not make inaccurate statements that will affect not only my sale but sales of others because you read some BS on the internet.

If you are interested or have questions, please PM me. Thanks
Old May 12, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolving Member

can I use it for the clutch also?
Old May 12, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

I would think so as the clutch master cylinder is connected to the brake master cylinder.
Old May 13, 2006, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoracerx
Just because you have read something on an internet chat board does not mean it is correct, please do not make inaccurate statements that will affect not only my sale but sales of others because you read some BS on the internet.
What I read was customer experience right from her on EVOM and they were not BS like you are trying to state. What the different people state was that is was difficult to try to use that universal cap because of the hooks and chains that are required to secure the cap to the resevoir and that per recommendation of Motive Products, to use the Ford 3 Prong cap (1107 I believe) because it screws right on and will not require hooks or chains to hold the cap down which and potentially cause a pressure leak.

And lastly, get your panties out of a bunch cause I was not making inaccurate statements to ruin your sale. I was actually going to buy this from you until I did some reading, visited Motive's site and read the application guide, and spoke to a Motive representative via phone myself to confirm what I had read. I simply posted it here to inform others of this information so they may have answers to their questions and to help them make an informed decision.

In all fairness, the univeral kit you are selling will work for MORE applications including the EVO because its UNIVERSAL (see Motive's application chart for cap 1101). The Ford 3 Prong cap will ONLY fit Fords and a few select cars like the EVO (see Motive's application chart for cap 1107).
Old May 13, 2006, 05:27 PM
Evolving Member

Time to get my panties bunched up. I am just trying to sell something that works well with the EVO and other cars. I have unused stuff in my garage that has got to go. The person you spoke about who used a similar system may have had problems, maybe because they were not using it correctly. I don't know, but there is no reason for you to post on my for sale add claims that insinuate my power bleeder does not work with the EVO well. What are you trying to accomplish here. Please do not post anymore false accusations or for that manner anything else on my for sale add.

Thanks

On another note, Motive power bleeder is still for sale. PM me if there are any questions.

Thanks