Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts

I have the following for sale:

Ohlins Road and Track coilovers (used)
1 way adjustable 25 click settings
have 5000 miles on them
Front 2 need a rebuild (ususally $80-100 per shock from Works)
SOLD!

Ground Control Caster/Camber plates (used)
Come with all the necessary hardware
Allow you to control both Caster and Camber
Come with 2.5 inch upper spring perches, you can always buy a buy extras from Ground control if you have a different ID spring ($15 per spring perch from GC)
www.ground-control.com
Also if you want to be cheap, the spring perches can be taken to a local machine shop with a lathe and "reduced" to the appropriate size for cheap. (~$10)
SOLD!

Works Rear Pillow Ball mounts (new)
Comes with all the necessary hardware
Asking $120 shipped
Attached Thumbnails FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-camber-plate.jpg   FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-rear-pillow-ball.jpg  

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Jun 27, 2007 at 01:02 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5000 miles and they need to be rebuilt??
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, the front seals are slightly leaking oil, they were sitting in my garage unused for a long time ... seals/rings just need to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-bottom-front-ohlins.jpg  

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Jun 20, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

pictures?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be posting them up sometime this weekend ...
Attached Thumbnails FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-apart-ohlins.jpg  

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Jun 20, 2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for a good seller!
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
I'll be posting them up sometime this weekend ...
cool, ill be waiting for them.....

who would i send them to for a rebuild?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry weekend got busy and I didn't get the time to upload pics but expect them sometime this week. A lot of family stuff going on (father's day). As for rebuilding them, it can be done by Works.

www.worksevo.com

or Ohlins USA

www.ohlinsusa.com

Cost is about $80 - $110ish per shock. If I don't get enough interest for these shocks for the "cheap" price I'm offering. I'll send the fronts in to get revalved/rebuilt myself and bump up the price significantly. They normally cost more than KW V3s (so that should give you an idea) and are better, IMHO. These shocks, for those that don't know, are some of the best budget shocks you can buy for the EVO.

1. Its a monotube shock with special valving on the compression side that is unheard of in a budget shock. Which means it can be super comfy and very quick reacting on the street and then be set to super hard for the track.

2. The valving is so well designed that the click settings actually make a hugh difference in low speed compression and rebound while high speed remains unchanged (what you want in a good set of coilovers), unlike the cheapo products you see everyone buying in this forum.

3. The shock is very consistent = well balanced car. Which means each setting is almost identical across shocks unlike cheap stuff eg: Tein, Megans, Koni yellows, etc where the same setting on 2 different shock will produce different settings. This can lead to an unbalanced car and handling problems.

4. The shock is very high quality, it can take a lot of punishment and will not fall apart like some of the cheaper stuff is known to.

5. It is very consistent because it is monotube where it will stay same and not over heat unlike twin tube shocks. Whether it is being used for 5 mins or hours of harsh operation.

6. It is stainless steel in construction which means it can take the harsh winter/wet road conditions and salt without any worry of corosion.

There is a reason why Chronohunter has a set of Ohlin's R&Ts on his car. A lot of well known Race teams use Ohlins because of their quality

Thanks for the bump Ookami!
Attached Thumbnails FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-combined-ohlins.jpg  

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Jun 20, 2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Bump! updated thread with pics of Ohlins. There are a few nuts that come with the coilover that I haven't shown in the picture. I also have a "coilover" box specifically designed to properly ship them without any damage.
Attached Thumbnails FS: Ohlins Road and Track, GC Camber/Castor Plates, Works Rear Pillow Ball Mounts-top-rear-ohlins.jpg  
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe I missed it..but what are the spring rates? Are they a custom rate/valved setup or just an out of the box setup.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

These are 250 lb/in (4.5k) in the front and 310 lb/in (5.5k) in the rear. They are setup using the stock valving but they can always be revalved to higher spring rates. The stock valving can support higher spring rates upto a point.
Old Jun 21, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Somebody get these.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

In case people are wondering, the reason for the leaks on the front 2 shocks has been determined. The original owner had used anti-siege on the top of the upper mounts of the shock (a big no no), only on the front 2. The anti-siege seeped down overtime and ruined the seal on the shock. I spoke with an Ohlins engineer and confirmed this.

I bought these shocks used, never put them on my car once. Didn't know they were leaking until the begining of this month because I took the time to take off the upper spring perches, springs and dust boots. In case any of you are wondering you aren't supposed to use anything except a very very light amount of (axle) grease on those parts. That is why the shocks leaked after only 5K miles. The original owner assured me they had been used on the street and a few time on the track.

If I don't get any serious offers by the end of this week, I'll get the front 2 rebuilt/revalved myself.

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Jun 25, 2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Bump thread updated. Someone buy those rear pillow ball mounts ...