Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Muellerized Moton Suspension

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by talentsearch301
Thats what I was told when they (Mueller's camp) was putting together a Moton suspension package for me... that I had to sign a disclosure for spring rates

They ask you all mods done to your car before they put together your setup, so ...yeah it may be vehicle specific
It is, there is a whole list of **** you have to fill out then he does them for you.

They are all different hence why I asked. I might still be interested thought
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by talentsearch301
Thats what I was told when they (Mueller's camp) was putting together a Moton suspension package for me... that I had to sign a disclosure for spring rates

They ask you all mods done to your car before they put together your setup, so ...yeah it may be vehicle specific
...but there's no rocket science or magic fairy dust involved in making these work. No matter how "vehicle specific" it may be, these are still Motons, and they are still flexible enough to work for almost any setup. They are not POS pick-a-color eBay crap shocks. There is no "+/- 2kg" BS with these like with Megan/KrapSport/whatever.

If it were me, I'd care less about what spring rates were on these - I'd just put them on the car, and go. Don't like the balance? Sell the springs and pick up some Hypercos or Swifts or whatever in spring rates that you DO know and like. IIRC, off-the-shelf Clubsports can handle spring rates from about 400lbs to 1000lbs without a revalve, so for most people, the world is pretty much your oyster. I don't know what Mueller does to them, but I highly doubt he would make the valving any worse.

Point is, if you can afford it, you'd be dumb to not pick these up at this price. A new set of Clubsports will run right around $5000 these days, and that's without springs/upper mounts/camber plates. Good luck with the sale to whoever is selling these now...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Mueller sells them NEW for $5000 with springs tophats... complete with whiteline supension components included in the package deal

Originally Posted by spool_sample
...but there's no rocket science or magic fairy dust involved in making these work. No matter how "vehicle specific" it may be, these are still Motons, and they are still flexible enough to work for almost any setup. They are not POS pick-a-color eBay crap shocks. There is no "+/- 2kg" BS with these like with Megan/KrapSport/whatever.

If it were me, I'd care less about what spring rates were on these - I'd just put them on the car, and go. Don't like the balance? Sell the springs and pick up some Hypercos or Swifts or whatever in spring rates that you DO know and like. IIRC, off-the-shelf Clubsports can handle spring rates from about 400lbs to 1000lbs without a revalve, so for most people, the world is pretty much your oyster. I don't know what Mueller does to them, but I highly doubt he would make the valving any worse.

Point is, if you can afford it, you'd be dumb to not pick these up at this price. A new set of Clubsports will run right around $5000 these days, and that's without springs/upper mounts/camber plates. Good luck with the sale to whoever is selling these now...
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Motons are excellent, but JRZ is knocking them out of the box right now

even though both owners used to partners
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

To me JRZ's are whats new and fresh and "in" and Motons are hot but starting to sound like a thing of the past... my 2 cents
Old Mar 18, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

I love both suspensions though
Old Mar 19, 2010, 12:38 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Spoolsample: that's my point. These are not some ebay GENERIC coilover that can be thrown on any car. It's a custom setup for his car. Neither of know what's involved in "Muellerization" as it seems to be an uber-magical secret.
Is it custom valving or is it as simple as prescribing one of four pre-made packages that they pick for you?
I was just asking if these are built for the OP's RS, specifically.
I wouldn't buy a suit that's been tailored for someone else, either.
If simply swapping springs to preference is all that's needed? Awesome. That's why I asked.
FWIW: I think the idea of a suspension tuner/builder making a setup just for my car is pretty damned cool. Three thumbs up.

Oh. And LOVE these coilovers if I hadn't just ordered a new FMIC. :-(
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

they are sold.

thanks guys!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by luckybull
they are sold.

thanks guys!
Something sounds kindda fishy here. OP sells the suspension. luckybull buys it and then sells it before he even have the suspension. So he's using the funds from the person he sells to pay for the suspension. Hope the guy he sells to get his stuff otherwise someone is going to be
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:12 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
Something sounds kindda fishy here. OP sells the suspension. luckybull buys it and then sells it before he even have the suspension. So he's using the funds from the person he sells to pay for the suspension. Hope the guy he sells to get his stuff otherwise someone is going to be
buy cheap. sell for profit.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolNinja

wow. you are a dumbass.

i have had the suspension on my car already. i LOVE them. they are a great setup! for personal reasons which i do NOT care to share with you, i have to sell them. keep your nose out of places it doesnt belong. you have no idea about me, or anything else. kindly STFU.

Kaj,

that would be a negative as well.

mods lock this thread so no more dip****s post things they dont know or dont understand.

thanks
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:14 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by luckybull
wow. you are a dumbass.

i have had the suspension on my car already. i LOVE them. they are a great setup! for personal reasons which i do NOT care to share with you, i have to sell them. keep your nose out of places it doesnt belong. you have no idea about me, or anything else. kindly STFU.

Kaj,

that would be a negative as well.

mods lock this thread so no more dip****s post things they dont know or dont understand.

thanks
no reason to get upset. it's a "weird" situation and does seem fishy. no big deal. you bought them and can't keep 'em. you don't owe anyone an explanation.

so they are for sale again? link to ad? i'm still interested.. just hard to drop this kinda $$$ on a part i don't need quite yet, but will later. LOL
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

they are no longer for sale.

went like this.
i bought them. installed them, LOVED them. some personal **** happend with the GF. money is needed now. these were a large purchase and can be sold until i can afford something else in the future.
i bumped this thread. another member and i started talking. he sent money, i pulled them yesterday, they will be shipping tomorrow. so no. they are sold.

/thread