Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Tein Flex with EDFC for EVO8/9

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein Flex with EDFC for EVO8/9

Alright these are a decent set of Tein Flex with the EDFC. I have spent the time to properly clean and disassemble the entire setup to make sure there are no stuck rings or bad threads on any of the assemblies. This will come with the in-car adjustment setup and all wiring that you would expect new. In addition I have sent the lower brackets in for recall/exchange and this includes the brand new extra tough lower brackets that are ready for road/track duty.

The downside to this assembly and the reason the price is where it is at is because when disassembling the front left unit I discovered the unit had lost compression and in need of an inspection. At this point in time I sent it into Tein and they informed of $360 at worst to repair this strut. This included a new adjustment motor as the other one had got damaged in shipping. At this point in time I am looking to sell this kit to someone who wants a kit that has been fully inspected and doesn't want to pay the $2200+ MSRP new that this kit can sell for. If your concerned about the spring rate being wrong for the front or the rear this is an easy fix - just swap the front and rear springs. I have confirmed with Tein these dampers can handle 4k+/- of difference so no concerns there.

Just to be clear you will be getting the complete rear setup, the front right complete setup, and the parts other than what was shipped to Tein for the left front. All wiring and control box will also be included. I will authorize Tein to release the to-be repaired unit to the buyer and they can settle up that expense with Tein. The advantage to buying this setup is you know what your getting into and I have taken the time to disassemble and check things out visually before you have to. If you are a serious buyer I will send you the repair paperwork provided to me from Tein.

I am looking for $500 + shipping (lower 48) for everything here. So basically you can have your Tein Flex with EDFC unit for $860 which is 60%+ less than MSRP/new.

SOLD!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Tein Flex with EDFC for EVO8/9-tein.jpg  

Last edited by MitsuJoe; Aug 21, 2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Sold
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

Paypal sent
Old Aug 21, 2010, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Sold!