Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Sold

Tein HT Gymkhana Master Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adam_79_2005
I'm wanting some coilovers but how stiff is the ride with these? My EVO 9 is not a daily driver but when I do take her out I defenetly like to get on it from light to light or some highway V8 murdering, so for like example, leaving my neighborhood going over speed bumps, I got stock MR coilovers with tein springs, speed bumps are doable but slow
They are stiff, these are spring rates found on track set ups. These coilovers were purchased with the track in mind, but I also DD'ed the car.

MR coilovers with Tein springs are soft compared to this set up. the ability to adjust compression and rebound is what is nice about these coilovers. They can also be retrofitted to accommodate a dual EDFC set up.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Spring rates are very agressive for the street but as long as the valving is matched to the spring rate (understand these spring rates came this way...?) it should be a very nice track setup. Look at getting some R888's or slicks to stick to the track though
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tundeclips
Spring rates are very agressive for the street but as long as the valving is matched to the spring rate (understand these spring rates came this way...?) it should be a very nice track setup. Look at getting some R888's or slicks to stick to the track though
The spring rates are not the same as what these coilovers came with. OEM were 16k front and 10 k rears. I put the fronts in the rear and bought 12k for the fronts.

and YES, slicks would have helped tremendously!!!
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:29 PM

pm me the lowest you will go.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eblue_ix
pm me the lowest you will go.
replied