Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Buschur's Quick-Release Harness Bar Final Production Run

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
any straight file like this will work.
http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-...ile-96628.html

run it lightly and youll quickly see shiny metal.

my first thought is that the small spacer will slide up on the bolt when you start torquing it in. did you try that?
Old May 20, 2012, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
any straight file like this will work.
http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-...ile-96628.html

run it lightly and youll quickly see shiny metal.

my first thought is that the small spacer will slide up on the bolt when you start torquing it in. did you try that?
no - i'll give it a shot, it's pretty damn tight though.. doing it once and i'm sure it won't come off. my bolt is slightly different from the one on the picture (not just color, the symbol on top doesn't encompass the entire 'diameter' of the bolt's head) - not sure if that matters though.

small fyi, seems that the inner stock nut inside the assembly stays in it, and then the small supplied washer and then the bolt goes through - however, it seems you'll still have the same amount of thick smooth portion of the supplied bolt sticking out the other side (IF the small washer clears it in the first place), which the flange cannot clear either -

can i be certain that i received the proper bolts??

Last edited by kyoo; May 20, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old May 20, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

mine dont slide on by hand very far either, but the way they took the picture almost makes it look like that one didnt slide on all the way by hand either. thats why i think that it will slide on when torqued.
Old May 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

mine dont slide on by hand very far either, but the way they took the picture almost makes it look like that one didnt slide on all the way by hand either. thats why i think that it will slide on when torqued.
does yours look exactly like mine? it still leaves the issue of the smooth portion clearing the entire assembly, and the flange will definitely not clear that smooth portion (you can try by skipping the small washer part, should be the same length of bolt sticking through) not sure if it's the design or whatever though?
Old May 20, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

yes mine looks the same. the way i see the assembly, the tightness of the small bushing is what is taking away the rotation. im ure other people have installed this...
Old May 20, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

yes mine looks the same. the way i see the assembly, the tightness of the small bushing is what is taking away the rotation. im ure other people have installed this...
not sure - anyway that's where i'm stuck at now

that's why i've been posting in the thread hoping others would shed light on this.

Last edited by kyoo; May 20, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
If I had the seat belts left in my car I'd take it apart and take pics for you guys. I have no car at the shop with a bar in it other than mine and I pulled the OEM belts out of it since the first install.
Old May 21, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by David Buschur
If I had the seat belts left in my car I'd take it apart and take pics for you guys. I have no car at the shop with a bar in it other than mine and I pulled the OEM belts out of it since the first install.
yeah that seems to be the case with most people who run the bar unfortunately. the picture Jrod put on highboost makes sense.

im just concerned that if i lightly tap the small washer on and/or slide it on while torquing it in, that it will be too tight to spin anyway.
Old May 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

yeah that seems to be the case with most people who run the bar unfortunately. the picture Jrod put on highboost makes sense.

im just concerned that if i lightly tap the small washer on and/or slide it on while torquing it in, that it will be too tight to spin anyway.
it makes sense, except for the fitment (which like you said, just may need a hammer) and the smooth portion of the bolt that still sticks out of the other side. do you then tighten the flange all the way up to the smooth portion, and then just leave that as is, and then large washer, then into there?

somebody must have had similar questions of all the people who have bought and installed..or they just give up on the seatbelt assembly rotating?
Old May 21, 2012, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

can i get a confirm that the small washer will go all the way to the end of the bolt...

getting a little frustrated, not sure why this has to be so difficult.

holes not fitting, fine i can buy a file and file it down until it fits - what about the smooth portion of the bolt that sticks out beyond the seatbelt assembly that the flange cannot clear - is that by design or did i receive the wrong bolt...

for those of you who have installed, how tight is the bolt on the small supplied washer?

Last edited by kyoo; May 21, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

edit: was paint inside the flanges, not threads.

were there threads in the flange that connects to the bolt? because i definitely ****ing stripped them

so fed up with this ****

i was not kidding or joking around or being lazy when i said i am not good with this stuff these aren't simple tasks for me especially when you can barely tell if the screw is going in properly cuz there's powdercoat caked inside..

and now im pretty sure i'm ****ed.. unless it's designed for the 1lb flange to be spinning by your head

Last edited by kyoo; Sep 6, 2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old May 21, 2012, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

I don't even know what to say to be honest. First I have to say I really appreciate you organizing this group buy as we sold more bars since you did this for us than we did previously, by a large amount.

Second, I guess if things like this are very difficult for you, which I completely do not understand, maybe paying someone would have been best. All the correct parts are packed in the kits, Nick may have missed the powder coat but honestly, it's a small issue. Stripping bolts is just mind boggling to me.

I posted the Sparco instructions and they are virtually identical to putting our bar in with the exception of the pins.

It's a very simple thing to install, I am lost to the list of issues to figure it out.
Old May 21, 2012, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

I don't even know what to say to be honest. First I have to say I really appreciate you organizing this group buy as we sold more bars since you did this for us than we did previously, by a large amount.

Second, I guess if things like this are very difficult for you, which I completely do not understand, maybe paying someone would have been best. All the correct parts are packed in the kits, Nick may have missed the powder coat but honestly, it's a small issue. Stripping bolts is just mind boggling to me.

I posted the Sparco instructions and they are virtually identical to putting our bar in with the exception of the pins.

It's a very simple thing to install, I am lost to the list of issues to figure it out.
i apologize for the difficulty...

edit:: i guess the flange is not stripped, there was never any thread to begin with - just was because of the powdercoat..

and going back to the original question, with this bolt that has the smooth portion that clears the seatbelt assembly won't clear the flange right? so it just tightens up to the smooth portion of the bolt by design? it also makes it impossible to put the retaining washer back on - how does no one have a definitive answer to these questions?

Last edited by kyoo; May 21, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old May 21, 2012, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

The retaining washers are not used, end of story on those. Did you read the Sparco instruction link I posted? Is that the bolt we sent or one you removed?
Old May 21, 2012, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

The retaining washers are not used, end of story on those. Did you read the Sparco instruction link I posted? Is that the bolt we sent or one you removed?
yes - and it's the supplied bolt. the flange cannot clear that smooth part of the supplied bolt, which sticks out past the assembly - is that by design then? i imagine then the flange will be wedged between the large bolt and the smooth portion of the bolt then?

the sparco instructions are good for the basic idea of what goes where but i never could have guessed the small washer actually goes into the seatbelt assembly. next is that i didnt know the flange didn't have threads inside of it because of the powdercoat - getting them on should barely be a 10 minute effort at this point

also, the small washer is loosening up a bit as i continue messing with it.

Last edited by kyoo; May 21, 2012 at 08:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Buschur's Quick-Release Harness Bar Final Production Run