Notices
For Sale - Suspension / Brakes / Handling Includes pads, rotors, springs, shocks, swaybars, and other handling related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Custom Valved Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Swift Springs and Tein Camber Plates/Mounts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2013, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Custom Valved Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Swift Springs and Tein Camber Plates/Mounts

Up for sale is my old AutoX suspension setup. I purchased this suspension ~2.5 years ago here on EvoM after it had been freshly rebuilt by Bilstein USA. It is custom valved to 12kg/16kg which is excellent for ASP and very good for STU. The suspension comes with the matching swift springs, bilstein helper springs and tein camber plates/pillowball mounts all set and ready to go. I also have 2 adjustment wrenches (tein) that I will send the buyer.

I used this suspension for light street and autox duty over the last 2.5 years. It is in great condition and functioned beautifully. I am changing my car over from AutoX to RallyX so this had to come out for stock bilstein's to go in. They probably have ~ 20k miles on them since the rebuild.

Price: $1700 shipped and paypal'd.

Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

What was the ride like with such a high spring rate on the street?
Old Oct 23, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

I'd say it depends on what you can live with, and how the roads are near you. Most of the roads around here are in "ok" shape, I would avoid the really bad ones (of course I still plan on doing that lol). They did not feel any harsher to me than my old Tein setup on the normal road bumps. Passengers in the front rarely had issues, it seems like the ride is harsher in the rear though.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great setup. I was going to revalve me PSSS9s but my friend bought them from me. He's going to revalve them soon. Awesome quality coilovers. the new owners won't be dissapointed.

For the record, I have slightly stiffer coilovers 14/16k and it's stiff but nothing unbearable. My car is smooth when it's smooth but when you kit bumps you feel them. But it all depends on your tolerance and how much you complain :P
Old Oct 25, 2013, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thisxguy
Great setup. I was going to revalve me PSSS9s but my friend bought them from me. He's going to revalve them soon. Awesome quality coilovers. the new owners won't be dissapointed.

For the record, I have slightly stiffer coilovers 14/16k and it's stiff but nothing unbearable. My car is smooth when it's smooth but when you kit bumps you feel them. But it all depends on your tolerance and how much you complain :P
Friday bump! These are great coilovers buyer will be very happy. Like thisxguy said, its all about what your tolerance is for street driving.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

weekend bump
Old Oct 29, 2013, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

bump.

Last edited by vortico; Nov 1, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
Nice suspension. Pretty much what I want/need for SM. I assume you don't need a set of MR Bilsteins, GTWorx Springs, w/ Tein Camber plates? Good luck with the sale.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Right now no,sorry. I got a set of MR bilsteins and some circo design camber/caster plates, though it looks like one of the fronts was blown or had a bad valve so I had to swap to some kyb struts for the front. /grumble.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Bump it up.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Nov 12, 2013, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 77 Likes on 58 Posts
I still have my eyes on these. I'm trying to figure out if there's enough spring in these to negate the need for aftermarket sway bars. Then I could save the 500 on sways and endlinks, sell my current suspension, and upgrade to these for a pretty good price. Free bump to you.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Personally I had a Perrin RSB on the hardest settings before I got these on my car. Afterwords I ended up putting them on the softest and slightly softer would have been nice, but I can't say if the stocker would have been ok. I'm sure these would do great on an SM car the guy I bought them from used them on his BSP evo (maybe it was asp at the time, I can't recall).
Old Nov 13, 2013, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Consider a trade for JRZ RS pro? C

Quick Reply: Custom Valved Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers Swift Springs and Tein Camber Plates/Mounts