Notices
For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Looking for a particular product? This is where to post it.
Mark this thread as Unsold

evo 8 MAF + misc stuff

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2010, 07:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
evo 8 MAF + misc stuff

I need an evo 8 maf or a new honeycomb and a huge bolt that holds the rear crossmember up.

Heres a picture of the bolt location that I need for the rear crossmember

It's one of the 2 center bolts. You can see it missing in this picture.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why do you "need" a honeycomb? I know some people will argue differently, but it's not "needed". I ran my car without it for over 20k miles with no issues. Car always made average or better hp compared to others in the local area with similar mods.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BGevoIX
why do you "need" a honeycomb? I know some people will argue differently, but it's not "needed". I ran my car without it for over 20k miles with no issues. Car always made average or better hp compared to others in the local area with similar mods.
They say its off 5% at any given time without one.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:14 AM
Former Sponsor

You haven't noticed any ill effects by removing it? or did you rescale your VE tables to adjust to the extra air? Mellon initially told me to remove it, because theres a chance it can be sucked in.

I plan on going AEM down he road, but I want to give the stock ECU a chance to shine first before I make that big jump.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

I pulled mine at about 6k miles. Just driving I didn't notice any ill effects prior to it's first tune. Once it was tuned for my boltons, I never had any issues. Everything is adjusted for a tune anyway. And I have heard stories of them getting sucked in when running any descent amount of boost.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

and i ran it that way up until my build when i converted to speed density. highest hp it saw was 470whp on a mustang dyno and an ets 6262 turbo kit at 25psi on e85. however, we ran that same turbo kit on 29psi on 100 octane.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

and i ran it that way up until my build when i converted to speed density. highest hp it saw was 470whp on a mustang dyno and an ets 6262 turbo kit at 25psi on e85. however, we ran that same turbo kit on 29psi on 100 octane.
ok. ya, Ivey tunes my car so I'm sure he can tune around it. i plan on making 600whp and anything over 500wtq. I'll just leave it out for now. I know another guy that kept his but he epoxied the edges of it so it doesn't cave in.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

that will be a lot of torque with that kind of power. i'm only at 480tq with 620whp...which i think is fine for a low compression 2.0l
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

i have a maf.

also have that bolt in a box somewhere haha. if you pull the other one out and put it next to a dollar bill or something, i can probably find it.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by opjohnsmith
i have a maf.

also have that bolt in a box somewhere haha. if you pull the other one out and put it next to a dollar bill or something, i can probably find it.
Its one of the biggest bolts on the car. It should be almost as long as the dollar bill. Show me a picture of it and I'll know. I'm afraid to pull the other one out because than the cross member will need rebalanced or something. I remember reading it on the mitsu technical bulletin stuff.