Notices
For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Forum closed to new threads. Post your WTB/WTT in the forum that best matches your part with the WTB or WTT previx.
Mark this thread as Unsold

WTB: Front Metal Skid Plate/Undertray

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012 | 02:45 PM

WTB: Front Metal Skid Plate/Undertray

Like the Title said, I'm looking for a Metal undertray. lowered the wife's MR and wanted a little extra piece of mind and she also don't get the concept of taking speed bump slow and side way....
Old May 16, 2012 | 02:56 PM

Contact Ryan at http://www.thompsonracingfabrication.com/, his website is going to get an overhaul, he makes 3/16" 6061 aluminum skid plate for 8,9, and X. Tow hooks also available. He builds rally cars, great guy, knows his stuff. This morning a rabbit got a great view of mine!
Old May 16, 2012 | 02:59 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by punk3r
Like the Title said, I'm looking for a Metal undertray. lowered the wife's MR and wanted a little extra piece of mind and she also don't get the concept of taking speed bump slow and side way....
you actually might want to keep the plastic...metal dents, plastic doesn't. Also, it's designed to tear off, a metal one might just hang on and rip your bumper/fenders/fending linings all up
Old Jun 4, 2012 | 07:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ikt
you actually might want to keep the plastic...metal dents, plastic doesn't. Also, it's designed to tear off, a metal one might just hang on and rip your bumper/fenders/fending linings all up

My plastic skid plate is broken and half ripped off my car. I've only had about 900km of gravel driving. All the rally guys use aluminum skid plates. and carbon ones just shatter.