Notices
For Sale - Wheels / Tires Includes wheels, tires, bolts, and other related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

SSR Competition (Comp-H) wheels. 17X8.5 Brand NEW!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2007, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SSR Competition (Comp-H) wheels. 17X8.5 Brand NEW!

Four SSR Comp-H wheels
Color: Silver
Size: 17X8.5
Bolt pattern: 5X114.3
Offset: +31
Hubcentric rings: Included
Weight: 15.9lbs.

These wheels are BRAND NEW, never even had tires mounted on them. I picked up some CE28N's so I've decided to sell these. The front will require a 10mm spacer to clear the caliper. I would recommend a hubcentric type spacer be used (not included).

I'm asking $1080 shipped anywhere in the 48 states.

PM me if you are interested.

Here are some pics:

Last edited by CoreyR; Mar 1, 2007 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Added recommendation for Hubcentric spacer.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 09:16 AM

All PM's returned.

Corey
Old Feb 27, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

unlike the current USDM comps, the JDM comps i hear require a 5mm front spacer. can you confirm? also where in PA are you?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:07 PM

These will require a 10mm spacer to clear the front calipers on an EVO. I did a test fitment to make sure that is the case. I don't think just a 5mm would work.

I'm in the Lehigh Valley.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

a spacer for these comps must not only clear the caliper, it also must be hubcentric. are you including those?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 04:43 AM

I'm not including any spacers with the wheels. I am only including the hubcentric rings that came with the wheels.

Corey
Old Feb 28, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

just adding a spacer to a hubcentric ring'd wheel is risky :P
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:13 AM

I'm not advocating doing anything unsafe. The person buying these wheels can buy whatever spacers they want. If they want to use hubcentric spacers, they can. If they don't want to use hubcentric spacers, they can do that too.

I stated that they come with hubcentric rings, just as I recieved them. I am not including any spacers with the wheels... it is up to the buyer to acquire those separately.

The fact they come with hubcentric rings has nothing to do with spacers. Let's keep this misinformation out of my "for sale" thread.

Thanks,

Corey
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
If you use a spacer (any kind of spacer), does that mean that the weight of the car is 100% on the studs rather than the hubs?
Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:00 AM

No. The Studs connect your wheel to the hub, they don't support the weight of your car.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

sory but thats misinfo.... hubcentric wheels cannot be combined with spacers unless you risk the weight being on the studs. if u dont believe me, please just ask tirerack.

and yes i've owned Comps before, and wanted to buy urs if it included the hubcentric spacer.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 05:18 PM

Ugghh... how did this thread turn into this

From TireRack website:

"Some wheels are designed to fit multiple vehicle models and will use a centering ring system to reduce the bore size to match the hubs of different vehicles. These rings keep the wheel precisely positioned as the lug hardware is torqued down."

The rings do not fully support the weight of the car onto the hub. (I've seen plastic hubcentric rings in fact) They are made to center the wheel with the hub, not support weight. The weight of the car is transmitted through the hub by the contact face of the wheel, which is held on with studs.

I really don't wish to debate this with you in my for sale thread. As I said before, I am not advocating or selling anything unsafe. You are making it sound as though I am seeling some "death wheels" or something There is nothing different about these wheels than 90% of the aftermarket wheels out there that require spacers to clear the front caliper.

Corey
Old Feb 28, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

yes that is for hubcentric rings, which are made to fit wheels that do not have exact fitment on the hub. if you see your spacer, you will see it sits on the hub. so you've basically negated its purpose. do you understand? if you still dont please do some reading on hubcentric rings, then you will understand why standard spacers are not compatible.

ofcourse i brought this up because i was interested in these wheels if the spacers you included were hubcentric (which are mostly custom). this isnt ebay, if you are misinformed and try to sell things... someone's probably gonna catch it. i already told you im not here just trying to mess, i was an interested party w/ previous experience with ssr comps +research under my belt. dont be offended by it, doesnt mean no one will want this wheel. still sweet and can be installed no problem w/ hubcentric spacers.

Last edited by mifesto; Feb 28, 2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by mifesto
if you see your spacer, you will see it sits on the hub. so you've basically negated its purpose. do you understand?
If I see what spacer? I don't have any pictures in this thread with spacers. The buyer is responsible for providing his own (Hubcentric ) spacer if he wants these to fit on the front of his EVO.

Originally Posted by mifesto
this isnt ebay, if you are misinformed and try to sell things... someone's probably gonna catch it.
Here's my problem. There is nothing to catch. I've outlined very clearly that these come with hubcentric rings. And DO NOT come with any spacers, but 10mm spacers will be required to fit them on the front of the EVO to clear the caliper. Of course I would recommend the Hubcentric type.

Corey